If You Could Have One Storyline Made Into A Live-Action Movie True To Its Adaptation, What Would It Be?

The Dark Knight Rises would like a word

Bane

3 Likes

OMG YES. :+1: :raised_hands:

BTAS did a solid adaptation of this storyline, so yeah- it could stand alone as a film. Maybe we’ll get lucky and Reeves will make it the third installment in The Batman series. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Just what fans are begging for and the world needs: more bat w-word adaptations.

2 Likes

Blackest Night is honestly what got me so obsessed with GL

4 Likes

I knew I was forgetting the other!

4 Likes

As much as I love Tom Hardy’s Bane, I will say it’d be amazing to get a live-action version of the character w/ a similar sort of intelligence but who’s also Hispanic and has a more comic-accurate mask

5 Likes

For me it was Super Friends

4 Likes

Honestly, I loved the telltale design. Hispanic, Luchador mask, and prison tattoos.

4 Likes

Live-action adaptations of: “For The Man Who Has Everything”
“The Search for Mera”
“The Grear Darkness Saga”
“The Return of Barry Allen” (Not Flash Rebirth!)
and The Batman’s first encounter with “the clown prince of crime”–The Joker–directly adapted from Ed Brubaker and Doug Mahnke’s classic graphic novel.

4 Likes

Just read the comic…???

2 Likes

Exactly :grin:

2 Likes

The intent is to make it more mainstream, get more people interested in the comics. Also, film has a way of bringing stories to life that heavily differs from books.

3 Likes

I’ll go one further, and say that the series I would LOVE a comic-accurate movie adaptation of this lovely Jim Lee masterpiece:

3 Likes

I’ll pass on that one. I’ve already seen a “realistic” Ra’s Al Ghul, and that’s exactly the opposite direction from what I want to see. I want fantastical fun. I want swashbuckling action. I want sweeping melodrama, not (sigh) Nirvana.

5 Likes

So, the whole Lawrence Of Arabia meets James Bond storyline just like how O’Neil and Adams first presented it then? I can def dig it! :smiley: :+1:

5 Likes

The combination of Dark Knight Rises and the brilliant BBC radio drama of Knightfall satisfy me on that front (same with the audiobook of No Man’s Land and Dark Knight Rises).

What I want most is Batgirl: Stephanie Brown (probably a combination of Batgirl Rising, The Flood, and The Lesson).

Black Mirror as a miniseries would be amazing, too.

3 Likes

I haven’t checked that out, but the NML novel itself was quite rad and is among my favorite Greg Rucka DC gigs.

3 Likes

The audiobook is by Graphic Audio, and is fully acted, music, and sound effects, so is very close to a radio drama!