I'm not enjoying Starman 1994

I recall liking Starman back in the day. But I binged it all, and when you do that, it’s easy to gloss over the pain points. So maybe that’s why I liked it.

Regardless, I don’t think there’s any denying, the author created actual characters. Starman’s unlike most comics which have stereotypical characters. And I remember, I absolutely loved the fact that the author didn’t shy away from including older characters and tying up really old plotlines. That was incredible, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Agreed. To this day Jack is one of my all time favorite characters. Robinson puts him through the wringer emotionally but he grows so much as a person.

To this day the Talking With David issue that ends with Jack seeing his mother gets me every time. The expression Tony Harris drew on Jack’s face makes me tear up.

3 Likes

Side Note: With my current work-from-home situation, my desk/laptop is set up next to one of my bookshelves and those Starman Omnibus editions are constantly in my field of vision. And at least 10x a day I look over and think “damn I wanna reread Starman.”

4 Likes

Love the omnibus editions!

2 Likes

My omnibus vol. 1 is signed by Robinson.

3 Likes

Nice!

I’ve got the zero issue signed by him. He’s a hell of a nice guy.

3 Likes

That’s one of the best I’ve ever read. Stick with it. Maybe it’s just not your thing tho. I will say there’s a ton of comics & movies I couldn’t get into. I always wait a bit & try again & almost every time I end up loving em.

1 Like

I might go back to it, but I really don’t like the idea of keeping doing something I don’t like

1 Like

I get it, but I couldn’t tell u how many times I’ve quit a movie or comic. Then went back later & it became a favorite. Happens all the time.

1 Like

Well…I’ve never read it. But after reading this thread this will be the next thing I read! I like almost everything so I’m sure it will be cool. Thanks

1 Like

Hopefully you’ll enjoy it since I can’t seem to do so