House of Horror 79 - The Return and Vamps

:house_of_horror: Greetings Horror Hounds! :house_of_horror:

@LaserPuff and I are back! I apologize for the unexpected hiatus. Things got hectic on my side of things. We are gonna return to the world of Vamps with the sequel Vamps: Hollywood and Vein! Both LP and I really enjoyed the first series.

:st_swamp_thing: Are you interested in all things horror? If you answered yes, House of Horror has you covered! You can join House of Horror to never miss a reading topic! If you missed a House of Horror event have no fear! Here is a list of every HoH topic! Feel free to jump into the conversation no matter how old the topic is! :00_swamp_thing:

:00_swamp_thing: If you haven’t joined the House of Horror all you need to do is click the “join button” here ! If you are new and would like to catch up on what we have read you can check out the House of Horror library here ! :00_swamp_thing:

:books: Books to read :st_swamp_thing2:

Vamps: Hollywood & Vein 1-4 (1995) (rated 17+)

Don’t forget to tell us your thoughts on Vamps: Hollywood & Vein!!!

6 Likes

Last they said they were going to Canada, I’m interested to see how they ended up in California.

4 Likes

Ah, vampires! The original sex icon of the Horror genre before Elvira took that title. And then it was taken by the new trans Pinhead. ME-OW! :star_struck:

Anyway, I have to check out the OG Vamps book first

4 Likes

The first series was a lot of fun!! There are bikers and vampires, what isn’t there to like?

4 Likes

I’ve read the first Vamps book and it’s pretty good. Not sure if I would call it Horror, despite some admittedly dark and vaguely creepy moments. This has more in common with exploitation thriller/action films of the 70s & 80s. Featuring a group of hot women, lots of violence and blood, no complex or ambitious set pieces. It’s still got plenty of dark, grimey fun!

As for the sequel…I can tell that it lasted for longer than 4 issues, so I won’t criticize it for not having enough time to expand on ideas and characters. But I do think this follow-up has too many ideas, doesn’t know what to focus on, and therefore I couldn’t really attach to anything.

4 Likes

I really enjoyed what I was able to read. I apologize, I figured the whole series was on here. Issue 2 was delightfully bonkers. The origin of the first vampire in the Vamps universe took me by surprise! I am also a sucker for stories that take place on a movie set and this is no different.

3 Likes

I have a cheesy joke…

:eyes: What is a vampire’s favorite fruit?

Neck-tarines! :upside_down_face:

drums-harley-quinn

Thank you, and goodnight! :stuck_out_tongue::green_heart:

7 Likes

Encore!

5 Likes

:laughing: A vampire knock knock this time?

5 Likes

Let my ears consume the joke

slurp-slurp-peralta-trudy-judy

4 Likes

:laughing: Slurping—That’s perfect! Can’t think of a knock knock joke, but here’s this:

:eyes: Why are vampires so impulsive?

They never reflect on things. :stuck_out_tongue: :drum: tsss

6 Likes

FHOQ87dWQA4HORj

4 Likes

Welcome back! I haven’t read the first series yet, i should do that first lol

4 Likes