If You Could Have One Storyline Made Into A Live-Action Movie True To Its Adaptation, What Would It Be?

If you could have one storline made into a live-action movie true to it’s adaptation, what would it be? This wouldn’t be attatched to any currently established movie universes unless you want it to be.

For me, I’d want Batman: Knightfall. I think a true adaptation of Knightfall would make an incredible movie, especially standalone. I’d also like to finally see an adaptation of Bane convey his incredible intelligence alongside his incredible strength. Bane is a genius and its a shame we’ve only seen him as just a mindless brute (outside of Arkham Origins)

9 Likes

Princes of Darkness

8 Likes

death in the family

8 Likes

For a movie probably Harleen, since that seems like it can be made into a movie without losing much

I’ve also been hoping for a while to see an adaptation of Black Mirror, but that may be better suited as a mini series.

5 Likes

Bruce Wayne: Fugitive

7 Likes

My dream live action adaptation would be Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti’s 2006 Jonah Hex comic. But if I can only pick one arc from it, I’d go with Six Gun War.

7 Likes

Welp, I almost kinda’ had this:

BGYear1

So, yeah- I’d really like for this to happen.
:00_batgirl1:

8 Likes

The Dark Knight Returns and Mask of the Phantasm would be awesome in live action.

9 Likes

Agreed.

YES. :raised_hands:
:00_harlivy: :00_harlivy: :00_harlivy:
:harleys_crew:

7 Likes

Would love to see Knightfall as a film but Nolan’s (mostly) been there. I wouldn’t mind seeing Knightfall adapted to animation. Def in two parts just like they did with TDKR. Would much rather the story be handled directly :00_dc_2016: in house animated style than another filmmaker coming along and shortening the story too much via their own interpretation of the material.

7 Likes

i think that it would be really interesting to do a live action adaptation of Punchline: the Trial of Alexis Kaye
PUNCHLINE: THE TRIAL OF ALEXIS KAYE | DC

3 Likes

Rip Batgirl :frowning:

3 Likes

Punchline is an underated character. It boils my blood when people say she and Quiz are just “Harley Quinn knockoffs”

4 Likes

:pleading_face:

3 Likes

Why cant they all be more close to the source material. Not exactly, just close. Answering your question, Court of Owls.

5 Likes

My dream would be a Green Lantern War of the Light epic containing Rebirth, Sinestro Corps War, and Blackest Night.

6 Likes

No Man’s Land. Never let it be said I’m unpredictable.

Mask of the Phantasm and Knightfall would also be really good.

Long Halloween was basically The Batman so mixed on that one.

Death of Superman would be amazing if and only if it is followed by Reign of the Supermen. Only reason that one doesn’t track much higher is because it is technically two movies and you only asked for one.

5 Likes

Not really, Dixon was (is) persona no grata at DC. If you want Batgirl : YO you better off with new blood taking over. Gunn has higher probability of making Dixonverse Bat-Family story than previous leadership.

4 Likes

I would enjoy seeing a faithful adaptation of the classic 1970s-1980s Ra’s Al Ghul stories by Denny O’Neil and Mike W. Barr.

(Now, if I could write the screenplay myself and make a few minor narrative tweaks, I would like to see Batman: Year Two in live action.)

11 Likes

I’d love to see Punchline utilized more, in live-action or otherwise!

3 Likes