How Do You Prefer Krypton’s Destruction? Brainiac or Natural Cause

I dislike the idea of Brainiac having any connection to Krypton beyond his abduction of Kandor, and I strongly dislike any explanation for Krypton’s destruction that involves responsibility by sentient beings (beyond the hubris of the Science Council).

2 Likes

So…natural cause it it?

2 Likes

But these were scientists, possibly very pigheaded scientists but still scientists. Even a preliminary scan of their world would have shown trouble and they would have acted on the facts.

2 Likes

I’m okay with either. What you lose with one, you gain with the other. I think they’re both fine. Jor-El suffers the most with the Brainiac story, but he’s still here, so his story goes on.

2 Likes

While kryptonians are smart, not all of them were scientists. I get where you’re coming from because theyre far more advanced then I think we’ll ever get but maybe like lex luthor their own ego got in the way of helping the planet

2 Likes

I will go with natural causes. Seeing the Destruction of Krypton in the Superman movie when I was 10 has a lasting effect on a guy.

3 Likes

Why not both? Brainiac knew Krypton was doomed to explode so he bottles Kandor and helps it along??? I mean Kandor was the Capitol right? So by bottling the city and all the planet’s leaders and leading science people they’re even more doomed.

2 Likes

Okay why is that so much more entertaining than it happening naturally?

1 Like

Was this meant to be for me? I enjoy both.

2 Likes

Yes. I really like the injustice opening. Sorry I shoulda been more specific.

1 Like

I like both either way

2 Likes

Good point

2 Likes

I grew up with TAS so seeing Brainiac decide to not save krypton stayed with me

1 Like

Why does jor el suffer the most? Supergirl and flamebird suffered the most because Flamebird was trapped in Kandor and Supergirl had to see the city get taken away

2 Likes

Narratively speaking. Jor-El loses a great origin story when Brainiac is responsible.

1 Like

I forgot to reply to this, yeah I havent read that but it feels like that ruins part of superman trying to live up the El legacy

2 Likes

Sorry I forgot to reply to you but man that ruins seeing Jor el and Lar el watching baby Superman fly away from their planet imo

2 Likes