Justice League Draft 2023

Bold! I love it. Also, this makes sense to me for this reason: Prometheus has always recognized how formidable Oracle is. Rather than try to beat her, in the comics he attempted to recruit her.

6 Likes

Happy Easter everyone!

8 Likes

And a happy Passover!

9 Likes

And Ramadan!

8 Likes

Thanks! And I stand by the one issue statement and will write that issue if I win.

7 Likes

JUSTICE LEAGUE EAST: OUTBREAK

The new Justice League is blindsided when someone attacks them with their own computers, turning all their resources against them! A mysterious and prevasive contagion has made its way into the Justice League’s systems, causing the Batcave’s weapons and security systems to turn against the Dark Knight and the Watchtower satellite to plummet to Earth-with Cyborg trapped on board.

Not only are Earthly technical resources compromised, but Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz’s Green Lantern rings are reprogrammed to kill any member of the Justice League. Later, the identity of the Justice League’s mysterious new “villain” is revealed, who suddenly ups the ante!

Beaten, battered and outnumbered, the Justice League faces utter annihilation when Amazo and a host of the team’s deadliest enemies are released from prisons around the world as part of one man’s revenge against the world’s greatest superheroes.

Highlights:

• The Justice League’s technological assets have been compromised. While tech-centric characters are an asset they are equally as vulnerable as there is no apparent limitation to the reach of this contagion.
  • Batman and Cyborg can exist in this scenario as both characters are prominantly mentioned, but the leagues in the poll must make all the key moves which progress and resolve the conflict.
  • In the same capacity, you can reference Green Lanterns, even if the team has none (but they can’t play a major role unless the team has a GL)
  • The latter portion of the conflict involves a more conventional “brawl” against Psimon, Mammoth, Jinx, Gizmo, Shimmer, Plastique, Scarecrow, Major Disaster, Giganta, Coldsnap, Heatstroke, Girder, and their “big guns”-- Amazo.

Instructions:

• 4 polls are listed below
  • Pick the league you feel would best prevail in this scenario
  • Assume the characters in the synopsis are replaced with the leagues in the poll
  • Even if you know the story, the plot could play out completely different with this unique group of league members
  • Add your perspective in the comments! Use your best judgment with spoilers
  • Team captains: Feel free to add some convincing but brief comments on why your team is the superior choice!
  • Winning team: when the poll is over feel free to share your perspective on “how it all went down” in as extended a manner as you wish.

Cradle2theGabe (Black, Blue, Green and Dead)

Battlecry: “We Also Have Jarro!”

• Alec Holland (Swamp Thing)
  • Teth-Adam (Black Adam)
  • Jarro
  • Ted Kord (Blue Beetle)
  • Kilowog (Green Lantern)
  • Boston Brand (Deadman)

VS.

scoop001 (New Birds of Prey)

Battlecry: “We Have the Scoop for Justice!”

• Helena Wayne (Huntress)
  • Barbara Gordon (Batgirl)
  • Natasha Irons (Steel)
  • Kimiyo Hoshi (Dr. Light)
  • Kendra Saunders (Hawkgirl)
  • Dinah Drake (Black Canary)
  • Black, Blue, Green and Dead
  • New Birds of Prey

0 voters

Jurisdiction (Juri’s Jury)

Battlecry: We! Like! CHICKEN!!!

• Matthew Tyler (Hourman)
  • Garth (Tempest)
  • Ted Grant (Wildcat)
  • Donna Troy
  • Bloodwynd
  • Clara Kendall (Tomorrow Woman)

VS.

HubCityQuestion (The Major Arcana)

Battlecry: “Destiny Calls!”

• Tora Olafsdotter (Ice)
  • Jamie Reyes (Blue Beetle)
  • Nimue Inwudu (Madame Xanadu)
  • Solis (Lightray)
  • Dawn Granger (Dove)
  • Grant Emerson (Damage)
  • Juri’s Jury
  • The Major Arcana

0 voters

DreamingGirlWonder (Society of Wonder)

Battlecry: “Dream on!”

• John Constantine
  • Beatriz da Costa (Fire)
  • Koriand’r (Starfire)
  • Hippolyta
  • Jean-Paul Valley (Azrael)
  • Andrew Bennett (I, Vampire)

VS.

CKComics (Society of Justice League Outsiders)

Battlecry: “You Can’t Have An In Crowd Without The Outsiders”

• Rex Mason (Metamorpho)
  • Barry Allen (The Flash)
  • Ray Palmer (The Atom)
  • Buddy Baker (Animal Man)
  • Jack Ryder (Creeper)
  • John Smith (Red Tornado)
  • Society of Wonder
  • Society of Justice League Outsiders

0 voters

bookwormfitzpatrick.91230 (The Bookworm Brigade)

• Eel O’Brian (Plastic Man)
  • Mari McCabe (Vixen)
  • Hal Jordan (Green Lantern)
  • Scott Free (Mister Miracle)
  • Big Barda
  • Roy Harper (Arsenal)

VS.

Detective7 (Detective’s Dawn)

Battlecry: “It’s always darkest before the dawn, but when you see this team, you know that sunrise is almost there.”

• Kara Zor-El (Supergirl)
  • Dick Grayson (Nightwing)
  • Rachel Roth (Raven)
  • Caitlin Snow (Frost)
  • Simon Baz (Green Lantern)
  • Garfield Logan (Beast Boy)
  • The Bookworm Brigade
  • Detective’s Dawn

0 voters

6 Likes

And he’ll do it! I’ve seen EvilKat’s scripts before, they’re something else. Rooting to see a few issues of ThunderKats.

5 Likes

Here we go, East Division! Time to make my case!

THE MAJOR ARCANA: OUTBREAK

The first of the events Madame Xanadu has foreseen has arrived. As the world’s technological heroes are compromised, even up to their Green Lanterns, two cards from beyond this world have been drawn.

The Contagion virus may be able to overcome Guardian technology… but it’s never faced anything like Lightray’s Mother Box before. A sentience itself, nurturing to oppose the Contagion’s malfeasance, the Mother Box keeps the Contagion in check until it can be properly neutralized.

But the Contagion is not without defenses. Pouring billions of dollars into a contract against the Major Arcana, some of the world’s most formidable villains arrive to keep Xanadu from executing her plans. But Xanadu doesn’t need to defeat them — only keep them busy until the Contagion can be hacked and the contract canceled.

It’s for this reason that Xanadu has prepared Ice, Damage, and Dove in advance. Xanadu is no fighter, but she is a creature of destiny realized: awakening those she brings to her to their true purpose. From King Arthur to Hawkman, all who have sought her have left her side as the true hero they have always been meant to become.

Ice is still reckoning with the full scope of her own destiny, but is beginning to realize her true potential as a winter goddess. Ice slows the wave of enemies who ambush the Arcana all at once with her chilling command of the cold.

Even with Ice slowing them down, not all of the Contagion’s cadre would be stopped in their tracks. Xanadu and Ice both are counting on the Danger Sense of Dove to keep them busy, dancing around their attacks as she never fails to anticipate their next move.

Slowed by Ice and distracted by Dove, Damage is Xanadu’s big gun to put the villains down. Damage has the ability to dish out all the energy he has stored at once at a level that would make Superman wince — a formidable power, but useless if he’s caught unprepared for a fight. Fortunately, with the Major Arcana, Grant Emerson has a clairvoyant on his side. Today, he’s ready.

All of this gives Xanadu’s trump card on this day the ability to truly conquer the Contagion: Jaime Reyes, heir to the Blue Beetle. Years ago, in the Infinite Crisis, Batman turned to the newly scarab-fused Jaime of all the heroes on Earth as the only one who could override the rampant, villainous artificial intelligence of the Brother Eye satellite.

Not Cyborg. Not Oracle. Not even a New God or a Green Lantern. It had to be that unique combination of arcane magic and alien technology only present in Jaime’s scarab. It was the new Blue Beetle’s first chance at the very start of his superhero career to prove himself, and he passed with flying colors. Luckily, this time, now much better acquainted with Khaji-Da, the effort wouldn’t knock him out for a year. Jaime and his scarab are fully in sync with each other, and it’s the very same Brother Eye satellite they use to broadcast a signal which finally disrupts the Contagion computer virus.

8 Likes

Here’s how I think my team might win

Azrael will be the “Tech Smart” character during this event. He will need to build himself a suit that doesn’t have any tech involved and will be the Batman equivalent on the team and will help battle the virus. Jean Paul Valley studied Computer Programming during college so he knows a lot about tech and computers.The rest of the team doesn’t really have any tech so they won’t be that affected by the virus. Hippolyta will lead the team in the final battle where earths greatest villains break out of prison and attack. The Villains that break out I think can be easily beat by people like Hippolyta and StarFire. Starfire may also be a little Tech smart as she knows about alien technology. Azrael and Starfire also have worked together before and will be the key to stopping the virus. Our other characters have strengths that will be good to fight off the team of villains, such as Hippolyta many fighting skills and I vampires Regeneration ability. Amazo is the only villain I think could put up a good fight to my team. There are many ways the wonder’s could defeat amazo. They could pull the disbanding trick that Superman once used, another thing to think about is that some versions of Amazo were programmed to copy the ability’s of and destroy the main Justice League. Most of my members have never been on the JL so Amazo wasn’t program to deal with them. Constantine is another big hitter during this battle. He also won’t be affected much by the virus as he doesn’t really use any tech at all. Fire also doesn’t use tech so she won’t be affected.

7 Likes

Just doing a character strengths kind of thing…

Black, Blue, Green, and Dead

Swamp Thing: Technology issues? Not a problem! Swampy has a built in far-reaching network, and a vast infrastructure of his own, The Green! Swamp Thing is your new bio IT department. This near-godlike entity is not easily shaken by the machinations of man, technological or otherwise.

Black Adam: Our big guns. Whether it’s catching a plummeting Watchtower or cleaning house (with ease) regarding the slew of attacks from B-List villains, Adam operates with ruthless efficiency. If Black Adam alone is not enough to take on Amazo, a quick assist from any team member will push him over the top.

Jarro: If Psimon thinks he has the psychic edge he is mistaken. Jarro may be a Robin-in-training, but his Starro heritage runs deep. No matter how strong the villain, if they have a mind–it belongs to Jarro. With his unwavering loyalty to Batman he’ll be sure to back up the Dark Knight as things go awry in the cave.

Ted Kord (Blue Beetle): This is the man who single handedly uncovered Maxwell Lord’s Checkmate/Brother Eye conspiracy. And he’s no slouch on tech either. Without Batman or Cyborg to lean on, the Kord Industries owner/founder will make quick work of this contagion mystery.

Kilowog: Jessica and Simon are formidable Green Lanterns with a lot of promise, but when things take a turn for the worse there’s not many other GL’s you would want by your side more than the trainer of Lantern’s, Kilowog. He’s got willpower and the experience to back it up, and then some. When all else fails, Kilowog doesn’t need a ring to take you on. He’s a powerhouse either way.

Deadman: Even I don’t know how Boston Brand is going to make himself useful, but you better believe that he will. Whether it’s possession of an enemy or acting as a medium to otherworldly forces, this guy can go places that no one else can.

7 Likes

Deadman really is the ultimate utility player. Need to stop Doomsday? Don’t call Superman. Just put Boston in his head. Only problem is that won’t work on Amazo.

7 Likes

Alright!

Matthew Tyler and Clara Kendall are both androids, but neither are reliant on the Watchtower’s tech. Clara is able to communicate with and control other technology. She could easily restore the tech to its correct functioning.

Additionally, Matthew Tyler has access to his own timeship, which holds its own tech. He could utilize that tech to track the villain, monitor the Earth, and hold communications with the rest of the team. Once Clara isolates the virus, Matthew could de-age it to the point where the virus no longer exists, just like he does to Amazo in the Hourman series from 1999.

While the androids work, Bloodwynd, Donna Troy, Tempest, and Wildcat would protect the Earth from other intense threats, and protect Matthew and Clara from being attacked while they work.

6 Likes

I would like to point out that Nightwing had an arc in his Rebirth series of him fighting technology. I believe he’d be a good help in this scenario.

8 Likes

Yeah he and Batman also take on Amazo in under the hood I believe.

7 Likes

He also fights Amazo in young justice when he was Robin.

9 Likes

Polls are neck and neck. It’s a testament to the great teams we’ve all built!

Don’t forget to vote on JL West if you haven’t yet! Polls are open for another 24hrs.

5 Likes

Quick links for polls:

4 Likes

I believe my team has an advantage because two (or 3 if you count atom) of my team is able to change their bodies to help with anything that may come up.

4 Likes

You can’t possess boats.

5 Likes

I’m def rereading the East comics again to make sure I cast my vote as intelligently as I can. Good luck East!!

6 Likes