Keaton Returns?!

I want this to happen.

3 Likes

OMG! This would be epic!!

12 Likes

I might be in the minority here, but Iā€™m not thrilled with this news. I worry that mainstream viewers will be confused about the multiverse. But who knows! Iā€™ll reserve my judgement till it comes out.

1 Like

8 Likes

Even if itā€™s a brief cameo, this is huge news!

5 Likes

Please let this happen!!

8 Likes

Great news but the age difference just doesnā€™t make sense. So when the next (hopefully after Snyder is gone) JLA movie is made then Batman is in a wheelchair.

1 Like

Age difference? Itā€™s probably going to be alternate earths (I.E. Keatonā€™s Batman is probably from Earth-89)

2 Likes

Iā€™m conflicted about it. On one hand, yes, Keaton returning to Batman would be really cool, but Iā€™m not sure if I like the idea of him potentially being the Batman of the DCEU and retired. I think I would prefer there to either be a different Batman along the same vein as Affleck, or they use the Flash/Flashpoint movie as an excuse to bring Robert Pattinson in there.

Also, there were also rumors lately of Jeffrey Dean Morgan being in the movie as Thomas Wayne/Flashpoint Batman, and I think that would work a lot better. Or, better yet, have Michael Keaton play Thomas Wayne.

2 Likes

I donā€™t have the words to explain my excitement about this news, itā€™s mostly just incoherent sounds of excitement.

5 Likes

Iā€™m on board. :partying_face: Hope it happens!

2 Likes

Absolutely love it! But Iā€™d still like to see an ACTIVE Batman still kicking azz in that continuity and not just the retired old man ā€œBatman Beyondā€ Bruce. But Iā€™m stoked Regardless!!!

1 Like

:pray: Please be Batman Beyond Bruce Wayne . . .

2 Likes

I just want to see that Anton Furst Batmobile in the background, even if itā€™s been mothballed.

6 Likes

Hopefully we will get a Batman Beyond movie if he does return.

2 Likes

I think it will be a smaller role in this film, but could expand, especially if they are looking at the ā€œNick Furyā€ of the DCEUā€¦

1 Like

I hope that the movie gives him the right amount of screen. Remember that in the Crisis of Infinite Earths crossover, Keatonā€™s Batman took place in Earth-89. Maybe the Flash could come across there. Also, I just found in addition that in the context of the story involving Keatonā€™s return, the events from the films Batman and Batman Returns is canon (obviously) but the events of both Batman Forever and Batman and Robin wonā€™t. Itā€™s your own opinion of what you all think of this.

2 Likes

If this falls through maybe they can get Clooney. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Just a reminder, the official report states there are no details regarding how large the role is or what his function in the story would be as these are still very early talks. Alot of speculation is being reported as fact, like Keaton being the DCā€™s Nick Fury. This would imply they have a PLANNED shared universe. I doubt WB is thinking that far ahead because it would all rely on Keaton saying yes. On top of that, Affleck already did the Nick Fury thing and he did it in one film. All the major players already know Batman and have already signed up.
I dont think WB/DC should blow the whole multiverse concept in one film, that should be an event film like Endgame. The audience needs to be attached and familiar with the characters before you go change them, if not the contrast is completely ineffective. I kind of think they shouldnt even bother with the multiverse at all, (especially if the CW event is anything to go by) but its literally the only way Keaton Batman meeting Miller Flash makes sense.

1 Like

This would be so amazing!

3 Likes