Just want to hear everyone's opinion on why DC is more superior than marvel.

IMO, DC is not “more superior to Marvel”.

Typically, I prefer DC but that is simply a matter of taste. There are only a couple of DC comics that I don’t subscribe to while there are several Marvel comics that don’t interest me.

I’m a series-by-series kind of guy. I like to let each title stand on its own. For that reason I also read comics from Image, IDW, Dark Horse, Dynamite, and others.

Good quality comics come from many sources and there are so many choices for us that I can’t read everything. But I choose to read what I most enjoy regardless of the publisher. That just happens to include most of the DC ongoing titles.

4 Likes

I actually prefer Marvel to DC. I’m not really sure why, but I have Marvel Unlimited and I have read pretty much all of their characters and I’ve liked all of them. I feel like Marvel has done their team characters better. I prefer the Fantastic Four, Avengers, and X-Men to the Justice League. Spider-man is also my favorite character because he just seems so relatable sometimes. For DC, I really do like the Flash, Batman, and Superman, so I’m not just a Marvel fan.

2 Likes

Marvel doesn’t curtesy flush

2 Likes

I think the characters are a bit more inspiring in DC. The TV shows are better (Marvel cartoons were never that entertaining for me. They just felt like they were milking the movies. But we have unique shows like Teen Titans (TT Go is also very successful), Young Justice, All of the Batman/Superman tv shows, and Arrowverse. Batman, the Joker, and Robin still stand out. People still think of the Joker when they think of “villain.” People still think of Robin when they think “Sidekick.” That should say something. Batman and Superman have the two most recognizable symbols out of both franchises. The only one that can compare is Cap’s Shield.
Marvel does have better movies though. Admittedly, they seem to have a better plan. But in the end, that is thanks to the funding they got from one of the world’s biggest companies.

1 Like

One word Shazam

3 Likes

Marvel doesn’t help old ladies cross the street

4 Likes

I enjoy both comic companies, but if I had to choose one it would be DC Comics.
It maybe because I grew up with the many animated series they produced.

After difficult events and changes in my life… my DC Comics collection would still be there.

Comics given to me by departed relatives, former friends, and current friends and family.

I have difficulties with communication skills, but when I talk about comics the anxiety and depression seem to not hold me back as much.

1 Like

Marvel doesn’t wash it’s hands after going to the restroom

5 Likes

Aquaman is cooler than Namor
Swamp Thing is cooler Man Thing

Even though DC stole the basic character Ideal from Marvel

But no I don’t think either of them are superior … oh but maybe Superior Spider-Man (bad joke)

3 Likes

Marvel always needs to borrow money and never pays you back

5 Likes

I think “superior” may be too strong of a word for my personal stance, but I definately do prefer DC over Marvel. A basic rule of thumb that I like to use when comparing the two is to say that Marvel tells stories of men trying to be gods and DC tells stories of gods trying to be men (really wish I remembered where I first read this). And to me, that will always be more interesting.

6 Likes

Marvel always flirts with your love every time you leave the room.

4 Likes

…would I be crazy to say I love them equally?

ducks

3 Likes

Marvel has a mouse infestation.

10 Likes

Not iconic heroes and villains

My opinion is that most marvel stories are for younger readers. Dc seems to have more stories for adults. There are exceptions though. I’ve always loved the Punisher and still do.

2 Likes

Marvel has a larger subscribership and fan base. Although DC has great stories and IP’s Marvel has been successfully at retaining their base and maintaining market share,

4 Likes

I’m part of the “I enjoy them both equally for different reasons” group, and frankly it’s not just Marvel and DC but it’s the huge world of comic book characters and Concepts and also huge World Beyond superheroic.

The historic “sea change” right now for all comic book publishers reminds me of those stories where heroes and villains unite against a common foe;

This minute Marvel and DC and all the other comic book companies are dealing with the same thing that the DVD and CD Music publishing companies did a few years ago… now there’s a massive sea change on how people want their entertainment delivered to them, and DC and Marvel and all the rest are scrambling to figure out ( along with the comic book stores (think Blockbuster stores)) right how to survive the mass migration away from printed page communication.

2 Likes

Marvel doesn’t pay child support

3 Likes

I like some marvel but for the most part the books just piled up and didnt get read. So i canceled all my marvel subscriptions besides deadpool and venom. The rest of my pull list is dc or image and when I pick them up each week i cant wait to read them. Better story telling, better characters, higher stakes.

4 Likes