Henry Cavill, Glad You’re Still Superman!

Gee…the name like totally slips my mind. Or maybe it’s just the trauma of watching how thoroughly awful his/her films are and not wanting to wretch and toss me cookies.:face_vomiting:

Yeah…it’s one of those. :wink:

If Cavill gets another Superman solo movie.
He should get a new power
”Superman: Finding the power of freakin friendship and not snapping anyone’s neck this time around” :grinning:

3 Likes

My votes on Brainiac. He’s not like the past few villains in Superman movies. Each one has been his equal in fighting prowess and power. But none have ever been as smart as Brainiac.

3 Likes

I love him so much as Superman!! Beyond thrilled about this!,

4 Likes

Yeah I heard some stuff that it may be more of a cameo role but I’m just glad they didn’t just get rid of Supes. Who knows what movies he could play a part in if they don’t give him his own. Supergirl, Black Adam, Shazam, Justice Leagues.

In short awesome to have him back.

4 Likes

Maybe slightly off topic, but it’s great seeing Henry lend his voice to this important fight!

5 Likes

Good to hear. He played the part of Superman expertly. DC’s movies have always been treated unfairly by the various forms of media and I feel like some really good performances were overlooked. Or looked at with waaayyy too much scrutiny. I loved all of 'em.

7 Likes

Huzzah

3 Likes

If DC wants to do stand alone movies instead of a tightly interconnected franchise, I’d be fine if we could get elseworld stories like kingdom come! (Or Injustice but that’s would be a huge undertaking to do well)

2 Likes

I’d love to see Henry Cavill, The Rock, and Zachary Levi together one a movie! They have the looks, charisma and talent to play excellent characters.

5 Likes

I’d imagine book four of Kingdom Come would be extremely expensive to film. I’m just throwing out some wishful thinking.

2 Likes

the snyder cut is overhyped

That is true he did. Though to be honest it’s a lot easier to play a superhero on tv then in the movies.
You have time to build your character on a tv show. For example look at Stephen Amell. His Arrow in the first half of the first season was very wooden and wasnt that great. Then he got comfortable and became a very great actor for that role.
In Routh’s case Singer wanted him to be Chris Reeve. So Routh never got to be his version of Superman. That is of course until Crisis. Cause in my opinion he was amazing as KC Superman for the brief time he was there.

Now my thought on Cavill. I liked his Superman, I didnt mind his Clark. Honestly thought (whether writing or directing had to due with it) his arguing over the Batman story in BvS with Perry was not the Clark I’m used to, that is all forms of media I’m talking.
Besides that. I can see him show up in Shazam 2 for a brief cameo. What about a not so obvious movie like what if he already filmed a cameo in WW84? Or because the movie is delayed they filmed a cameo and doing the finishing touches.

4 Likes

Yeah. I didn’t like his Clark. The dark tone of BvS wasn’t really helping either. He did a better job at being more lighthearted in the Justice League movie. I always felt like Superman needs to be lighthearted. If he broods like Batman all the time, people will always be afraid of him.

1 Like

I think that’s more on the script than Routh. And if Crisis showed us anything, it’s that he can be an amazing Clark Kent and Superman.

3 Likes

I can see where you’re coming from, but it I think the directors of Crisis wanted to direct it themselves. You also have to factor in that Crisis was very expensive and it would’ve been one hell of a cost to bring in Ilya Salkind to direct one scene. If we’re going by that rationale why not get Dick Donner to direct that scene?

There’s nothing wrong with being one of the many Earths in the multiverse. And it was fantastic Routh got to play Superman and Clark again.

2 Likes

At the end of the day it boils down to preference. It’s okay if it’s not your thing.

A lot of us got a kick out of seeing it in Crisis. It was just meant to be fun. And it was.

4 Likes

I just hope his Superman gets complete/Full Development! … where he’s lined up as the more Familiar version. Pretty sure the intention of what was to be his arc. Was. Being said I think Cavill has been Great! … just don’t feel as though his Superman is the completed version of his own

2 Likes

Happy to hear he’s sticking around.

3 Likes

They have to at least be thinking about it! Cavill and Rock share management, and Rock produced Shazam!

8 Likes