Justice League Draft 2023

Polls are neck and neck. It’s a testament to the great teams we’ve all built!

Don’t forget to vote on JL West if you haven’t yet! Polls are open for another 24hrs.

5 Likes

Quick links for polls:

4 Likes

I believe my team has an advantage because two (or 3 if you count atom) of my team is able to change their bodies to help with anything that may come up.

4 Likes

You can’t possess boats.

5 Likes

I’m def rereading the East comics again to make sure I cast my vote as intelligently as I can. Good luck East!!

6 Likes

I’ve never read Final Night! Shameful really… I’m also playing some catch up.

7 Likes

It looks like we have our JL West Round 1 winners :trophy:

Congrats @FelixLeiter @EvilKat @Jay_Kay @Analyst9998!

We’ll wait for the East results and update the brackets accordingly. We’re going to run through the first three rounds of the main bracket, then we’ll play the consolation bracket just prior to the Final.

We’ll give a better idea of the exact schedule in a day or two.

12 Likes

Congratulations to the winners!

My personal Justice League West: Cry for Justice vote rulings:

Legacy League vs. Survival Squad: Agreed with the Legacy League ruling. The combination of John Henry Irons and Cassandra Cain with the leadership of Martian Manhunter is enough in my book to beat Prometheus.

Justice League Eclectica vs. Analyst’s Agency: Contrary to the results, I voted Eclectica. The wild cards of Resurrection Man and Ambush Bug were too much for Prometheus to account for, and just as argued, Ollie was the one who ultimately put Prometheus down.

Justie League Society vs. ThunderKats: Agreed with ThunderKats. Any half-decent team with Oracle will find a way to prevail against Prometheus, and the ThunderKats already have a strong all-purpose lineup.

League of Angels vs. Heroines of Justice: I also went with Heroines of Justice. A team full of powerhouses to overwhelm Prometheus with sheer force.

9 Likes

And that concludes HCQ’s post game breakdown!

tenor (2)

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That’s freaking FLAWLESS!!! I wish I thought of posting that Gabe!!!

6 Likes

I’ve never read outbreak before, but I believe that my team would win because they have something to prove. (They would probably want to temporarily deactivate Red Tornado though) Atom can get into electronics (maybe, I don’t exactly know but comics make retcons all the time.) metamorpho can turn into any element maybe a magnet and damage something, or maybe nitrogen and freeze stuff. Animal man has the abilities of animals so a lot can be done by him. Flash is smart and can probably help with problem solving and the creeper, well I don’t know, he just seems crazy, like a good guy Joker.

9 Likes

As promised: Here’s the full 22-Page comic detailing what happened…

JUSTICE LEAGUE: CRY FOR JUSTICE
BRING THE THUNDER #1

Prometheus has done the impossible and killed several high-profile members of the Justice League. Oracle has decided their will only be one more death… Prometheus. Oracle has assembled a team designed to bring the thunder!

Cry for Justice: Bring the Thunder #1

Page 1: Splash Page

Caption: Prometheus has done the impossible and killed several high-profile members of the Justice League. Oracle has decided their will only be one more death… Prometheus. Oracle has assembled a team designed to bring the thunder!

Panel 1: Oracle sits in her high-tech wheelchair inside her Clocktower lair.

ORACLE
Enough is Enough!

Caption: [Logo] Justice League

Caption: [Title] Cry for Justice

Caption: [Title] Bring the Thunder

Caption: [Title] Story by: EvilKat

Page 2: 2 Page Spread [1 of 2]

Panel 1: To the left of the panel is Oracle seated with her computer behind her. Her screen displays her Oracle avatar. To the right of the panel stands Dr. Fate (Kent Nelson), Aquaman (Arthur Curry), Green Lantern (Guy Gardner), Captain Marvel Jr. (Freddy Freeman), and Orion (the New God, not the star). The assembled heroes look at Oracle with curiosity. Oracle has a serious expression.

ORACLE
Prometheus needs to be stopped. He has taken too many lives… too many friends. It stops tonight. All of you were selected for this mission for very specific reasons. Make no mistake. We are not bringing Prometheus in alive. So…

Page 3: 2 Page Spread [2 of 2]

Page 4: 6 Panels

Panel 1: [Wide Panel] Focus on the assembled heroes as they exchange thoughtful looks.

ORACLE
(off-panel)
… Are you in?

Panel 2: Focus on Aquaman, who holds his trident aloft.

AQUAMAN
Batman was a comrade and friend. If you fight to avenge him and our other fallen comrades, Atlantis fights beside you.

Panel 3: Focus on Guy Gardner who holds his fist in front of him, his ring glowing green.

GUY GARDNER
He’s taken down Lanterns. To quote a good friend, “Let’s take this poozer down!”

Panel 4: Focus on Captain Marvel Jr. who stands with his arms folded and a determined look.

CAPTAIN MARVEL JR.
The Marvel Family has been impacted by Prometheus’ latest murder spree. The Wizard’s power is at your disposal.

Panel 5: Focus on Orion, who stands, holding his helmet at his side.

ORION
Honorable warriors have fallen. I will fight to avenge them.

Panel 6: Focus on Dr. Fate, whose eyes glow with yellow energy.

DR. FATE
It is time for Prometheus to meet his fate.

Page 5: 5 Panels

Panel 1: Guy Gardner addresses Oracle.

GUY GARDNER
I assume you have a plan?

Panel 2: Oracle nods.

ORACLE
As a matter of fact…

Panel 3: Oracle turns her chair around, so she is facing the computer, which starts to display text boxes and images.

ORACLE
… I do.

Panel 4: Focus on the monitor as it displays a warehouse on a dock.

ORACLE
I’ve tracked Prometheus to a warehouse here in Gotham. I hacked his computer system, and it seems like his next target is…

Panel 5: [Half-Page Panel] Oracle turns back to face the group, with the monitor displaying a picture of Alan Scott as Green Lantern. The warehouse picture is still up as well as some text boxes.

ORACLE
… Alan Scott.

Page 6: 5 Panels

Panel 1: Guy is visibly upset.

GUY GARDNER
Oh, no! Not Alan, too!

Panel 2: Focus on Oracle.

ORACLE
If we act now, right now. We can stop him before he can hurt Alan.

Panel 3: A full view of the room.

ORACLE
Last chance to back out. I know this is crossing a line for some. If anyone has any doubts… nobody will think less of you if you leave.

Panel 4: The heroes nod and look determined as Orion smiles.

ORION
Tell us the plan.

Panel 5: Close-up on Oracle who smiles.

ORACLE
Operation: Bring the Thunder.

Page 7: 5 Panels

Panel 1: [Half-Page Panel] An exterior view of the warehouse from the monitor. A crescent moon hangs in the sky.

Caption: A short time later at Prometheus’ hideout.

PROMETHEUS
(off-panel, in the warehouse)
Heh, heh. Your tarnished lantern is about to be recycled, old man.

Panel 2: Inside the warehouse, Prometheus looks at a screen that shows Alan Scott as Green Lantern and some text boxes.

PROMETHEUS
Tonight, your light goes out.

Panel 3: Prometheus hits a button on a control panel.

COMPUTER
Downloading target data.

Panel 4: A small computer chip ejects from the panel.

COMPUTER
Download complete.

Panel 5: Prometheus holds up the chip and has a smug smile.

PROMETHEUS
All the data I have on you, your tactics, and that blasted ring of yours. This is all I need to-

Page 8: 5 Panels

Panel 1: The lights go off and the computer screen displays Oracle’s avatar.

COMPUTER
You’re done, Prometheus.

PROMETHEUS
What the…!!!

Panel 2: Orion bursts through the window on his rocket sled. Glass shards spray into the room.

ORION
You will fall before the Dog of War!!!

Panel 3: Orion rams into Prometheus, sending him flying back into a wall.

Panel 4: Focus on Prometheus.

PROMETHEUS
You think you can best me in hand-to-hand? I can access the fighting style of Lady Shiva. Think you could take her?

Panel 5: Orion walks up to Prometheus, who looks smug.

ORION
Good men and women have fallen by your hand.

PROMETHEUS
I’m about to add one more name to that list.

Page 9: 4 Panels

Panel 1: Orion punches Prometheus with a right hook.

ORION
I think not!

Panel 2: Orion punches Prometheus in the gut, causing him to hunch over.

Panel 3: Orion grabs Prometheus by the shoulders.

ORION
Nice helmet…

Panel 4: Orion headbutts Prometheus. There is a spark as their helmets collide.

ORION
… Check out MINE!

Page 10: 4 Panels

Panel 1: Prometheus shakes his head and wipes blood from the corner of his mouth.

PROMETHEUS
Nice try.

Panel 2: Prometheus taps something on his helmet. He has a smug grin.

PROMETHEUS
MY turn!

Panel 3: Prometheus snap kicks Orion under the chin.
Orion is knocked back.

Panel 4: Prometheus does a spinning heel kick and hits Orion in the head, knocking him aside.

Page 11: 4 Panels

Panel 1: Prometheus walks over to Orion, who is on the ground.

PROMETHEUS
I wasn’t planning on coming for any of you “New Gods”, at least not yet, but why waste the opportunity, right?

Panel 2: Prometheus stands over Orion as a shadow falls over the room.

Panel 3: Prometheus turns and looks confused as the shadow still covers the room.

PROMETHEUS
What on Earth…?

Panel 4: Prometheus rushes to a window and is wide-eyed in amazement.

Page 12: Splash Page

Panel 1: Outside the warehouse a giant sea creature (kaiju level big) has risen from the water. Aquaman rides atop the creature holding up his trident. From a window, Prometheus looks out and is shocked.

PROMETHEUS
(under his breath)
Did not see this coming.

AQUAMAN
Prometheus…!!!

Page 13: 6 Panels

Panel 1: The giant Kraken-like beast splashes a large wave of water towards the warehouse.

AQUAMAN
… The seven seas call for your corpse!

Panel 2: Inside the warehouse Prometheus runs from the window as water rushes inside.

PROMETHEUS
(muttered)
Oh, ■■■■.

Panel 3: The water washes over Prometheus and pushes him.

Panel 4: Prometheus hits the far wall as the wave propels him into it.

SFX
SLAM!

Panel 5: The water recedes as Prometheus lies on the ground and shakes his head.

Panel 6: Prometheus starts to get up as the disembodied voice of Dr. Fate echoes through the warehouse.

DR. FATE
(disembodied)
Prometheus…

Page 14: Splash Page

Panel 1: Prometheus looks surprised as Dr. Fate emerges from an ankh-shaped portal inside the room.

DR. FATE
… Your fate is sealed!

PROMETHEUS
(muttered)
Well, ■■■■ me runnin’.

Page 15: 5 Panels

Panel 1: Dr. Fate flies towards Prometheus, who dodges behind a non-functioning piece of computer equipment.

DR. FATE
You cannot hide from me!

Panel 2: Focus on Prometheus as he hides.

PROMETHEUS
(under his breath)
Yeah? Watch me.

Panel 3: Dr Fate gestures with his hands as they glow with yellow mystical energy, as do the eyes of his helmet.

Panel 4: A full view of the warehouse interior. The water starts to glow with yellow energy.

Panel 5: Close-up on Prometheus as he sniffs the air.

PROMETHEUS
Do I smell… gas???

Page 16: Splash Page

Panel 1: Suddenly Guy Gardner bursts through the wall facing Prometheus, his ring blazing with green energy. Prometheus looks irritated.

GUY GARDNER
Time to die you ■■■■ eating son of a ■■■■■!

PROMETHEUS
Did you people send out evites or something???

Page 17: 6 Panels

Panel 1: Guy hits Prometheus with a construct of a wrecking ball connected to his ring by its chain. It sends Prometheus hurtling back.

GUY GARDNER
No more heroes will fall by your hand!!!

PROMETHEUS
Oof!

Panel 2: Prometheus slams against the far wall, it cracks from the impact.

SFX
SLAM!

SFX
KRAK!

Panel 3: Prometheus wipes blood from his chin and snickers.

PROMETHEUS
You think you can beat me?!?!

Panel 4: Prometheus looks smug as Guy walks towards him.

PROMETHEUS
I can access all of the fighting techniques of the greatest fighters this world has ever known…

Panel 5: Prometheus taps the side of his helmet, and it sparks violently.

PROMETHEUS
… And I will use them to-

Panel 6: Prometheus takes off his helmet and throws it to the ground. It sparks again and a few pieces explode.

Page 18: 7 Panels

Panel 1: Guy kicks the remains of the helmet as he stalks towards Prometheus.

GUY GARDNER
Oh, Oracle took care of your “special little hat”.

PROMETHEUS
But… that’s impossible… It’s a closed system, not on my network.

Panel 2: Guy points to Orion who, is regaining consciousness and groaning.

GUY GARDNER
You’re right. She couldn’t hack it. That’s why my buddy Orion over there head-butted you…

Panel 3: Guy grabs Prometheus by his shirt and pulls him in nose to nose.

GUY GARDNER
… See, when he did and made contact, he transmitted a little computer virus designed by Oracle to cause your helmet to overload and go boom. Well, his Motherbox helped a bit too.

Panel 4: Guy points to the window. Prometheus looks nervous.

GUY GARDNER
Speaking of going boom, I have another friend who’d like to have a word with you.

Panel 6: A view out the window shows Captain Marvel Jr. floating outside the warehouse, stone-faced.

Panel 7: A close-up on Captain Marvel Jr.'s mouth.

CAPTAIN MARVEL JR.
Shazam.

Page 19: Splash Page

Panel 1: A wide view from the outside of the warehouse as lightning streaks from the sky and hits the warehouse causing the gasoline to ignite and the building to go up in a blazing inferno. From the building flies a green energy bubble with Guy Gardner and Orion inside of it.

SFX
KRAAAAAAAKOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Page 20: 7 Panels

Panel 1: [Half-Page Panel] An exterior view of the Clock Tower.

Caption: Later that night.

Panel 2: Inside the Clock Tower Oracle sits at her computer, facing the monitor. Behind her the rest of the ThunderKats team is standing and watching the monitor as well. The monitor displays a picture of the remains of the warehouse. There are also a couple of text boxes.

ORACLE
The mission was a success. GCPD recovered Prometheus’ body.

Panel 3: Focus on Guy Gardner.

GUY GARDNER
And maybe this will make anyone who thinks about killing one of us, think twice.

Panel 4: Focus on Aquaman.

AQUAMAN
I must return to Atlantis. But if you ever have need of my aid. You need only call.

Panel 5: Aquaman leaves.

AQUAMAN
Farewell, my friends.

ORACLE
Thank you, Arthur. Give Mera my best.

Panel 6: Orion activates his rocket sled.

ORION
I must be going too. I’m needed back on New Genesis. Darkseid has been acting up again.

Panel 7: Orion flies off through a window.

ORION
Farewell, fellow warriors! May we fight side-by-side again one day!

Page 21: 8 Panels

Panel 1: Focus on Guy Gardner, who rises off the ground, surrounded by a green energy aura.

GUY GARDNER
Well, I hate to beat and run, but I’m needed on Oa.

Panel 2: Guy Gardner flies off through the same window Orion used.

GUY GARDNER
If you ever need help again, Red, just give ole Guy a call.

Panel 3: Focus on Captain Marvel Jr., who looks shaken.

ORACLE
Are you okay?

CAPTAIN MARVEL JR.
I will be.

Panel 4: Oracle addresses Captain Marvel Jr,. who nods.

ORACLE
If you need to talk…

CAPTAIN MARVEL JR.
Thank you.

Panel 5: Captain Marvel Jr. flies off through the same window.

Panel 6: Dr. Fate puts his hand on Oracle’s shoulder.

DR. FATE
Do not let this weigh on your soul. You did what must be done.

Panel 7: Oracle nods.

ORACLE
Thank you.

Panel 8: Dr. Fate exits through a portal, a study in the Tower of Fate can be seen on the other side.

DR. FATE
Farewell.

Page 22: Splash Page

Panel 1: Oracle exhales and looks like a weight has been lifted from her.

ORACLE
It’s over. Rest in peace, my friends.

Caption: The End… For Now.

10 Likes

Omg amazing cover. Can’t wait to read this later.

5 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

Hail Mary for the last 16 hours.

I feel like my team has good chemistry. I designed my team to have good chemistry and that will help when fighting crime.

5 Likes

There were some hard choices in this round of voting. A lot of great teams.

5 Likes

You know thats right gif

4 Likes

tenor

7 Likes

Nail biter! I’m glad we’re attracting a few outside voters to this :hugs:

6 Likes

This is great!! I mean stressful but great!!!

6 Likes