I did not like Batwoman.

I thought it was okay, but unfortunately at this point Rose is a weak point in the show.

1 Like

Yeah didnā€™t really like I mean its fine might keep watching it

@msgtv
I concur. I was less than whelmed by Roseā€™s portrayal so far. It was flat. Some was the script of having to play the ā€œIā€™m hurting because of all this rejection, but I have to play it off that Iā€™m just way to cool to be hurt by all this rejection.ā€ Perhaps as the character develops more self confidence her performance will show it was well.

Thatā€™s why I found the Ramones t-shirt so telling and hilarious. It was such an obvious affectation.

2 Likes

Actually enjoyed the 1st episode, was much better than i was expecting, looking forward to episode 2 tonight

@Desadeā€¦I think itā€™s fair to say 70% of the people who wear Ramones shirts couldnt name a Ramones song. Credit to Arturo Vega for the awesome design I guess

1 Like

Youā€™re not alone. The series is tanking hard in the ratings, even by CW DC show standards, and the audience score on Rotten Tomatoes is something like 12%. Why anyone thought that Ruby Rose could carry a show as the central protagonist is beyond my comprehension.

2 Likes

I tried the first episode, and while it had one or two interesting things about it (Kateā€™s training in the beginning), I found myself rather bored. Much like with Arrow, I didnā€™t bother with subsequent episodes.

Okay, Iā€™ve been watching the show diligently hoping it would improve and it has not. There are just so many plot holes in this series and so many annoying unanswered questions. Like where is Bruce Wayne and why did he leave Gotham? Why is only one man running Wayne Enterprises? When Tommy Elliot said he paid someone to riddle out Batmanā€™s true identity was he inferring that the Riddler knows who Batman is? Why was Kate training so hard to join a contract security company? The whole feel of this show reminds me of the 1987 series ā€œBeauty and the Beastā€. For that time this show would be perfect. But now it is dated and hokey. And while I personally think Ruby Rose is an okay actress she is not right for this role.

1 Like

I donā€™t know that any of those are plot holes. I think this show just isnā€™t your style, which is fine. But itā€™s genuinely about the same quality as Supergirl or Legends.

1 Like

Exactly my point.

So yeah, itā€™s not your style. To each their own.

1 Like

I will confess the show is slowly growing on me. While I still wouldnā€™t define Ruby Roseā€™s portrayal as strong. It is, like the show, slowly getting better.

Kinda reminds me of Arrowā€™s first season. It slogged around with all the flashbacks and really wasnā€™t that interesting, especially in the first half. The latter half started to hit a stride and by the end, it was decent enough to follow into season 2.

1 Like

Hated the pilot but after the second episode I do love it. I wish they would do something outside the cw wheelhouse style

Most of these things arenā€™t plotholes, and pretty much all of them have definitive answers.

1. Bruceā€™s whereabouts and his reasons for leaving Gotham are being intentionally kept vague and mysterious

2. Luke wasnā€™t ā€˜runningā€™ Wayne Enterprises; he was keeping the building - which was officially shuttered - secure. Wayne Enterprises as a buisness was also shuttered.

3. Yes, Tommy Elliot bought the ā€œBruce Wayne is Batmanā€ secret from The Riddler; this was made pretty obvious through the dialogue

4. Kate was training to join the Crows because most of its employees are either highly trained civilians or former military personnel

Thatā€™s probably waaaaaaay not gonna happen. CW has itā€™s audience and that audience has a formula they like, want, & expect. While the formula has been around for decades, Joss Wheadon polished it smooth as glass. On Buffy for WB. The formula works. Until it stops working and that dii ok mr seem soon. That is the formula CW gives its shows.

This topic is wrong.

3 Likes

I think Batwoman is a bad ass! She is Gothamā€™s protector now. For years all the attention has been for Batman, the Robins, Batgirl, etcā€¦ Now itā€™s time for Batwoman!

2 Likes

Why is that, Mae?

1 Like

Because sarcasm? :thinking:

And Batwoman is my favoritest character.

1 Like

I love the show. Itā€™s getting itā€™s footing right now. Itā€™s just going to get better since the show can utilize the best rogues gallery in comics. The show will be able to utilize many of Batmanā€™s rogues gallery.

1 Like