‘Justice League Dark,’ ‘The Shining’-Inspired Series From Bad Robot Set at

They both should be included. They were amazing!

Okay, I’ll admit I’ve never watched Keanu Reeves’ performance as John Constantine, but Matt Reeves, to me, is it! He’s really been the perfect embodiment of that character; I hope he sticks around the Arrowverse for a very very long time.

Shoot, whenever I read John Constantine now, I read him in Matt Reeves’ voice. So… yeah, definitely a fan.

As for Derek Mears as Swamp Thing? Well, Swamp Thing is my favorite DC character and the show was simply sublime for me. Sign me up for any more of that rendition/world of Swamp Thing.

As for the Justice League Dark announcement itself:

Granted, I’d do just about anything to see Guillermo Del Toro’s vision of this franchise come to the big screen, but I will happily take a J.J. Abrams’ version in episodic format. I wonder which JLD team we’ll get?! I would be thrilled for either, but part of me wants the current iteration, if nothing else than to see an on-screen Bobo and Man-Bat.

I am excited to see a JLD. The occult as a lot of options to explore, Trigone > Brother Blood > Raz > the new stuff that Metal introduced > Deadman…on and on.

Matt Ryan has to be Constantine. He has done an awesome job embodying the hellbound master of dark arts.

I think ‘The Shining’-inspiration is a bad, bad, bad, idea. Honestly a ‘Legends of Tomorrow’‘SuperNatural’ combo would work better in my opinion. You know devils, demons, magic and dark humor.

Come on look at the members of the JLD, broken hero’s, that have minor moral issue to the idea of ‘crime & punishment’ vs. ‘vengeance & punishment’. I mean all of them see that killing a bad guy could be the best form of justice. Which is why they are JLD and not JLA.

^ I think you’re confused.

Abrams’ JLD series has nothing to do with The Shining.

The article linked to here mentions 3 distinct properties being developed by Abrams:

1. Justice League Dark
  2. Overlook, a spinoff of sorts to The Shining
  3. An original crime drama called Duster
1 Like

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I would have thought that to be horrible.

They should go with 80s Zatanna, when she wore that weird red bug thing on her head. :laughing:

1 Like

Tens of thousands! I don’t think this can be emphasized enough. The comics selection at first was an afterthought. Now it’s the center of the app.

2 Likes

I didn’t mind the comic section when it launched but last April hit and they added all those series…wow. It was amazing. I’m still going through some of the series I added to my favorites. I’m even more thrilled that Scooby-Doo Team-Up is coming.

1 Like