Joshua Williamson Q&A and Exclusive Giveaway!

Hi Joshua,
First issue was great! What do you feel can be done to flesh out Metropolis and it’s denizens to make it feel more like a living place?

5 Likes

Hi, Joshua. I am looking forward to the new Green Arrow series, which I have a question.

Will there be an explanation why the Titans are not helping Roy find Lian? I know that the focus is on Green Arrow and the rest of the Arrow fam, but the Titans are just as integral to Roy and Lian Harper’s history and development as characters and to have them not be a part of their reunion feels wrong.

5 Likes

Happy birthday @alh85.22288!!

3 Likes

This is a great question–and hey, welcome to the community! :smiley:

2 Likes

Do you see the ideas about Superman, Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, etc as developed in the masterful novels and comics of Elliot S. Maggin (particularly Miracle Monday and The Last Son of Krypton) having a chance at showing up in your run of Superman! Really enjoying the first couple of issues!

5 Likes

Thank you for your work on so many great stories and books! Also, congrats on the Batman and Robin announcement — exciting!

Here’s my question… What do you think Superman views as the biggest challenge he faces in helping the world become a better place? My guess is that it’s not Luthor or Parasite, but instead something that can’t be traditionally “fought”. Would love to hear your thoughts on this, and hope concepts like this can be explored in the future.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi Josh! I’ve really enjoyed your books (still waiting on Flash by Joshua Williamson Omnibus Vol 1) and Superman is off to a great start. It’s exciting to see multiple Superman titles ongoing at the same time. What elements of Superman mythology do you hope to modernize for a 2023 audience?

5 Likes

What, if any, current issues in the world would you incorporate into a few issues that Superman could shed some light on? Would love to see a Green Lantern team up.

5 Likes

Will Lex Luthor Have An Influence On Superman Down The Line Making Superman Sometimes Having To Look At The Situation From A Lex Luthor Point Of View

4 Likes

hi joshua i hope you’re doing well i’m a big fan of your works!! my question was this can we see catwoman in your superman run? lois and selina have so much fun times together in tom king’s batman run and i love their friendship. maybe we can see a little moment from them i hope? :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Hey Joshua! I gotta say I’m a big fan of your work; I loved the first issue of your Superman and I’m looking forward to picking up #2.

This may be off-topic, but as a Red Hood fan I feel the need to ask: How do you feel about him being paired with Rose Wilson? I don’t want to read into things too much, but I’ve enjoyed the flirting they’ve done in some of your work and I can’t help but hold onto hope that, seeing as you are an architect of the DCU moving forward, there’s a future for this ship.

Thank you for your amazing work, your Robin run was one of my favorite ongoing books of the past decade and I can’t wait for Brave and the Bold. Best Wishes from Central City.

4 Likes

What do you think is the defining attribute to maintain in any modern iteration of Superman?

4 Likes

Hello, were there any previous runs on Superman, or any other character, that have had an influence on your current series?

4 Likes

Will any of the Robin 2021 supporting characters make appearances in Batman & Robin?

6 Likes

What steps did you take in crafting this narrative? Like what was your creative process.

4 Likes

What not ‘big-name’ character would you want to write to expand on their mithos?

4 Likes

Hi Josh,
Do you have plans to stay on Superman long enough for an Omnibus collection? If not can you change your plans? Thanks! Keep up the awesome work!

5 Likes

Hey Josh!
What aspect of Superman were you most looking forward to writing?

4 Likes

Great question–and happy birthday!

4 Likes

Hey Josh! What do you think defines Superman’s relationship with Metropolis? Gotham over in Batman has often been compared to a living entity. It’s a city that is almost downright Lovecraftian in how it seems to be alive, how it seems to manipulate people towards madness. Sometimes it seems to help Batman and other time Gotham seems to be Batman’s ultimate foe. Do you think Metropolis is similarly alive? Is it something that Superman is in conflict with or allied with?

4 Likes