Heroclix

The August General in Iron, Dr. Sivana, and The Blue Beetle.

5 Likes

Those are some cool ones, I like the blue beetle.( also Ralphsix has been eliminated in crisis on earth one).

4 Likes

I know. I saw that. I am mulling over what to do next.

3 Likes

I started playing this game wayyyyyyyy back in like 2004. I stopped for a few years and picked it up again around 2013. I stopped like 3 years ago, but I might dive back in for Justice League Unlimited, love that show and the Bruce Timm character designs.

4 Likes

Yeah, this set looks very cool.

Here’s another pic for today - I am mixing and matching clix from different eras of the game. Some of these are very old and some pretty new.

Uncle Sam, Brainaic’s Ship, and Beast Boy, who is changing from an eagle to a gorilla in this particular sculpt.

4 Likes

For today’s Heroclix image, I present to you Flex Mentallo, Man of Muscle Mystery, Aquaman, and Lady Blackhawk (the Birds of Prey version).

4 Likes

Funny enough I’ve owned a bunch of them over the years for display but never had anyone to actually play the game with. I’d always hoped for a video game version of this that allowed DLC for characters from several companies.

5 Likes

Anybody who likes to play and needs someone to play with you can join this discord. (nBDzyFb)
It’s not the most active, but if you join type in chat that you’re trying to play. Someone made a mod to play on tabletop simulator so if you have a PC that you can play steam games on I highly recommend getting that to play heroclix online.

I am also able to teach heroclix to those interested in getting into the game

9 Likes

I have been reading about that in a couple of other places. Maybe I will goof around with that sometime this week.

Speaking of this week, I am crossing my fingers, but it appears that I might finally be getting my Justice League Unlimited stuff delivered to the local game store on Wednesday. I’ve waited this long. If it isn’t this week, it will be soon.

5 Likes

Yep ordered JLU back in early March too. Hoping to finally see it soon

4 Likes

It’s official.

The JLU set is awesome.

5 Likes

This brings me back.
I played heroclix back when the game first came out. Played for a little bit but it was a new game and not a lot of players yet. Then moved from that area and picked it back up after the game was picked back up after there little hiatus.
My current local shop hadnt had many players. I brought the game to them, we started holding tournaments there.
Then like mentioned before the power creep was getting so bad, that the game wasnt fun anymore. We had players from out of state would come up and play only meta pieces and it wasnt fun.
I cant think of the set but in the HCRealms circle he is known as Balls Fury. It’s a Nick Fury that was so ridiculously powerful it was the main piece any meta gamer played and it was infuriating.
Also the fact the rule changes it’s hard to keep up if your coming in or getting back in. Like said earlier with the rule changes and the power creep a lot of older figures are not playable anymore.

I do own every Green Lantern in the game though. I also have the Batcave and Nekron.

4 Likes

I have a few of the Ted Kord Blue Beetles, and a few various ones here and there. If I get time, I will post pics of them.

4 Likes

I’ve dipped in and out of this game for around 14 years. Collateral Damage was the first set I bought! It’s really fun bu expensive

5 Likes

Also it’s worth noting that there’s definitely a learning curve to this game. There are alot of game mechanics and it may seem impenetrable to those unfamiliar with games like this. But it’s well worth it if you have the disposable income and can find other people to play with (this has always been my problem).

5 Likes

I haven’t played since the pandemic started,but every couple years i end up getting the itch and playing a few times. I really liked the Star Trek TOS set and the W WE ones

4 Likes

I just got a few, and Outsiders team of my own. I haven’t played yet, but my comic shop actively plays, so I hope they can teach me haha.

4 Likes

I mainly collect Batman pieces although my JSA team is pretty neat

6 Likes

Finally got my JLU order and it’s a thing of beauty. Have no one to play with right now so I just look at them :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have a huge bag full of DC Heroclix that I use for running the DC Heroes rpg, but I’ve never played the actual Heroclix game.

4 Likes