International Women's Month Celebration--Who Are Your Favorite Female DC Characters?

I would have never known Batgirl was one of your favorite characters… :wink:

9 Likes

Actually they are all pretty amazing to me, but over the years the following runs have stood out to me, as have all their female heroes.
Black Canary and Zatanna: Bloodspell by Paul Zini
Birds of Prey by Duane Swiecynski
Supergirl: Being Super by Mariko Tamaki
Batgirl: The Darkest Reflection by Gail Simone

Individually, I’d add
Power Girl
Huntress
Valda
Vixen
Star Girl
Triplicate Girl/ Duo Damsel
Phantom Girl
Jenny Sparks
Wonder Woman
Raven
Donna Troy
Starfire
Jessica Cruz
And Last but never least Death

10 Likes

Barbara Gordon (Batgirl/Oracle). Really, she’s my favorite comic book character overall.

Other top female DC characters: Wonder Woman, Star Sapphire, Mera, Big Barda, Black Canary, and Linda Park.

6 Likes

:smile:

7 Likes

Woot-woot! :fist_right: :fist_left: You’re awesome @c02goddess.16092. :hugs:
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1:

:+1:

8 Likes

Lois Lane. No powers needed to be a hero.

8 Likes

She is super amazing.

8 Likes

Do the Birds of Prey count? While I love them all individually, it’s way more fun to see Oracle, Huntress, Black Canary, and Lady Blackhawk working together as a team.

7 Likes

8 Likes

Gotta shout out one of my absolute favorite female characters ever, Lena Luthor from the Arrowverse. I was just so completely invested in her journey to do good all while fighting against her traumatic upbringing and villainous family influences. She certainly stumbled at times, but her ability to recognize her mistakes and atone for them all while doing more and more good for the world was incredibly inspiring. She was easily my favorite character on Supergirl and Katie McGrath gave some amazing performances to bring her to life like nobody else could. I really hope future iterations of the character take inspiration from her. It would only make sense since she’s definitely become the definitive version of Lena :heart: :blue_heart:

spg201a_0042b

3dbb19913991d2834137df11796ba68f67d4986er1-300-300_00

7 Likes

Great picks

6 Likes

All the Oracle/Batgirl, Black Canary, and Huntress respect in this thread warms my heart!

7 Likes

Batwoman
Zatanna
Raven
Stephanie Brown
Starfire
Rose Wilson
Black Canary
Stargirl
Katana
Jessica Cruz

7 Likes

10 Likes

Alright, I intended to post this on Wednesday, but it turns out there’s no DCUI in Jamaica:
Wonder Woman (Diana of Themyscira)
Lois Lane
White Canary (Sara Lance)
Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)
Green Lantern (Jo Mullein)
Oracle (Barbara Gordon)
Delirium of the Endless

6 Likes

I’ll back up all the mentions of Mera. Clark and Lois are great, but I always considered Arthur and Mera to be my favorite DC couple. Like C&L, they treat each other entirely as equals but no one brings the fight like Mera. I especially enjoyed the Red Lantern version. Give me more of that!

Also, can we please talk about how awesome Bombshells is?

6 Likes

#SuperCorpEternal :+1: :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Which female character had the best written solo series?

Easily Supergirl Linda Danvers by Peter David. No other female character was written by someone as talented as Peter David who by the way wrote 300 issues of the Incredible Hulk which is crazy successful.

Fun fact: Peter David’s Supergirl is the most succesful gender swap Superhero series reaching 80 issues, 7 aboove 2nd place which is Cassandra Cain Batgirl.

5 Likes

Didn’t know that, but did really enjoy that series.

5 Likes

Good tastes

4 Likes