If you discovered a near mint Action #1 would you...

Sell it?

Personally I would and I’d do it in a heartbeat. Reasons being my family wouldn’t ever worry for want for the rest of their lives, also the pure anxiety that would come with owning such an item would be too much to bare.

8 Likes

Tear it apart.

Just kidding, I would probably keep it for sometime and enjoy it then sell it

3 Likes

No, I would hide it and horde it. It will be an heirloom to my house, and my children shall be named from such a book. Lol, jk.

2 Likes

Sell it. I can always read the digital version here!

3 Likes

I assume you were referring to selling it? I actually think that you have a good point. My initial thought would be to cherish it and display it, but now that I think of it, financial security is pretty good too lol. Also, it would probably be super (pun intended) terrifying to make sure you’re caring for it properly. And not to mention how expensive it would be to insure it too.

1 Like

I have to agree, I would hold it, stare at it a little but then sell it. It would be too great a chance to have a foundation for my family and especially my kids.

Sell it. I don’t need the original comic to enjoy the story and would definitely like the money it’s worth.

(I just saw the first line of the post, woops. I guess I answered my own question haha.)

2 Likes

@cnzspuk Yup even locked up in a safety deposit box with the best security I’d still constantly worry about theft, natural disasters etc etc. I’d throw that baby in a auction ASAP and collect my cool 3.5plus million dollars.

1 Like

Sell.
Then use a fraction of the money to buy the Golden Age Archives.

3 Likes

@LeonardMyst, Awesome answer!

2 Likes

Get in touch with Nic Cage and see how much of money he has left, sell it for whatever he has left and rolls in his next 10 movies.

5 Likes

@Wildstorn-Jeff I was waiting for someone to bring up the Nic Cage/Action #1 tragedy. But if memory serves I think that issues was rated around a 3.5. I could be mistaken.

1 Like

I would use my newfound power to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

2 Likes

Everybody, @BatJamags is a Super-Villian! :joy:

3 Likes

I’d try to sell it to a museum. I might miss out on half to a million, but I’d rather it be on display for people to see than stuck in some ultra rich SOBs private stash. (Reminds me to much of J Paul Getty)

2 Likes

@DCComicsCrisis Wait, I knew Nic Cage had a copy, but did something happen to it?

1 Like

@BatJamags
Even if you got 35 million for it, after taxes, you wouldn’t even have enough left to by a private island or a uranium enrichment facility. 3.5 million free an clear would only get you 1/100th of the infamous Snyder Cut.

2 Likes

@cnzspuk, Many years ago somebody robbed it from his mansion. They eventually caught the dirty thief but the copy had already re-entered circulation and had been bought and sold my a non related party…

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/nicolas-cage-superman-comic-record-2-million-sale-267770

2 Likes

I’d sell it. I’d share the money with family, expand my toy and lego collection, and pick a few graphic novels for reading purposes…like a maybe 500 of them.

2 Likes