Joshua Williamson Q&A and Exclusive Giveaway!

April is upon us, which means it’s for another DC Creator Q&A announcement–plus a new exclusive giveaway!

Joining us this month for Episode 3 of the DC Creator Q&A Series is another amazing DC Comics talent–Joshua Williamson! As a key creator within the Dawn of DC timeline, Joshua will be diving into your burning questions as gives the DC Community some insight into his work on the current Superman run and beyond. Submit your questions from now through April 9 and keep your eyes peeled for when the video Q&A releases on April 26!

Want a chance to win a signed copy of Superman #1?

Like with every month in the DC Community, this DC Creator Q&A will feature an exclusive giveaway! For this episode of the series, we’re giving away a copy of Superman #1 signed by Joshua Williamson himself! All you have to do to enter is submit a question in this Q&A thread between April 3 and April 9 for Joshua to answer, and you’ll be entered to win that month’s signed book…it’s that easy! The winner will be selected at random when the Q&A releases on April 26, and every eligible person who participates will receive one entry into the giveaway–as always, please limit your questions for Joshua to just one, so that he can answer as many as possible!

Terms Apply. Foreligibility requirements, full rules, and details on the Creator Q&A Giveaway, please visit: this page.

Get hyped for Episode 3 of the DC Creator Q&A! Remember: get those questions in from now through April 9 for your chance to win a signed copy of Superman #1, and keep your eyes peeled for this episode to drop on April 26!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER/WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Open only to legal residents of the 50 US or D.C. who are 18 or older. This DC Universe Infinite Community Giveaway (“DCUICG”) begins 04/03/23 at 10:00:00 a.m. PT and ends 04/09/23 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT. Prize for this DCUICG: Superman #1 signed by Joshua Williamson. ARV of this DCUICG Prize: $3.99. Click here to view complete Official Rules, including ALL methods of entry, restrictions and extended Prize details. Odds of winning depend on # of Entries received for this specific DCUICG. Entry into this specific DCUI Community Giveaway does not result in an Entry into any other DCUICG, Sweepstakes or Contests. Sponsored and Administered by DC Comics, 4000 Warner Blvd., Burbank, CA 91522.
21 Likes

Hey! How do you expect Superman to evolve over the course of Dawn of DC? Do you any ideas?

8 Likes

In your eyes, what is the most exciting or interesting development you’re covering in this series?

11 Likes

Hello Joshua,
Will we be seeing more of Superman’s villains like Metallo, Parasite & Mr. Mxyzptlk? Looking forward to reading the series! :smiley:

9 Likes

JOSH! I’m really loving the Superman book so far. It has an amazing refreshing energy to it with a unique, compelling take on the Superman and Lex dynamic.

But I don’t want to ask you about that. I want to ask you about my favorite martial artist, Lady Shiva. Last we saw her in your Robin series, she had skipped out on the Lazarus Tournament only to tease her involvement in a much cooler, much more intense tournament, and invited Lazarus Tourney champ Connor Hawke to sign up. Where is that storyline headed? Is this something waiting for us in your Green Arrow?

11 Likes

Will there be any villains we will be surprised to see in this run?

8 Likes

What makes your version of Superman different from the dozens of other Superman versions that have already been published?

5 Likes

Joshua, over the past few years you’ve delivered a huge quantity of quality monthly books for both DC and your creator-owned titles. Can you share what your writing process is like each day and how you manage to deliver so many pages to us month in and month out?

7 Likes

Hello Joshua and thank you for taking the time to do this.

First: I can’t gush enough about how much I love what you and Jamal Campbell are doing with Superman. We’re only two issues in, but the pace is brisk, the characterization spot on, and the art, oh my God the art, is just gorgeous.

Second, my question: Supes got his secret identity back through memory wipe shenanigans orchestrated by Lex that affected the whole world, with potentially lethal effects to those that find out the secret. Will we see ramifications of this going forward? What if someone saw Clark changing in a back alley or something? Do they almost die like Perry White almost did? Is Clark not mad that people’s minds have been manipulated that way? Just curious whether this will be explored further, or if it just stops with the change in the status quo.

Sorry, long question.

9 Likes

Hey Joshua!

Hope you’re doing well.

You’ve done an incredible job at bringing fresh and thoughtful stories to so many legendary characters within the DC roster and your range in those stories is so impressive. I’d love to know whether it’s intimidating to take on characters like Superman or if you just trust your story/team around you enough to blaze through? Does your answer to that affect what kind of stories you choose to tell?

4 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.

When the first issue was released, I and many fans online were surprised by the reveal of Supercorp as the new name of Lexcorp, as Supercorp has been in use for years by many fans who wanted to see Supergirl and Lena Luthor become a couple on the CW show. Were you aware of the Supercorp fandom before this issue came out, and if so, did it have any impact on how you handled that aspect of the book going forward?

6 Likes

:wave: Hello thanks for stopping by

A lot of great questions here.
I think I’ll do fun one.
If you had Superman’s powers for a day what would you do?

5 Likes

Can you give us some examples of prior Superman arcs/series that you’ve based your characterization of Clark off of? One of my favorite things about comics is seeing how past works influence new stories.

Also, I’m really excited to read your upcoming Green Arrow mini!

5 Likes

Love this question!

3 Likes

Hey Josh! I LOVE how you and Jamal have managed to perfectly capture the essence of Superman and his world. How do you plan going forward to balance that core of Superman you’ve achieved with the new ideas and directions you are bringing to the series and its characters?

4 Likes

Hi Joshua! I want to ask if you have a favorite Superman TV series?

3 Likes

What do you hope to show to the world in this series that hasn’t been done in the previous Superman comics?

4 Likes

Josh! I am in love with this run so far and your work! My question is, what does Superman mean to you ? and what went into creating your Superman?

5 Likes

Hi! Assuming this series goes on for a long time. Who is your favourite character that crosses over in your run or who would you like your series to have a story with?

4 Likes

Hi Joshua,
As a fan of moments where characters talk rather than just fight, I’ve noticed some of my favorite moments from your series tend to be just that, ie. Batman/Superman, Robin and most recently your Superman. How do you manage what the audience expects of these characters, what you want and what the story needs in order to craft well rounded conversations that end up feeling like the centerpiece to your issues and at times, the entire arc.

4 Likes