Heroclix

I have been gradually losing interest in Heroclix over the last 5 years. A big part of that is because of a dearth of DC sets, having no more than 1 a year for the last several years. I officially threw in the towel following my purchase of a recent set that I ordered, but then realized I cared very little about. I honored my order and bought it, but then told my local game shop owner that I was essentially done with the game.

A few weeks go by and today Wizkids announces a Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary set for the second quarter of 2021.

Just when I thought I was out, they sucked me back in…

5 Likes

This is not directly table-top game related, but since it came up in a conversation about the upcoming Wonder Woman Heroclix set, I will put it here.

On HCRealms, my preferred Heroclix info site, a discussion about characters we hope to see resulted in one post that read…

"My biggest hopes for the set:

Nubia
Ferdinand - Diana’s minotaur chef; could also be used for a Minotaur generic.
Aphrodite
Giganta - Rebirth version.
Doctor Poison - Either Golden Age or Post-Crisis versions.
Queen Clea
Blue Snowman
Zara
Hypnota
Eviless - Give me Villainy Inc., Heroclix!
Medusa - Like Ferdinand, she could be used for a gorgon generic.
Doctor Cyber - Rebirth version.
Silver Swan - Rebirth version (Vanessa Kapatelis).
Angle Man
Eris - New 52 Strife version.
Gundra the Valkyrie
Devastation
Hecate
Queen Sharkeeta - More kooky Golden Age villains, please! This lady’s a shark mermaid with butterfly wings and one of the zaniest (in the best way possible) villains Diana has faced.

How many of these are realistic? I’m predicting I’ll only get three or less. !"

I copy/pasted the whole post to give a taste of the discussion there, but the relevant part was the last character listed - Queen Sharkeeta! I had never before heard of Queen Sharkeeta, and I have read all the golden age WW stories on this site and in some reprint books I have purchased.

A quick web-search showed that she has only ever appeared in one comic - Comics Cavalcade #21. As I am posting this, we only have up to issue #13 of Comics Cavalcade available to read through this service.

I sure hope we get more!

5 Likes

Wow. That is a deep cut. Have never heard of Sharkeeta either!

I’m in same boat as OP, interest in clix on the downslide due to no DC sets. This set does look great though.

4 Likes

Holy nostalgia, Batman!!! My brother and I had these (all Marvel ones) when we were kids. I’m going to look into these DC ones now.

4 Likes

I play, before the lockdowns happened I used to play a lot, I always like collecting the figures and the Maps, My biggest compliant was DC doesn’t release has many sets has Marvel in a year. Hadn’t been paying attention to the new sets, so I am rather excited to see we are getting a Wonder Woman set. I am thankful she is getting her own set this time instead of being tacted on to a Superman set like last time.

I was so Happy to finely get a Johan Hex and Question piece to play with out of the Justice League Unlimited Set.

4 Likes

Heroclix also make really cheap minis for rpgs and board games.

4 Likes

there are alot of star-trek clix’s that are cross compatible but no star wars sry, we wish there were although, I have never really played with or against the Star-trek clix’s I hear the powers scaling doesn’t match with the Marvel and DC Heroes.

witch I don’t get pretty sure sups and wondy can smash Spaceship any day of the week, I feel like there is something I am clearly missing there?

I wish Warner Brothers would have made more Scfi-fi, & fantasy hero clix, I loved having my Pacific Rim Kaijus roflstomp the board with DC’s Enchantress probing all of my rolls to never fail.

3 Likes

A pic of some of the characters that will be in that Wonder Woman set…

Is it weird that I am most excited that they are including a classic, Holliday College, sorority girl version of Etta Candy?

5 Likes

The new Wonder Woman set will also be the first one to have a new updated rule set.
WizKids (the makers of heroclix) say one of their main goals is to make it easier for new players to get into the game.

I started playing in Dec 2017 or so and they had just updated the rules to make it much easier. So hopefully this will make it even easier.

HeroClix 2021 Rules 0: Intro and Goals | HeroClix (wizkids.com)

4 Likes

I’ve never played HeroClix, but I do own the figures of the characters that were used in The Super Friends. I’ve seen online that they are going to release an El Dorado figure, but I haven’t seen him yet.

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Yeah, I have some,… but never really go into it for the collectable aspect. My first pack I bought really sucked ha ha. It was like a stop sign or something ha ha

2 Likes

Hey! Is anyone interested in this Hal Jordan Heroclix? :0_lc_hal_jordan:
I would be happy to send it to you free as long as you are comfortable PMing me your address. I don’t think it’s ever been opened. I would love to see it go to a good home :smiley:

2 Likes

Home found! :partying_face:

1 Like

I collected a few of the DC Hero Clix, haven’t tried playing the game.

2 Likes

I played a few times and I liked the idea of it. I had never played with something with figures and the little disc points thing on the bottom is really fun!

2 Likes