Justice League Draft 2023

Oop you can’t.

5 Likes

Uh oh!

5 Likes

JUSTICE LEAGUE EAST: ENDLESS WINTER

In 10th century Greenland, a metahuman who initially used his powers for good, but not knowing how to control his powers, accidentally brings intense winters and causes famine and distrust among his village. During a conflict which threatens his family, he grows angry to the point where his village was completely encased in ice and becomes a vengeful being known as the Frost King.

In present day Greenland, Sebastian Stagg discovers a new ice strain which can achieve cold fusion. Suddenly the Frost King appears while spawning fierce ice monsters and causing frozen destruction in major cities.

Through the Frost King’s actions, an extinction-level storm wreaks havoc on the entirety of Earth, and the Justice League finds themselves fighting a literal force of nature! The League struggles with a losing battle against a seemingless endles ice army, while trying to uncover the devastating secrets which lie in the Frost King’s past.

Highlights:

• It’s a complex story, feel free to heavily focus on the ice monster/cold weather aspect
  • The Frost King’s motivations are mysterious. Deal with him empathetically or with conventional force.
  • Characters in your League who were alive in the 10th century may have had past dealings with the Frost King.
  • This is recent story, so be spoiler-concious in your comments

Instructions:

• 4 polls are listed below
  • Pick the league you feel would best prevail in this scenario
  • Assume the characters in the synopsis are replaced with the leagues in the poll
  • Even if you know the story, the plot could play out completely different with this unique group of league members
  • Add your perspective in the comments! Use your best judgment with spoilers
  • Team captains: Feel free to add some convincing but brief comments on why your team is the superior choice!
  • Winning team: when the poll is over feel free to share your perspective on “how it all went down” in as extended a manner as you wish.

Cradle2theGabe's Black, Blue, Green and Dead
  • Alec Holland (Swamp Thing)
  • Teth-Adam (Black Adam)
  • Jarro
  • Ted Kord (Blue Beetle)
  • Kilowog (Green Lantern)
  • Boston Brand (Deadman)

VS

Jurisdiction's Juri's Jury
  • Matthew Tyler (Hourman)
  • Garth (Tempest)
  • Ted Grant (Wildcat)
  • Donna Troy
  • Bloodwynd
  • Clara Kendall (Tomorrow Woman)
  • Black, Blue, Green and Dead
  • Juri’s Jury

0 voters

DreamingGirlWonder's Society of Wonder
  • John Constantine
  • Beatriz da Costa (Fire)
  • Koriand’r (Starfire)
  • Hippolyta
  • Jean-Paul Valley (Azrael)
  • Andrew Bennett (I, Vampire)

VS

Detective7's Detective's Dawn
  • Kara Zor-El (Supergirl)
  • Dick Grayson (Nightwing)
  • Rachel Roth (Raven)
  • Caitlin Snow (Frost)
  • Simon Baz (Green Lantern)
  • Garfield Logan (Beast Boy)
  • Society of Wonder
  • Detective’s Dawn

0 voters

4 Likes

My team I think can do well in this event. Many of my team members such as Fire and Constantine (who has used fire spells many times) can provide fire which obviously can be a very important thing to have during a cold winter. Jean Paul valley also is equipped with a flaming sword which can be useful in battles against ice monsters. Hippolyta was one of the people who originally stopped the frost king. She will be the leader on this mission since she knows how to defeat the king. Starfire and I…Vampire do not have any heat related powers but can use their strength to defeat the ice monsters.

5 Likes
Why Juri's Jury would win (Character by character)

Matthew Tyler: He could de-age Frost King back to when he wasn’t enhanced with Kryptonian powers or even so far as de-aging Frost King to a point before he even existed, wiping him out of existence. He could also trap Frost King in the worlogog for eternity, preventing Frost King from doing any damage in the real world.

Garth: Unbeknownst to most people, Garth can actually generate extreme heat will his left hand, a feat which would prove invaluable to the fight again Frost King.

Ted Grant: He’s an extraordinary fighter, even beating Batman! His excellence in combat would give the rest of the team a great deal of help against the Ice Horde!

Donna Troy: Throughout her years of training alongside Diana and Hippolyta, it is doubtful that she never heard stories of Hippolyta’s war against Frost King. That knowledge would be crucial to the success of the team. Donna is also a fantastic leader who would use that knowledge to lead the team to victory.

Bloodwynd: Bloodwynd’s retrocognition would help fill in the gaps of the stories Donna learned from Hippolyta. Bloodwynd would also learn more about the fight because he could see it happening (again, thanks to his retrocognition). Bloodwynd’s telepathy would also allow the team to communicate without letting Frost King in on their plans.

Clara Kendall: Clara is just an overall powerhouse. Just seeing her powers makes me doubt Frost King even stands a chance. She has telepathy, precognition (which would be invaluable in determining Frost King’s next moves), telekinesis, flight, force-fields, psionic blasts, super strength, super speed, superhuman durability, superhuman agility, superhuman reflexes, superhuman stamina (deep breath), mechanokinesis, superhuman intelligence, enhanced senses, audio sensitivity, visual scanners, voice imitation, and EMP generation. She also has no known weaknesses.

Basically:

Wildcat and Tomorrow Woman fight the Ice Horde. Once the Ice Horde is destroyed, Tomorrow Woman helps against Frost King, while Wildcat ensures civilian safety.

Bloodwynd and Donna Troy are the planners who come up with a game plan against Frost King, before battling him and inevitably winning.

Tempest and Hourman constantly fight Frost King.

Frost King doesn’t stand a chance.

5 Likes

That was a lot longer than I expected it to be lol

6 Likes

:black_heart: :blue_heart: :green_heart: :skull:

Gotta be brief for now…

With Hippolyta not on the team I think that shifts the moral center of the 10th century Black Adam/Swamp combo to where they would deal with Frost King swiftly and without mercy. Swamp Thing’s concern for the green would take precedent.

If the conflict still makes it’s way into present day I think Ted may advise to proceed with more caution/empathy but I believe the bulk of my team will either be neutral or outright advocates for merciless action. Using whatever chips are on the table including the Frost King’s family

5 Likes

It certainly doesn’t help that 1/3 of your team has already fought Ice King…

Honestly, I could see both of our teams handling this fantastically! No matter which way it goes, I think it’s safe to say both our teams are exquisite!

4 Likes

This is a good match-up, but I’m giving the edge to Gabe here. The reason: Deadman. Any threat which comes down to a single powerful enemy with an organic consciousness can be neutralized by throwing Deadman into his body to take it over.

7 Likes

Well, not necessarily. We’ve seen instances where people (heroes and villains alike) have broken free from Deadman’s control. However, I do agree that his abilities would give the team an edge against Frost King.

4 Likes

True, Deadman had great trouble taking over Batman’s mind for even a few minutes

5 Likes

And just to be fair. IIRC in the story they don’t know exactly where the Frost King’s actual body is until towards the end

4 Likes

See?
LOL

3 Likes

See, that’s the kind of thing having a clairvoyant on the team helps with.

5 Likes

Here’s some points I’m going to make.

• I have Raven and Supergirl so that’s two power houses
  • Half of my team are Titans so they’ll have some good teamwork compared to the teams with people who’ve barely met.
  • Frost will thrive in the cold.
  • Frost can fight fire with fire or more accurately ice with ice
  • A Green Lantern is always good to have
  • Raven is an Empath so she could try the empathetic approach before the violent one
  • Nightwing could help Raven with that approach and if that doesn’t work he can make a plan to take the Frost King down
  • Nightwing won’t be slowed down in the ice due to fighting Mr. Freeze a bunch. Plus he has a suit designed for the cold (Cryogenic suit)
  • Beast Boy could turn into an animal that isn’t bothered by the cold and help defeat the ice monsters

All in all I believe my team will do well.

8 Likes

Raven is one of those characters who I think they’ve made so powerful but the writers aren’t sure what to do with it. I don’t think there’s a lot out there that could really challenge her too much.

It’s probably her darker tendencies that keep her from being in the JL outright.

There was that Future State story where she was the big bad “Unkindness” and was going to destroy the multiverse or something. In my head I was like “yeah, that’s more like it :+1:”.

6 Likes

Just bumping this.

[bump]

4 Likes

Whoa what was that shaking! Oh a bump!

5 Likes

And so we have a tie between me and @EvilKat. What now?

4 Likes