House of Horror

Thanks!!!
This is just a portion of the mess I have made for myself.

Each cube is 3 layers deep and I have decided to make a list of everything I have and if it is dvd, Blu ray, vudu, Amazon, PSP, etc. Then on top of that, if a movie is in a collection because I have way too many horror movie collections.

The box for my friend that I have a feeling will gain a few more movies as I finish things up.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a ton of movies. I cleared out most of my movie collection when I moved last. :smiling_face_with_tear: I miss them so much.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been movie crazy lately too. Oscars timeā€¦.

3 Likes

Hey everyone, just joined. While I got into comics less than 10 years ago, I come from a deep Horror movie background. And since my two favorite characters are Swamp Thing followed by John Constantine, this felt like the club for me to join

5 Likes

Welcome @EDT! We love the horror comics and we love the movies too. I hope you find our club a fun place to hang out. Things have been a little slow at the moment but @D4RK5TARZ and I have a plan for our next reading. We have a pretty extensive list of books that weā€™ve read so far. Feel free to check them out! Iā€™d highly recommend, if you havenā€™t read it yet, Plunge or basketful of heads

6 Likes

@HouseofHorror Looks like we have a new summer horror/hero/villain event, Knight Terrors

Who is excited for this event coming in July and August? Looks like this event is going to terrorize heroes and villains alike by the new bad guy, Insomnia and the Sleepless Knights.

8 Likes

Iā€™d say that Iā€™mā€¦cautiously optimistic. When it comes to Dark Knights Metal, they teased a similar thing by saying the Dark Multiverse is full of unimaginable hotror and monsters, but it just ended up being evil versions of Batman. Itā€™s possible that this goes down a similar route.

Plus, for some of the characters involved, I donā€™t see how the Horror from this event will be different stuff they already have gone through or what they deal on a regular basis

5 Likes

Agreed, I tend to be slightly less excited when the trinity gets involved with horror. I like when Swamp Thing, Justice League Dark and other more magic based characters are involved.

I really love the books that are straight up horror. I did really love Dark Knight Metal and DCeased though Dceased was an Elsewhere story which gave them more freedom with the story.

6 Likes

I was curious about what is considered the correct way or method to suggest or vote for titles for the next book discussion?

5 Likes

Welcome!!! I have been busy and havenā€™t posted anything new but that is gonna change tomorrow before my week breaks down into pure craziness again. :sob:

7 Likes

can-i-offer-you-a-nice-egg-in-this-trying-1502317

6 Likes

@LaserPuff and I are always open to suggestions. Usually, Lp and I meet in dark room and throw darts at a board to decide what we will be reading. In all seriousness, we take into account of what might be popular at the very moment, if there is a big event happening at Dcu, or the most common method of something looks interesting.

6 Likes

Lol!!

At the beginning of the month LP and I went to a horror movie convention and some friends came into town which lead to too much drinking and I donā€™t normally drink if ever. Needless to say, that weekend was destroyed. Then when I got back to my set schedule went down the tube so my hours have been all over the place. The upside and downside for the rest of the month is that I am in training which means they canā€™t mess with my schedule! The downside is I will be working at 8 am and I normally clock in between 10 and 12:30 so this is gonna be rough.

7 Likes

I should have also mentioned that we are open to suggestions!!!

6 Likes

Rapid fire

3 Likes

Looks amazing to me!!??!

2 Likes

Hey everyone, I havenā€™t forgot to post the newest HOH topic. I have, I guess it can be called, an ongoing family emergency. My grandmother has been in the hospital for the past week and things arenā€™t looking too good. I do promise to get the newest topic posted I just donā€™t know the time frame at this time.

6 Likes

Obviously what your dealing with is more important. Hope everything is OK, my thoughts go out to you

7 Likes

Thanks!!! It has been a weird time that is for sure.

6 Likes

Do you guys thing the Horror Hosts have meet-ups? Like, Destiny hosts a once a month gathering where other DC Horror Hosts get together to chill, tell each other stories, etc. Maybe Elvira pops in every once in a while

5 Likes