If you discovered a near mint Action #1 would you...

WOW it’s an 9.0… DAMN!

1 Like

@DeSade-acolyte: Ah, but I never said I’d sell it. I’d just use its inherent magical powers to claim Superman’s abilities for myself.

I’m like 57% certain that’s how that works.

4 Likes

I’m expecting everyone to be surprised, but the end result would be selling it. But where? Somewhere it would be loved and cared for a true piece of history-- but keep it? No. If I want to frame one on the wall, i’m sure I can find a limited collector’s edition reprint. If it’s right here, and anyway, I think I own one Comixology.

2 Likes

I’m sure Batjamags plans to be a benevolent Evil Ruler,

3 Likes

Actually BatJamas, you have to read it backwards and upside down to get the powers. Facts with Zatanna.

3 Likes

@Misfit :joy:

I swear, when I hit 'Post Comment" these forums EAT some of the words!

Batjamags-- why is that rabbit on that spit dressed like Captain Carrot?

2 Likes

Ya know speaking of Nic Cage, I think its a safe bet that he has an account here. He’s a life long comicbook fan and a diehard Superman fan. In those respects he’s one of us. Obviously he’s not going to out himself here, but Nic, by chance if you do read this all our hearts broke after learning what happened to your Action #1. Also the razzies are stupid… You sir, are the man. You’d made one helluva Superman.

Nicky’s a good guy.

3 Likes

@Behemoth.Ravenlord: Actually, Zatara the Magician debuted in Action Comics #1, so you’re not far off.

2 Likes

I would sell it. Then go to Vegas and put it all on black! If that doesn’t get me a gambler’s high, nothing will!

Ok not really, but I would totally sell it!

3 Likes

I like Superman…but I love my family. Of course I would sell it. Think of what that money could do for my wife & kids. Fringe benefit: all the other Superman/DC collectibles I can then afford to buy :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sell! sell! sell !

3 Likes

I’d sell it faster than a speeding bullet!

2 Likes

I’d sell. Invest at least 1,000,000 and spend a couple hundred thousand to open a comic store.

1 Like

I’d sell it. Look, it’s an amazing historical item, but I can literally read it anytime I want on this very site!

I’d love to have some comic covers to frame up on my wall, particularly that series of awesome Darwyn Cooke variants from 2015-ish , but that comic just isn’t worth the money I could use for my college tuition and my parent’s mortgage with a couple thousand to spare.

2 Likes

I’d sell it.

I already read the story here, and if I wanted to have the cover art for a decoration, buying an art print would be better.

1 Like

I would sell it in time, although most likely research the best means. And probably wait to do it until my first kid.

1 Like

I’d sell it so fast that Mr. “faster than a speeding bullet!” Himself would say “Now that’s fast!”.

There are reprints galore of this book. Better to sell the Real Deal and use the money to do some good with. Help out various charities, donate to other worthy causes, etc.

1 Like

I’d sell that puppy in a heartbeat, and I’m not in the habit of selling puppies.

Even knowing that was in my home would give me such anxiety. I’d constantly be worried about making sure it was in good condition and that it was safe. Heckins nawp, I don’t need any more anxiety, I’m all maxed out :joy:

1 Like