International Women's Month Celebration--Who Are Your Favorite Female DC Characters?

Miss Martain is my favorite Dc Woman Hero for a while. Both a mix of J’ohn being a favorite and young Justice introducing me to the character are probably the reason for such but was really cool learning more about her comic wise as I got into comics.

Others are
Cassandra Cain
Dreamer
Jayna (Wonder Twins)
Poison Ivy
Catwoman
Supergirl
Powergirl
Atremis (Amazon)
Batgirl (Babs)
Starfire
Raven
Zatanna
Abby Arcane
And many more awesome™:+1: characters.

As for stories. Off the top of my head Harley Quinn rebirth was great. Especially the trials of Harley Quinn saga. Also JLD Witching Hour was awesome™:+1:. (That entire run as well). There’s probably more but that I can think of at the moment :sweat_smile:.

9 Likes

I always love Miss Martian on Young Justice. Her design from the last season is easily the best one.
It’s unfortunate her comic book version is not as fascinating and has few to minimum appearances in current comics.

9 Likes

I don’t want a bullet point list so I’ma go with one…for now.

Talia

I always have felt that she is Batman/Bruce’s equal, not Selina. Granted, romantically I think Selina is probably better for him. :sweat_smile:
Part also stems from my bias and her father being an all-time favorite. I find it interesting that Ra’s is this kind of pulpy James Bond-esque villain who sees himself as something like Alexander The Great, Gengis Khan, etc. They could have gone there with Talia but they didn’t, she doesn’t. If tried, it just wouldn’t mesh. It would just be Ra’s…with boobs, lol. Granted, before she took over she did kinda come off like a Bond girl. Instead, she comes off as this modern day terrorist. I think Al Qaeda and all of that. Much more modern, where her father represented a more ancient world. Like, part of me feels she’s more ruthless than her father. Whereas Ra’s did have a sense of honor to him. I especially loved how in Rebirth, during the engagement period, she did approve of Selina, lol.

9 Likes

March hath 31 days, so here’s my top 31

1. Wonder Woman
  2. Batgirl (Babs)
  3. Supergirl
  4. Lois Lane
  5. Saturn Girl
  6. Helena Wayne
  7. Mary Marvel
  8. Zatanna
  9. Liberty Belle
  10. Vixen
  11. Cameron Chase
  12. Mera
  13. Stargirl
  14. Lana Lang
  15. Jesse Quick
  16. Martha Kent
  17. XS
  18. Silver St. Cloud
  19. Phantasm
  20. Phantom Girl
  21. Black Canary
  22. Donna Troy
  23. Isis (1970s)
  24. Phantom Lady
  25. Rene Montoya
  26. Cassie Sandsmark
  27. Wendy Harris
  28. Hawkgirl (JL animated)
  29. Hawkwoman (Silver Age)
  30. Rocket
  31. Jayna
8 Likes

Barbara Gordon (Batgirl), Courtney Whitmore (Stargirl), Lois Lane & Wonder Woman.

The Batman Adventures #12 is really the best all women story in my opinion, starring Batgirl, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn (First comic appearance) & Suprise guest.

Girls Night out is also a good episode from The New Batman Adventures as well.:smiley:

10 Likes

Jenny Sparks

1742687-zealot__54_
Zealot

zeehernandezcomics1
Zee Hernandez

9 Likes

A banner I made (with my limited skills) and posted to Facebook last year on International Women’s Day.

I pretty much kept it to characters from Super Friends (or from SF merch). Otherwise I would add other favorites…Raven, Princess Projectra, and new faves like Naomi and Jinny Hex.

10 Likes

Nice

8 Likes

That’s really cool, great job making it.:grinning:

8 Likes

Lot of great DC women. Jessica Cruz, Cassandra Cain, Oracle, Lois Lane… but the one I’m always most excited to see is Lady Shiva. That woman needs her own comic.

10 Likes

I really thought your top pick would be Jessica.

8 Likes

Definitely my favorite DC woman with superpowers, but overall the competition is tough.

10 Likes

11 Likes

I need to read more Amethyst comics! I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve read, which isn’t much.

9 Likes

Heroines
Selina kyle and Lois Lane

Ma Kent

Supergirl and Power Girl

Cassandra Cain
The rest of the batgirls

Helena Wayne

Helena Bertinelli

Judy Garrick

Villainess
Talia Head

Punchline

10 Likes

Related:

Inspired by the banner you created.

More good stuff:

9 Likes

Stargirl, Zatanna, Cyclone, and more that I can’t think of.

9 Likes

Y’all know who I roll with:

BG BG BG! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey:

The Starfire :00_teen_titans: :star: :fire:

Rae Rae :00_teen_titans: :0_raven:

HarlIvy #AlwaysTogether :00_harlivy: :00_harley_quinn: :ivy_kiss:

Selina Kyle :catwoman_hv_1: :catwoman_hv_1: :catwoman_hv_1:

Steph :00_batgirl_cass_cain:

Cass :00_batgirl_cass_cain:

Rose Wilson :00_teen_titans: :rose:

Helena Bertinelli :00_huntress1: :00_birds_of_prey:

Dinah Lance :00_black_canary: :00_birds_of_prey:

8 Likes

I do not believe you. I have never seen a single post from you indicating Batgirl is one of your favorites. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

:laughing: :smile:

8 Likes