Joker's New Girlfriend Punchline šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

I donā€™t know, I feel like Punchline is a much better route to take if they want to keep the ā€œJokerā€™s girlfriendā€ angle than the more derivative idea of there being multiple Harley Quinnā€™s. I donā€™t doubt that she and Harley will meet at some point, and Iā€™m hopeful that it will be an interesting interaction and not just a quippy catfight between two clown-themed characters.

If nothing else, introducing Punchline highlights Jokerā€™s ability to manipulate these women, as well as Harleyā€™s character growth.

3 Likes

I believe she is being introduced in Tynionā€™s run.

definitely sexier

To be honest, they want to separate joker and Harley but now they have an empty space so now theyā€™re going to introduce a new character thatā€™s just going to be a replacement for Harley, I donā€™t have an issue with it but I canā€™t fully make a opinion without seeing what her character is going to be like.

4 Likes

all I am seeing is a limited series showdown between her and Harley that I wonā€™t buy,

2 Likes

Harley Quinn went solo way back in the 01-03 Harley Quinn comic run, so Iā€™m not sure where youā€™re getting this idea that her leaving Joker is the result of DC pandering to an audience that only knows her through Suicide Squad.

Personally, Iā€™m not a fan of Joker having a girlfriend, or any sort of right-hand henchman. Joker isnā€™t the type of villain who builds a stable organization like Penguin. Joker is a raving psychopath who uses henchmen as a disposable commodity. Of course I appreciate that we got Harley, but I think it only makes sense that she became a solo act (otherwise she would most likely eventually end up dead). And I hope they do something interesting with Punchline, but I think theyā€™d have to really come up with something creative to sell the idea of Joker getting a new girlfriend while also differentiating her from Harley.

7 Likes

Harley was introduced in 1993, and her first solo run was actually in the 2000-2004, which was waaaaay before the Suicide Squad movie. The new 52 Suicide Squad/New Suicide Squad (2012-2016) also showed Harley breaking up with Joker. And the New 52 Harley Quinn (2014-2017) series starts with Joker trying to blow up Harley post-break up. Harley left the Joker a long time ago, itā€™s nothing new, and itā€™s definitely due to pandering to an audience who only knows Suicide Squad. You say DCā€™s pandering to people who donā€™t even read the comics, but it seems like youā€™re the one who has some reading to catch up on.

4 Likes

Kind of reminds of if Zatanna became the clown princess of crime.

2 Likes

What if punchline was working undercover for batman to keep tabs on the jokerā€‹:exploding_head::exploding_head:

6 Likes

What movie?

idk I feel like the way theyā€™ve developed Harleyā€™s character sheā€™ll sympathize with punchline rather than hate her and try to help her

2 Likes

I really hope if they do encounter one another, Harley doesnā€™t hold anything against her. If sheā€™s jealous or whatever, it kind of takes away from her liberated/ā€œover Mistah Jā€ image.

6 Likes

I like the idea of the Joker getting a new girlfriend Harley Quinn is totally overrated

2 Likes

I was about to say Batwoman but quickly remembered they are indeed cousins. Maybe some new Batwoman?

Abomination? We barely even know this character or what sheā€™s about. How about you save your moral outrage for when she makes more appearances, has a dialogue and backstory instead of trashing her design. The dudeā€™s been doing awesome for almost 80 years and who obviously does his best work when heā€™s solo and same can definitely be said for Harley, whose leagues happier without him holding her back. Harley never left the main comics? She has her own comicbook series and has been involved in a lot of crossover events over the years. If you think their relationship is iconic and works because both are batshit, you obviously havenā€™t read enough of the comics because the only thing they are known for is being the poster couple of domestic violence at Harleyā€™s expense. BTW, Harley has been known for being an anti-hero since ā€œHarleyquinnaideā€ of BTAS, sheā€™s like Catwoman as both switch between the roles and have been for years now. Which begs the question, why do you think the Joker or Harley need each other or to be in any relationship to be relevant, threatening and more fulfilled? Besides, Harley would probably feel more sorry for the woman than anything else as no matter how much she may be forced to kick her ass if provoked, no ass-whoppinā€™ will level Jokerā€™s when Punchline eventually crosses him like Harley did. Kinda hoping that this new beau is treated as Jokerā€™s equal but knowing the Joker, itā€™s just probably gonna be JokerHarley 2.0 as he allows no one to be in the spotlight except himself or doesnā€™t give a crap about anyone except Batman.

5 Likes

Wow

1 Like

I really like this character design. Iā€™ve really liked everything theyā€™ve had Harley go through since her and Mister J split, and I think him having a new knockoff girlfriend to replace her could be a really interesting conflict to see her dealing with.

3 Likes

At least itā€™s not the daughter anymore.

1 Like

I just want to see the banter between the Ex (Harley Quinn) and the Nex (Punchline) where No matter what Harley would try to tell her about the Joker, Punchline would continue her delusion of "donā€™t change, just go along with it. " I believe that THATā€™S the "punchline of Jokerā€™s new Joke. " "The Harliquinn does not get the Punchlineā€¦ "

4 Likes

First of all, chillā€¦ This kind of move that Joker made is actually realistic. Harley moves on from himā€¦ Excellent, she needs better. Joker finds a new girlfriend who he can possibly treat the same way he did Harley (many Domestic Violence abusers tend to keep the same formula but change spouses) with that woman knowing none the wiser. As far as punchline knows, Joker is just a funny man who can dress and perform villany, little does she know heā€™s actually abusive. This actually happens in real life with people constantly being dropped from relationships because anyone they are with are tired of being with them. So, yeah itā€™s not pandering to anyoneā€¦ Itā€™s moreorless showing the different stages of domestic violence (which was the jist of Harley Quinnā€™s backstory with the Joker) and moving on from a domesticly violent relationship is a part of that process, whether you like that premise or not.

4 Likes