How Do You Feel About Teen Titans Go?

When it first premiered, I wasn’t a fan. It was so different from the Teen Titans show that came before it that I couldn’t handle it. But it grew on me pretty quickly, to the point where I can put any episode of it (or either of there two movies) on and know that I’m gonna enjoy a good laugh from it.

So how do you guys feel about it- love to watch it or loathe it?

16 Likes

I’ve never liked the 2003 series. I was already older than its target demographic when it premiered, and I always thought that the show looked a little ugly. Thus, I had no nostalgia-based reasons to object to Teen Titans Go. And, well, I love TTG.

Despite its more modern Cartoon Network aesthetics, its heart is firmly in the place of early 1990s children’s programming. In other words, it’s a show full of humor that only adults can appreciate, but it keeps the proceedings loud and chaotic enough to entertain kids.

12 Likes

I love teen titans go, it holds a special place in my heart. The show is perfect at combining low brow humor with very interesting points. I always thought the 03 show was ok, I enjoy it as a TT fan…but it was a little boring…

5 Likes

My kiddo loved it when he was younger, we used to watch it together.

6 Likes

To this day, Teen Titans Go did the funniest Batman sketches I’ve ever seen.

14 Likes

I love how they took the BTAS Robin design and removed the pants. Just perfect!

9 Likes

Meh, it’s alright. Pretty funny but pretty over hating it, liking it and/or watching it at this point

3 Likes

My wife and I find it humorous. Actually our 4 year old got us into it. I think it’s enjoyable, I like the DC universe references.

4 Likes

I liked the 2003 series, although it took a few episodes to grow on me – I wasn’t sure about the silliness and I especially disliked them hopping on the tail end of the “let’s throw anime elements into traditional western animation” bandwagon. In the end, though, I think the balance of serious with emotional with silly made something special.

Compared to that, TTG was definitely not as good in my book. I could understand the context, though. After JL/JLU, Teen Titans was definitely a bit silly. Then came Young Justice which was definitely serious again, but maybe a bit mature for the kids. Then we swung back to silly with TTG.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, I took Go! for what it was, and I did really enjoy it for a good while. After two or three seasons, though – I don’t know if the writing started changing, or if the novelty just wore off – but I started finding it less enjoyable on average. I still watch on occasion if there’s a new episode, and every once in a while I’ll find one hilarious, but they seem to be getting fewer and further between.

2 Likes

I was young when the original came out but i remember it and it is nothing like the GO version. Its unique in its way

3 Likes

It’s a fun show. Has it ups and down but enjoyable. The 03 one I enjoyed it’s o e of my childhood show. This completely different and enjoyable show. I enjoy the references and meta humor the most.

4 Likes

Great for my niece, so we can have something in common to bond over. However, I grew up on Teen Titans (2003), & sometimes Go! is hard for me to watch without sometimes being frustrated with the characters acting the way they do & there’s a lack of storyline (that has also hit many other shows) I get irked about. I’ve got nothing truly against Go!, there’s just something missing from Go! that I just can’t get over, to like it fully.

3 Likes

I am not a fan of either Teen Titans series. I was always hoping for something a little more serious like X-Men. I guess the 2003 one wasn’t too bad but I wasn’t a fan of the art style.

3 Likes

It is a kids show. Period. Maybe it is a kids show meant to entertain parents too but it is a kids show. I am not a parent and never seek to become one. I was devastated when ttg breplaced young justice. Now young justice is back I guess I am indifferent. But I want more cartoons meant for adults. Like a go corps show that focuses on everyone who isn’t Hal Jordan. Stop worrying about toy sales and service your loyal adult fan base. Don’t reprioritise around kiddies again please there is tons of room for stuff like ttg just Don’t let it take all the oxygen away from more mature products

2 Likes

When they announced it years ago, I was excited. Because it was giving us a day to day look on the character’s life beside crime fighting. When it premiered, it was silly but at times it was uncomfortable. I’d give it a 2.5/5. My younger cousins like the show but it’s not for me.

2 Likes

Young Justice isn’t meant for adults. It’s meant for teenagers. Meanwhile, how many kids are familiar with the 1960s Teen Titans series? I’d say not too many. Then who is the target audience of this particular episode of Teen Titans Go?

Answer: Adults who grew up with the limited animation style seen in Filmation’s and Hanna-Barbera’s superhero cartoons. Maybe you can throw in the younger adults who watched Adult Swim in their formative years. Either way, it’s not at all a joke that’s accessible to children.

5 Likes

I used to dislike it but over time it grew on me a bit. I don’t watch it these days though, only used to throw it on the TV with cable at my Grams when I’d be there from time to time haha. They need to bring back the old Teen Titans!

2 Likes

I’ve seen some of it when I babysat. I don’t care for the show. It’s too silly. And I know it’s “for kids” but I’m pretty sure the kids shows I remember from the 80s and 90s had more substance. I could be remembering wrong.
Teen Titans Go to the Movies, however, hilarious. Love that movie. I need to get my hands on the Teen Titans Go vs Teen Titans movie.

3 Likes

I actually like it. Some of the jokes are actually pretty great and are aimed more for people who grew up in the 80’s and 90’s. Plus, they did an entire episode on rental property…which is absurdly hilarious.

5 Likes

This is a great episode…

5 Likes