House of Horror 63: Elvira's House of Pride

I would love a line of McFarlane figures based on DC TV series, but it better give me Wonder Woman figures. However, a McFarlane Elvira would definitely be a must have…

2 Likes

Hmm. I think closest is WW 84’ movie, not tv series tho, & non-McFarlane JL WW. Highly suggest Dark Knights Death Metal WW as well. One of the coolest lines imho…

I buy most Wonder Woman figures, unless it’s just a complete repeat of something already done. I really want to see Lynda Carter, Lyle Waggoner’s Steve Trevor, and especially Formicida from the TV series. I could talk about it all day, but we’re getting off topic here, with all due respect…

1 Like

I hear ya. I just happen to know the creator of this thread. I wouldn’t do it w/o prior permission. But, good to know u follow the rules!!! :ok_hand: :grin:.

1 Like

I keep forgetting that Cassandra released a book of memoirs - I really need to get myself a copy. While I have never watched the Elvira show, I did enjoy both movies, and some of the stuff I heard about her memoir collection sounds really intriguing. ANYWAY, time to focus on the comics at hand…

Overall, I had a fun time with these comics. The stuff focusing on Elvira herself was actually intriguing, the mystery surrounding Cain’s disappearance and the House pushing Elvira to keep investigating it. As for the stories actually told within the comic, they range from OK to pretty good. One thing I will say about them is not all of them can be classified as Horror. Some of them might still have a dark element to an extent. But you also have others that - despite maybe containing a monster - play out more like a comedy or some kind of fantasy story.

The last couple of issues went in an unexpected meta direction. Considering who Elvira is, that does actually work. But it still felt like it came out of left field considering the more grounded way the comic approached having her be a part of this universe. While it was cool to see several of DC’s other Horror hosts show up, it does unfortunately reveal the House was never actually talking to Elvira which I feel takes away something from the previous issues. And while a deal with a non-DC character like this was never going to be permanent, it still felt like it ended with no real resolution.

But if you’re a fan of Elvira or you enjoy getting into an anthology like this, it’s still worth checking out!

3 Likes