Joshua Williamson Q&A and Exclusive Giveaway!

Hi Joshua, which version of Superman is the best for you?

4 Likes

Hello Joshua! My question for you is what do you believe is the most important aspect when writing a Superman story?

4 Likes

Hi Joshua l,

All great heroes are defined by their challenges, specifically their rogues gallery. Can we expect you to create new ones? Plans to revamp any forgotten foes? Plenty of “interesting” characters throughout Supes history to choose from. :grinning:

Thanks
Shawn

5 Likes

Welcome to DCUI, @shawn.mallory.89055! :partying_face: :tada:

5 Likes

deep breath

Welcome to the community @cheesebiscuit, @yianniloizou.7356, @clorocha18, @swhhailey.2293, @KDComics5, @ctwmnbt, @philipgrippi92.20312, @Squacker, @SuperVallain, @acompoundeyefilms.39140, @n3rdburn.48185, @jasper.eddy02.55781, @pacotor23.98445, @austinpphillips.17727, and @shawn.mallory.89055 and welcome back to the community @wtobelman.71549, @kaikuzo101.48338, @alh85.22288, @nickthehobo, @skubast3v3, @dead4centuries, @jessechurch, and @RepHope! :tada: :tada: :tada:

Happy Birthday to @alh85.22288 as well! :partying_face:

If any of y’all need anything, please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know!

10 Likes

Heyo!!

I’d love to hear about how you first got into Superman and what your personal favorite Superman stories are.

4 Likes

Hello Mr. Williamson! What’s your favourite part of your scripting process?

4 Likes

Great question @swnbv!

2 Likes

Hi! I’m absolutely loving the dynamic between Lex and Clark in this series so far! The writing and art is amazing! I’ve always been a fan of the man of steel but I’m relatively new to the comic world and this comic only makes me ready for more!

Here’s my question: I’m interested if we’re going to see any cool new creative ways for Superman to use his powers to defeat enemies?

4 Likes

Is there any chance that well see Tenth Metal in this run? :smiley:

3 Likes

Were there any canceled plans for Shazam/Billy Batson in Dark Crisis? I recall there being hints that Billy having memories of past continuities and his differing personalities/beliefs from said continuities being something that would be brought up.

2 Likes

With regards to the Introduction of Marilyn Moonlight, how long has this character been in the cards? She has such a cool design and seems to have a cool past. Will that story expand quickly or will her story be a little more of a slow burn?

5 Likes

Hi Joshua,

My question is personally what is your take on Bruce as a father, Do you think he’s a good father or a bad father? I think he’s neither, I say he’s decent.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @Shawndorman, @swnbv, @justin.lumbard69.66039, @SeaDobby, and @iwasneverhereatall and welcome back to the community @straybe11e and @andrewkekich.36165! :fireworks: Please feel free to let the moderator team know if you need anything!

5 Likes

Have you ever thought of giving Krypto a villain of his own? I’m a big super pets fan. Would love to see them used more.

3 Likes

Welcome back to the community, friendo! Great question, Super-Pets really are awesome

3 Likes

Hi Josh,

I loved your work on Dark Crisis and am currently enjoying Superman. Do you have any plans for the Supermobile or Maxima?

Thanks,

Vince

5 Likes

Big fan of your work, Josh. Two questions:

1. Will a new Suicide Squad book be a part of the Dawn of DC initiative? I miss Deadshot, Boomerang and Harley!

2. With your knowledge on Green Arrow history. Will we see more of the obscure villains like Rainbow Archer, Leapo the Clown & Red Dart, etc etc?

5 Likes

Welcome welcome @mcmillansah.94671 and welcome back @vince.gattuso.37133! Hope you’re well and finding everything you need on our wonderful forums :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello Joshua! Read Superman #1 courtesy of Ultra, and love it! Greatly looking forward to the next issues!

You’re a writer who’s done a ton for DC this past few years, and even going back to Rebirth with your Flash run. Undoubtedly, you’ve left your influence on many characters, such as Robin, Deathstroke, and even being trusted to reassemble the Green Arrow family after so many years. But your biggest influence by far has been with the Flash, being treated as the definitive Barry run by many, and felt with the CW show adapting many of your characters.

Now, you’re tackling the main Superman title during this resurgence of the character. How are you hoping to leave your influence on Superman, given this is an ongoing that seems to be going for the long run?

Thank you for the Q&A, both to Joshua and to the forum moderators here!

6 Likes