International Women's Month Celebration--Who Are Your Favorite Female DC Characters?

March is here, which means it’s officially International Women’s Month!

With such a rich history of incredible women, DC Comics is always excited to shine a spotlight on our awesome cast of female characters. But since International Women’s Month is upon us, we’d like to spend some time hearing from you!

Who are your favorite female DC Characters? What are your favorite DC stories that feature women? Let us know in the thread below–and happy International Women’s Month!

18 Likes

Whewf, I got too many to name. I’ll be babbling in this thread all month long.

To start? Rocket is, of course, absolutely AMAZING. Total boss behavior, born to be a revolutionist. Like Static, she was forced to sort of “grow up” quickly due to the circumstances of her environment — but I like that we also continually get to see these instances of her being a kid with a lot to learn about how the world works. It’s both humbling and an opportunity for her to sort of “master” these concepts, so to speak, and find new ways to push the world forward.

Also a big shoutout to my Doom Patrol girls, Rita and Jane! I think those two characters were just BLOWN UP AND OUT by their respective actresses. Both have given their roles sooooooo much depth and unique characterization on-screen. I’ll never be able to detach them from those characters because they both just. COMPLETELY embody everything it means to be these powered women.

10 Likes

I can’t list all of them as it might crash the Community, but here are some of my favs:
Catwoman

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

Zatanna
Zatanna box
And, of course, Jessica…

11 Likes

I’ve always liked Jessica Cruz a lot since she was introduced. She’s a Green Lantern, which is enough to make me like her. But what I really like is how the willpower that earned her a ring came from overcoming fear and anxiety, which makes her a whole lot more relatable to me. Not everyone will need to overcome fear in the same way that Hal or John would, but everyone has to deal with anxiety to some degree.

13 Likes

Great picks!

8 Likes

It’s always something I liked about Jessica too. I don’t know how many of my friends have had to deal with anxiety.

9 Likes

A few:

Zatanna Zatara

Cassandra Wayne (Batgirl)

Helena Wayne (Robin/Huntress/Batman)

Cheshire and Artimis

Harper Row (Blue Bird)

Leslie Thompkins

Renee Montoya (The Question II)

9 Likes

I totally forgot Oracle! Forgive me!

I’ll also throw Nora Fries into the list,

7 Likes

There’s actually a lot of them. :smile:

I’m not kidding I’ve been trying for a couple of hours to pick some out.

Helena Wayne
Jessica Cruz
Vixen
Black Canary
Cassandra cain

These are my top choices so far.

But there is also fairly obscure ones and even some anti-heroes in the list.

Enchantress
Princess Amethyst
Maxima
Cindy Reynolds “Gypsy”
Lady Shiva
Madame Xanadu
Fairchild

God I could go on, it’s something that is a too good of a topic to list them all.

8 Likes

There are a l o t I could list, but some of my favorite DC ladies are:
Stephanie Brown

Cassie Sandsmark

Poison Ivy

and Taylor Barzelay

8 Likes

10 Likes

A lot of my favorite characters are female characters!

Batgirl (all three)
Harley
Raven
Zatanna
Wonder Woman
Supergirl
Ivy
Catwoman
Black canary
Starfire
Huntress
Mary marvel

There’s a lot more but those were the ones I can think of right now.

8 Likes

I had no idea you liked Green Lanterns.

9 Likes

Supergirl is awesome.

8 Likes

I think there are so many, but my top pick is all of the Batgirls, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Starfire, Artemis… the list could go on.

8 Likes

The Lovely Ladies of the Legion

10 Likes

Phantom Girl is my favorite.

8 Likes

Gotta love those funky bell bottoms.

8 Likes

Lois Lane

11 Likes

pulls out a ten-foot-long list

Do you want this alphabetical or chronological based on their comic book introduction year?

My goodness, where do I start! I think it’s quite obvious that Hawkwoman/Hawkgirl is one of my all-time favorites, but I’m also a big fan of Cheshire, Raven, Jinx, and Catwoman. I’m pretty sure most of my favorite DC characters happen to be female. :sweat_smile:

11 Likes