Hero Initiative Reprinting JLA/Avengers to Honor George Perez

Personally I would LOVE to own a copy, but I don’t think I actually have a local comic shop that’s near me. I’m wondering/hoping if maybe DCBS would count. :thinking:

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve definitely gotten that sense. Thankfully the money will still be going to a good cause in general

6 Likes

Interesting how preemptive some stores are being about this. My LCS has not said anything on social media, at least not yet.

6 Likes

Same here. Though I did notice that my old LCS from back home posted that they wouldn’t be taking pre-orders for any regular sales. Instead they’ll be auctioning off any copy/copies they do get to give back to the Hero Initiative. I guess it just depends on whatever the individual store decides

6 Likes

I’d be very surprised if there’s another printing, Marvel and DC are most likely only playing nice for this limited run because it’s Perez.

I’d love to be proven wrong, especially since all of my Marvel/DC crossovers were stolen last year when my storage unit was broken in to, but I don’t see it happening unfortunately.

7 Likes

I think I might have to acquire this.

5 Likes

got the original issues, or more accurately, my daughter found them in a box and they’re now on her shelf. Okay, so I don’t have them anymore.

10 Likes

Also have the original issues and hardcover, so if it’s lying around I’ll pick it up , otherwise I’ll let someone else get a copy of it. Though due to the low run, I doubt they will last long.

5 Likes

I’d love to get this, but I don’t have a reliable comic store nearby…

I hope I get to read it one day, though.

4 Likes

I thought I had the single issues for this but I confused it with the All Access titles from the 90’s. So I may need to try and get this. I’ll check with my LCS.

3 Likes

Yeah, from what I understand the Hero initiative people really had to pull strings to get this going. And because it’s George Perez the two companies agreed to it. I don’t think George gets the money but the point was to support a charity he has helped to set up.

I think I will also hold off on buying it since I have the originals. My LCS is having people that donate to the Hero initiative have a chance to buy the copy they get in the store. So not a guaranteed copy, but at least for a good cause.

My LCS owner also said he’s more than willing to set the copy he has out for people to freely read there. It really is an amazing book, a feat that only Busiek and Perez could pull off…

5 Likes

Looky looky what I got:

Proud and happy to be one of the lucky 7,000. :smiling_face: And no, this is not being “flipped” on eBay. This is a prized possession.

I’d like to commend my LCS for being on the up-and-up with this. I’ve seen so many stories about shops around the country playing games: putting copies up for auction; raffling them off; doing purity tests to determine if a potential buyer is worthy of receiving a copy; charging well-above cover price. I placed an order, got notified when it arrived, went in, paid cover price, and took it home. No muss, no fuss.

7 Likes

Holy crap, that’s so awesome! You’re really lucky to have gotten that a week early. My LCS wouldn’t be getting it in until next week, assuming they get any at all, though I did confirm my order is still good as long as they get at least 1 copy :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

I never walked into a LCS to pre-order it. i think i am going to lose out.

2 Likes

Well there’s also the option to call one, but either way, and LCS is your only option for getting 1 at the cover price, unless there’s another wider release later on

3 Likes

4 Likes

That’s just awful. I hadn’t heard of any stores doing that, but sadly I can’t say I’m too surprised. Hopefully it’s only a rare few of them

3 Likes

At least 32 listed on eBay right now. Listed at $150 - $450. So gross.

5 Likes

It’s gross, but Highfather help me, I’m tempted. :sob:

2 Likes

What bothers me more than the scalping, which was expected, is that the book isn’t made available in digital. I just want to read the story and gawk at the art, but didn’t have a strong enough interest to drive to the nearest comic book store to get this, especially given how smug the folks that work at the nearest stores can be. I definitely don’t have a strong enough interest to pay $200 for paperback right now.

7 Likes