ISN'T ANYONE ANGRY ON OUR NEW BATMAN ?

@Dr.Doom
All the complaints I’ve heard have had to do with prejudices against the actor either from Twilight or Harry Potter. Maybe I inferred something wrong, but I would like to know what you think the complaints are about.

2 Likes

@Dr.Doom I’ve seen multiple people against him bring up Twilight. And a lot of the people who don’t directly bring up Twilight often don’t bring up a reason they dislike it all (look at this post for example), so it’s not crazy to assume that they don’t like him because of his bad reputation as an actor, which comes from Twilight. So a lot of the people who don’t mention Twilight are probably thinking of Twilight when they complain unless they offer another reason.

1 Like

That is presumptuous but ok. Personally twilight has nothing to do with why I don’t want him to be Batman. I don’t like the reboot that’s not a reboot thing I really loved how DC was going before all the soft reboot stuff. And honestly I do think there’s actors that could fill out Batman better than Pattinson. Just to clarify on my end. Team twilight is just a joke brought up by Pattinson fans that I happen to think is funny. That’s all.

1 Like

At first I was nervous about him playing Batman, but I’m kinda excited to see his portrayal

1 Like

@Dr.Doom
Yea, sorry, I realized you were making a joke about calling people twilight fans after I made that post. I laughed pretty hard after the fact

1 Like

I’d check out Cosmopolis to see Pattinson playing a billionaire in a Cronenberg movie before criticizing his Twilight performance. What could anybody have done in that circumstance? At least he was able to launch an acting career instead of it ruining his reputation forever.

It’s an even worse choice than Ben Affleck. And THAT is a statement in itself. They just cannot get it right. They need to clean house and fire every single person in the whole live-action department. It’s been a cesspool for too long now. It’s an awful choice. Utterly awful… I know I won’t be seeing the next Batman film.

1 Like

I’m excited for the new Batman. He was just in a black and white horror movie called “Lighthouse” and the reviews for the acting was off the charts. Take a look at some screenshots. He looks dark enough.

1 Like

No great choice. Some of u guys have to broaden your horizons…

Angry? No — relax, it’s a CBM and Reeves obviously saw something in Pattinson to choose him.

I was the first person to say WTF when Ben was cast and he did amazing. There’s always backlash when someone is cast people need to chill and wait to see more. Let’s wait to see what the suit looks like then we can all grab our pitchforks and torches but till then everyone should just bite their tongue.

1 Like

Yeah, people aren’t too smart to base Pattinson’s acting skills on one franchise alone - though he did well in Twilight movies.

He’s older now and like I said before, he did amazing in The Lost City Of Z and other movies now. He has talent, Twilight is just one of those franchises that will always be remembered, shouldn’t define him though.

4 Likes

This is the dumb stuff I’m talking about. Fans are so toxoc, complainsent and stupid. This is the same trash debate with every Batman casting including Bale. I can remember everyone trashing Bale, Affleck, too young to remember Keaton; but him too. After the first photo or trailer, all of you will have sudden amnesia and act like you were on board from jump. I hope Rob knocks it out the park.

1 Like

Like others, I’ve never seen Twilight so I am not bothered by this casting. It seems to be the ONLY reason people are upset is because he was in Twilight. If I remember correctly, people didnt like Twilight because it wasnt close enough to the book series I remember hearing Kristen Stewart played the main character blandly, a bunch of people proclaiming “team vampire” or “team werewolf” or the occasional “team supernatural 3-way”, a bunch of discussions about whether or not the actors were attractive enough to play there literary counter parts… I dont ever recall hearing that it was all because of Robert Pattinson being a terrible actor.

Bale wasn’t a good Bruce or Batman though.

Don’t get me wrong, Bale has great acting chops but his Bruce Wayne had an annoying lisp and his Batman was constipated. He was trying a bit TOO hard (apparently lol).

Bale’s best act will always be Little Women followed by American Psycho.

Affleck was a great Bruce and a great Batman as well. His interactions showcased this, he was believable.

3 Likes

He could do a good job. I’m not completely against Robert. However, I’m still going to enjoy the memes that come from this. lol

1 Like

Yes, because this is the first time DC has ever cast someone the fans called a horrible choice and later on called the greatest casting ever…

3 Likes

How can I be angry at it? Twilight was never FOR me, so I never watched it. Let’s pretend for a second, that I did. Let’s pretend I couldn’t stand it for all of the reasons that mouthy trolls couldn’t stand it then? Am I really going to blame an actor, doing a job? Nope. Even if I didn’t care for his acting AT THE TIME, how can I know that it wasn’t just bad direction, or that he hasn’t grown as an actor since?

I understand that some fans have baggage for certain actors, and that can be detrimental to a film’s success, but I’ve also seen an actor’s performance overcome that baggage. See Batfleck for an example. Even if he doesn’t do a good job though, we still get Iain Glen in Titans, and I hope that becomes cannon for the rest of the Berlantiverse (since we won’t be able to call it the Arrowverse for much longer). So in all, it is going to be a good time to be a DC fan.

I really hope we can get the DCU TV and CWTV shows connected, even if it’s briefly for the Crisis.

3 Likes

If this British guy can play a New York thug perfectly like he did in good time, he’s going to be decent. My problem is I don’t know if he’s an action actor. He can do drama, but can he do action?

1 Like

You know, people said the same things about Ben Affleck…and now here they are begging for him to come back.

Just a suggestion: maybe don’t judge until you’ve, i don’t know, ACTUALLY SEEN the performance.

1 Like