It looks like Jared Leto’s Joker movie is scrapped..thoughts?

Let’s be honest, Leto’s performance as the Joker was, to say the least, divisive. Still he was supposed to have at least 2 more turns, one as a solo Joker project, and another in some weird sounding Harley/Joker rom com(:face_vomiting:). It’s no surprise to lose the latter, but is anyone really broken up to see the Leto Joker movie dissipating before our eyes?

3 Likes

Is it official or you’re just assuming? I’m disappointed if true.

I want Lego given another chance to shine with a bigger role

1 Like

I’ve read a few articles that are trending that direction, but admittedly I haven’t seen any “official” ruling. But with Leto now working as Morbius on the upcoming Marvel film, you’ve gotta think the writings on the wall…

Honestly I wasnt the biggest fan of his joker but I always thought they were going to throw in some twist like the Jason Todd theory were in a twist to death in the family Jason kills the original Joker and is driven mad because of it. It was vaguely hinted at alot and I would have liked to have seen that.

3 Likes

Almost 3 years later and no word of him reprising the role. He’s done. Called it about Affleck. Leto and Cavill will follow.

1 Like

I would have hated that twist

1 Like

He is gone. Trust me. Nobody liked him, and if they did it is small percent and that equals poor box office.

This new Joker there gonna like him, but the Joker train will only last so long with him.

2 Likes

Joker has not been canned.

3 Likes

@Applejack if you are referring to the Jared Let Joker movie , I believe I read the same thing too. Outside of the Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie I don’t think any others are being made

2 Likes

Ooooh yeeeah! I WAS referring to Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker movie. Thanks, @RagdollRebel :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:Carry on…

1 Like

I really liked Leto’s Joker in suicide squad and would like to see him as the joker again.

2 Likes

@Applejack I do thank u for chiming in though, as I am often wrong :joy:

Thank u, next. He wasn’t scary, not the right role for him.

2 Likes

The more I think about no more Leto Joker, the more it makes me kinda sad. I hated his look but was into his performance and felt he really needed to shine more with a bigger role and being the main villain.

I assumed he would return for suicide squad 2 and maybe at least cameo in The Batman but yeah I doubt it too. I thought his solo film with Harley was still a given because of Margot Robbie being involed.

Phoenix is non dceu cannon and so DCEU Joker on hold like supes suck

1 Like

@TX85 he may yet return for SS2, no real word on that. Perhaps in some small role(even smaller than the first one). IDK how they’d tell that story without him, but stranger things have happened.

True

1 Like

There is no need to keep Leto as the Joker. To me he looked like someone’s prison b**** in the joint with makeup on.

2 Likes

@chumly, yes, Leto was indeed a great Joker :+1:

2 Likes

I wasn’t a fan to be honest. The look they were going for did not sit well with me. And it wasn’t the right movie for him IMO. They should have just held off on Joker for a while. Harley Quinn’s presence in Suicide Squad could have just been a cool nod to Joker’s existence with brief mentions of how she came to be. But then he would later appear in a future film.

3 Likes

Fine by me if JL is done with the role. I liked him well enough as Joker but I wasn’t really interested in seeing his Joker as the lead of a movie (of course I would’ve seen said movie if it did materialize).

I am interested in Joaquin Phoenix as Joker. I’ve just seen more of his filmography than Leto’s though, so maybe that’s why.

3 Likes