I did not like Batwoman.

@Mae
I suppose the better question what do you think of the show so far and, more importantly, why?

1 Like

I was glad to see magpie. If memory serves, the only other Batman tv/film she was ever in was Beware The Batman.

1 Like

I think I’ve posted on here a bunch of times that I’m loving the show and it’s a dream come true. Things can always be better and I’m sure just like any other series as the season goes on they will only improve. Hopefully this gets multiple seasons so once we get into season two, that’s when most shows shine. I mean, if it’s not for you, it’s not for you, but I love the Arrowverse shows unapologetically and they can do no wrong in my opinion. The Canaries spinoff? Yes, please. Superman & Lois? Sure.

2 Likes

Will it get picked up for a second season is the big question, especially since it won’t be on Netflix. My gut response says yes it will. It is the show to build/integrate the CWverse into HBOMAX. So TV ratings I’m not sure matter a huge amount since at least 1/3rd of CWVERSE eyeballs were coming via Netflix. If they hold around the 1-1.2 million they showed for episode 4, than I think that’s a string indicator it will get a second season. If they fall below 800k by the end, that’s where I think it could start to get dicey. And we don’t know how many people they are getting streaming it on the CW app. (Which thevseem to be pushing harder this year) Sunday is always a tough day ratings wise. It’s the end of the weekend, work/school the next day for a lot of people, during the fall you have to compete with the NFL, especially in the 8:00pm slot, even on pacific time.

But, I’m hoping it gets a second season. The fact that they bought the last 13 episodes shows they think they can find add revenue from it, so if it can even come close to paying for most of its production costs. I think it’ll get a second season.

Yeah I saw the premiere at NYCC I thought it was meh Gotham didn’t seem as timeless as I prefer it to be though to be fair I did only see the first episode

@DeSade-acolyte I can confirm

1 Like

Everyone knows the Ramones. They just don’t know they know the Ramones.

“Who are the Ramones?

Plays “Blitzkrieg Bop.”

“Oh, cool.”

The real trick is to play “Teenage Lobotomy” or “Sheena is a Punk Rocker.” and see if they know them then.

2 Likes

Hey,

Nice “Batwoman is a great show and I love it Unicorn.” I have one too.

Seriously. I’m loving the show. I can’t disagree that the pacing of the pilot was…a bit off, but wow it’s found its feet. The suit looks AMAZING with the red, can’t wait to see where the show goes. Shout out to Rachel Maddow as a Vesper Fairchild.

1 Like

Or “Now I wanna sniff some glue”.
Even better is to ask them does “Sitting here in Queens, Eating refried beans.” mean anything to you?

2 Likes

I’m with you, massively underwhelmed. she’s nothing like batwoman is in the comics, she doesn’t look like her, she doesn’t act like her and I have yet to see her shoot someone, one of the biggest bones of contention between her and Batman. I’ve been trying to give it a chance hoping it’s going to get better. I just can’t push myself through any more episodes though. It’s a major disappointment I love batwoman and she is not batwoman.

3 Likes

Exactly.

but my daughter loves it. My main complaint is that Batwoman keeps letting Alice go free only to return to crazy crimes and revenge. Pace needs to be picked up to keep me interested. My daughter also watches Riverdale so she is already familiar with Berlanti tropes and story telling which is why I think she enjoys it more than me. End of the day who am I to complain about the details of a Batwoman TV show? Never thought such a thing would exist.

I do wish production and acting was stronger. Kate’s step sister and mother seem like weak performances. I do enjoy the show though. I wish they would get her out of Batman’s shadow.

I watched one episode of Riverdale and couldn’t bring myself to watch anymore. But then I am not the target audience.

1 Like

Okay before we get started let me say there will be SPOILERS in this post so read on at your own discretion. I have watched Batwoman from the first episode to the latest one and there had been several false glimmers of hope. At first I thought Alice was a result of Beth Kane being found and raised by the Mad Hatter, I mean the whole Alice in Wonderland thing and all. That would have made the show a little more interesting, but no. Then in the third or fourth episode Alice has a nightmare where, as a child, she sees a face floating in a sink. I immediately assumed she had been taken and raised by Joker, you know how he’d had his face removed in the “Death of the Family” story arch. That would have made the series very interesting. But no. No, instead we learn that Beth Kane grew up to be a psychopath and domestic terrorist because she was forced to be a kids companion and read “Alice in Wonderland” a lot. I’m sorry but this was the final nail in the coffin. It isn’t just bad writing it’s lazy writing. I think I’m done with Batwoman. It is a real shame, the possibilities for this show were boundless, it’s too bad it was left to CW to work with it.

1 Like

There is a lot that is wrong with this post, but the biggest issue with it is that it completely downplays and dismisses the abuse and trauma that Beth went through.