Hero Initiative Reprinting JLA/Avengers to Honor George Perez

Hopefully if they do a wider release at some point later on, it’ll also come w/ a digital release. But even if that happens, I figure it’ll be a while

6 Likes

I have located a store in my area. I just have to manage to walk in and inquire.

2 Likes

I’m so f*cking pissed. I just got word from my LCS that they’re charging $175 for the book. Suffice to say, I can’t possibly justify spending that much money and I let them know as such. It’s such a crappy move, and I can’t imagine any other stores around me are gonna have a copy at cover price the day before release. I guess I’m just gonna have to hope for a wider release at some point later on, and I certainly won’t ever be giving that store any business again

5 Likes

Nice acquisition, I had the original so I thought i would give everyone a chance who didn’t have one to get it first, but looking at the secondary market, doubt I could justify it now.

4 Likes

That sucks. I’m sorry that happened to you. I was hoping that you’d be able to get a copy. :cry:

3 Likes

You and me both. I’m hoping that others who go there for a copy will have a similar reaction upon seeing the price, but I’m also sure at least 1 person will be willing to pay that much, and that’s all they’re gonna care about

3 Likes

My store apparently only got three copies. I messaged them as soon as I found out it was being released, and asked again today, but apparently all three copies are already reserved.

5 Likes

Charging $175 is only acceptable if you are donating the $145 profit to the Hero Initiative.

Some stores are doing that. Others have run lotteries or auctions for charity.

4 Likes

I suppose it’s possible, but if they’re doing that, I got no indication of it. Their explanation for the jacked up price only mentioned “market value” over MSRP and mentioned how other sellers are charging at least $200. It basically feels like they’re just using all of that as an excuse instead of doing the right thing and not gouging their customers

2 Likes

The mark up in the store is very discouraging. I am also getting in my own way with respect to going to my local store.

1 Like

So I just tried to buy it online on Midtown Comics – theirs was marked up but theirs was saying it was going to the American Cancer Society, which made the pill a bit less bitter – and as I was checking out, I was told it was sold out.

I’m sorry, is this a comic book, or is this a freaking PS5?

4 Likes

Oh I’m sure there are way more PS5s than there are copies of this book

3 Likes

…Damn, you right.

:sob:

3 Likes

would the bidding war that has erupted inspire the Hero Initiative to produce another printing? Or would they rather we eat each other alive.

2 Likes

I think the limited run was done more so that George Perez would get to see copies of the book before he passes. If they did a wider release, it almost certainly wouldn’t come out until after that happens. I have no idea what their next plans for the book are, if they have any, but it does seem possible that we could get a wider release at some point down the line

5 Likes

I understand part of the plan was to get Perez’s eyes on it. I guess I am hoping they are not operating in a vacuum. There is still hope that I might still make it to my local shop to confirm the mark up.

3 Likes

Honestly I’d be shocked if any LCS still has any copies left. This strikes me as the sort of item that sold out right away when it was released yesterday

2 Likes

I regret not making a greater effort to get out to my shop sooner.

Only reinforces staying away because my anxiety is telling me they will laugh and ridicule me for not knowing better.

3 Likes

If any store actually does this, they’re not worth anyone’s business. This is a highly sought-after book, so any LCS should be prepared to field plenty of questions about whether they have a copy. I didn’t make that point to discourage you at all, but more as a general observation to manage expectations

2 Likes

That is a store that should lose your business.

2 Likes