Henry Cavill, Glad You’re Still Superman!

That is an amazing picture.

5 Likes

Back in September, I had the crazy idea to send Henry Cavill some fan mail. I didn’t really expect to hear back, and it had been so long that I’d nearly forgotten I’d sent it…

Well, look what happened to arrive at my house the day after Superman Day! I am one excited fanboy!

8 Likes

That’s pretty cool. Always nice to see a celebrity make time for their fans. Love the pic; you look ecstatic :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

Thanks, @moro! Ecstatic is the correct word! I had completely accepted that we would never hear back, so it was the best kind of surprise to have it arrive in the mail today!

2 Likes

I have pretty much liked everyone who’s played Superman except for Routh. I do think he was a big part of the problem. Yeah, the script was awful too but he brought nothing to the role. I was very familiar with him from One Life To Live where he was very unimpressive and got fired.

I honestly was heartbroken when they announced he was cast as Superman. I’ve seen the movie twice. Once in the theater and once at home. I thought maybe I’d like it better on that second viewing but instead, I liked it even less. I decided to never watch it again and I haven’t.

It’s one of the reasons I’m so grateful for Henry. He is everything I wanted out of a Superman casting.

2 Likes

@ManofSteelForever. That’s awesome. Congrats on the signed photo.

2 Likes

Thanks! It was an amazing surprise!

1 Like

I can only imagine. That is seriously amazing!

1 Like

Henry talking about Superman in a new variety piece. The guy gets it! Here’s hoping they officially announce his return at Fandome!

3 Likes

It’s amazing that he’s not only got to make his dream come true but he’s also still keen on playing Superman for as long as he can :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Some thoughts from Henry on the Snyder Cut and rumors of his Superman return…

2 Likes

Anyone else holding out hope that Henry is being held in reserve to be a surprise announcement at DC Fandome?!

1 Like

:clark_hv_1: I’m very excited to see he return to the role in any capacity. I like that Cavill gets what Superman is suppose to be about and he understands the fan-base. After they release the Snyder cut of Justice League and Shazam, I really hope we can get another Superman Movie.

4 Likes

Anyone else a little bummed there wasn’t more Superman/Henry news yesterday? There were hints of future appearances in Shazam and Black Adam, but I wish they’d stop making us read the tea leaves!

It was great to see that terrible CGI removed in the SC trailer though!

5 Likes

Christopher Reeve (1978)

I’m confused. Care to elaborate?

1 Like

#HenryCavillSuperman was trending on Twitter today! Love it!

4 Likes

Please let this be for real! It sounds amazing!

3 Likes

The only places I’ve seen reporting on this are the usual clickbait sites like Cosmic Book News and We Got This Covered. I really want this to be true but I’m gonna treat it like a rumor until I see a verified source or a reputable site talk about it.

Still…fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes