Keaton Returns?!

I don’t wanna get my hopes up too much but it’s been futile! I so want this to happen! I don’t understand why it wouldn’t happen. It seems like a perfect opportunity for Michael Keaton to get back in the spotlight again. It’s gonna be along wait till 2022 now, for sure! If this whole “nick fury-esque” batman of the multiverse pans out it’ll open up a whole slew of movie possiblities for the DCEU! Just say yes, mikey!

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I’m super excited for this. However, does anyone else think it’s a little bit crazy we’re going to have 3 different live action versions of Batman? It’ll really be interesting to see what this means for Robert Pattinson’s Batman. I doubt Ben Affleck’s Batman will be making a comeback, but with the Snyder Cut coming out who knows. Will these 3 versions of Batman be able to coexist, or will some have to die so another can live (Metaphorically speaking, I doubt they’ll literally kill off some of the Batmen)?

1 Like

Wow, I can’t believe it. Can’t wait to see what happens

1 Like

I bet it will be Flashpoint and he’ll be Thomas Wayne.

1 Like

I read the Jeffrey Dean Morgan was being eyeballed for Thomas Wayne! He’d be great as a batman too!

According to THR, Keaton’s Batman in The Flash will be Bruce Wayne rather than his father Thomas. Moreover, Keaton will appear in the full Batman costume, though it’s still unclear if there will be any sort of shared continuity with his version of the character from the Tim Burton films.

It’s going to be awful Keaton is already very old it’s just hard to imagine a 68 year old batman

Awful? We’re seeing Keaton as Batman again. That’s anything but awful.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking.
From reports the Flash movie is heavy influenced by Flashpoint.
So if Miller starts off with a scene with Batfleck (whether they get Ben back or use a deleted scene) plays most if the movie with Morgan’s Thomas Wayne Batman. Then when Flash runs back to fix the time line, obviously things change. Just like they did in the comic book. He finishes his scene with Robert Pattinson Batman.

I read that Jeffrey Dean Morgan would play the Thomas Wayne Batman to have continuity of his earlier DCEU appearance

2 Likes

Now this would be shocking just like the Crisis on CW and the tons of cameos. Ihope Jeffrey Dean Morgan comes back as Thomas W.

1 Like

Agree heavily!

1 Like

He is said to be the Nick Fury of the DCEU. But just to let you all know, I think this means since we get another Batman in the DCEU, I have some things to say why this is awesome.

1. We get to finish Tim Burton’s Batman.
  2. If there’s another Batman who traveled to the DCEU, who was before Ben Affleck became Batman, then we get multiverses to crossover. It was in the comics A LOT, and we get a chance to see multiple Batmen team up such as Ben Affleck, Robert Pattinson, Michale Keaton, George Clooney, Val Kilmer, Christian Bale, ketch get David Mazouz and LEGO Batman as well! We may even have Robert Pattinsons Batman ACTUALLY meet Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker since we really wanted h Th at badly. Film Theory said Darseid would cause, and he was set up in Justice League. We could get Henry Cavill’s Superman to meet Chrisopther Reeves Superman since they love talking about they’re moms a lot. Heck, we could have the 3 Jokers storyline here as well. While Marvel has Superheroes teaming up, DC has they’re multiverses of character’s teaming up as well!
1 Like

Are we in general agreement that this “Hold My Beer” comparison is totally ludicrous?

4 Likes

He’s officially back! Will be on screen as Batman in 2022 for the first time since 1992! That’s exactly 30 years, wow!

7 Likes

I mean, this is the Flash movie we’re talking about. Given all of the delays so far it could be 2032 before it actually happens.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yeah, this is exciting! Keaton brought me into the DC Universe.

1 Like

Me too!

1 Like

Really hope we get to see him interact with Batfleck!

2 Likes