JSA Book Club

Here’s to a new year @JSABookClub and we have the year’s first discussion. I welcome you all to join in.

[JSA Book Club] The JSA Returns [Jan. 1-15]

5 Likes

Here’s our next discussion @JSABookClub.

[JSA Book Club] In Battle Joined [Jan. 16-31]

2 Likes

Heads up people our crossover event with the JUSTICE LEAGUE BOOK CLUB has gone live. Here’s the link.

Here’s our current discussion. Enjoy!

Here’s the current discussion that starts tomorrow. Enjoy.

Here is April’s discussion which is taking a look at two instances of the JSA joining in the war effort.

Oh goody question time

1. I have this Alex Ross print on my wall…

1. Superman, Batman, Dr. Fate, Starman, Hourman, Dr. Mid-Nite, Flash, Green Lantern, Spectre, Wonder Woman and then there’s the All-Star Squadron…

2. I missed out on the JLA/ JSA crossover in 1975 so it was All-Star Comics #58 in October 1975 where I first encountered the team.

2 Likes

Welcome to the club @CaptainYesterday. Glad to have you aboard.

1 Like

Here’s our newest session. Hope to see you all there.

Thank you, I’ll try to get caught up as soon as I can.

There’s some very nice selections I’d like to comment on.

Great! I’d love to hear your thoughts on some of our past selections.

1 Like

Here’s our next session @JSABookClub.

2 Likes

Here is our first session for June.

3 Likes

And here is our second June session @JSABookClub.

3 Likes

I may take a dip in this data pool on a hot summer day we shall see

2 Likes

1,3: Stargirl fully introduced me, but they probably popped up somewhere in my “get every DC Comics collection that I can possibly find/put on hold” library phase.
2. Stargirl.

3 Likes

Cool. Welcome to the JSABC.

1 Like

I am somewhat to pretty familiar with the golden and silver age JSA, I was always intrigued with the JLA/JSA team ups during the silver age. During my youth, I always looked forward to the 100 page spectaculars that featured golden and silver age reprints. My favorite character was the original Dr. Mid-Nite. I was especially happy that they reprised the Charles McNIder as well as the Beth Chapel incarnations of Dr. Mid-Nite in the Stargirl TV series. A mini-series featuring the third incarnation of Dr. Mid-Nite, Peter Cross, was published as a mini-series. The JSA’s first mascot was Hootie the Owl who helped Dr. Mid-Nite battle many criminals.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Very similar to my answers except Stargirl’s predecessor, “Absolute Justice” was my intro.

1 Like