‘Justice League Dark,’ ‘The Shining’-Inspired Series From Bad Robot Set at

I’m totally down for Derek Mears to reprise as Swamp Thing, and I have no great feeling one way or another about Matt Ryan’s Constantine. Any other thoughts or casting ideas?

12 Likes

I love to Fancast. But I really am nervous for DC Universe that I absolutely love, because all the new DC shows are not coming here

3 Likes

There’s no need to worry. There’s another season of Young Justice Titans and Doom Patrol coming, plus we stil have Stargirl and Harley Quinn. I’d imagine a show like JLD would be very expensive and I’m willing to bet HBO has more for the budget. It doesn’t meant the service is in trouble.

7 Likes

Oh wow, huge news!

1 Like

Doom Patrol season 2 is going to both. Stargirl was split with CW. Harley Quinn is still airing, season 3 could easily be moved to HBO Max. But JLD, Green Lantern, Strange Adventures all to HBO? Nothing new has been announced for DC Universe

1 Like

Yea, those joint ventures help with the costs of these DC shows. And by that rationale, nothing has been said or confirmed about any issues with DC Universe. It’s best to deal with confirmed information than speculation.

2 Likes

I’m super excited that we’re likely getting Zatanna in live action! If they will have Swamp Thing, I wonder if it will be the DCU version. And if Constantine is part of it, will it be the Arrowverse Constantine? So many questions!

4 Likes

I have to confess, when I heard about this my first reaction was “SQUEEE!” and my second reaction was “Oh, right! This is going to worry fans.”

Yes, there are new models emerging for DC Universe; for example, we’re getting Stargirl 24 hours before CW, and with a lot of bells and whistles CW won’t get; but many fans are looking at the simple fact that we’re sharing with CW.

The fact remains that DC Universe is a fan engagement platform with huge interests from on high to make sure that those who are subscribed feel rewarded for their loyalty to the brand. This won’t always come in the form of original content, but this time 6 months from now (current global circumstances willing), I think we’ll all be very happy with a world that has both HBO Max and DC Universe.

I would also keep in mind that the content we’re going to get on HBO Max is going to be INSANE. They will be able to do things for us geeks (See: My “Squee” about JLD) that will give DC the celebration of its deep bench of incredible characters it deserves. We’re a niche service, and we’ll keep bringing you those deep fan experiences; but think of these bigger projects as a complement to our service, on par with theatrical.

Anyway, squeeee!!

12 Likes

I’m seeing this as good news. This show has so much potential. If they take elements from the comics, we’re in for something pretty special, here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, @Applejack! Appreciate the information and kind words :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Absolutely, captain.

5 Likes

(If I hear anything about Derek Mears or Matt Ryan, I’ll blink twice!)

6 Likes

Just heard and it sounds awesome. Especially since im finally watching Constantine and I’ve been enjoying swish more magic DC got there tv or movie time and it looks like it can true.

Can’t wait very excited.

1 Like

I always thought of DC Universe as a comics-first platform with a strong community and video content as a bonus. I love everything DC, so whether it’s here on DCU or HBO Max, or Netflix, I will watch it.

4 Likes

AND I found out today that Comcast is going to have HBO Max available for its customers as part of the package I already have! Yippee! (Or, in Applejack speak: SQUEE!)

3 Likes

Well said, @Mae

I believe anyone who currently gets HBO will get HBO Max as a free upgrade. At least those that get it via AT&T for sure.

1 Like

It was sort of up the air on how certain that all is/was, however the money stuff got worked out with Comcast and they announced it yesterday. Or maybe this morning, I can’t keep track anymore.

I agree that the money that HBO Max will have is what these shows deserve, I am just worried about the Comic Books and the community, this is my favorite subscription. I think it would be nice to just throw us a bone, hey, DC Universe is getting a new Red Hood animated show or something. And sharing stuff is totally fine, but right now its not a two way street, you know what i mean?

3 Likes

We’ll be getting BizarroTV if that helps ease your mind. An animated anthology show featuring deep cut DC characters.

4 Likes