HBO Max Digital Comic (2020-)

Who is reading the new HBO MAX DIGITAL COMIC (2020-) series that was just released?

Which of the three issues was your favorite?

• To the Max: Hector
  • To the Max: Brian
  • To the Max: Olivia

0 voters

If you have an HBO Max subscription, are you enjoying it?

• Loving it!
  • It’s good.
  • Not liking it.
  • Hate it!

0 voters

7 Likes

interesting! didn’t know about these! I’ll have to read them! I’ll have to read Olivia first because I’m a sucker for elastic characters.

6 Likes

I have no idea why I just read all these, but they weren’t that bad.

4 Likes

It’s okay

4 Likes

The ending of the Hector story makes me want more of these to be published.

Just started Brian’s story and I love that they’re in Gunther’s AKA Central Perk. I might have missed some HBO Max references in Hector’s issue, but there is no missing a Friends nod!

2 Likes

I didn’t realize these were on DC Universe itself, thanks @nu52

3 Likes

6 Likes

I don’t have HBO Max to be completely honest I’m waiting until the Snyder cut is released; I didn’t even know HBO Max had comics on it; also can you read those books on here or just on Max?

3 Likes

You can read them here. Follow the link in the original post and it takes you to the comics page right on DC Universe.

2 Likes

Just clicked and answerd my own question so let me give these a try.

3 Likes

I thoroughly enjoyed these comics! They were fun and fast reads with some characters that I actually want to read more about. I’m interested in knowing more about their powers and if they’ll end up meeting up.

The cast is pretty diverse. A middle-aged latino dad and husband, a world-traveling young black man, and a plus sized female comic all lead these three issues.

I like the idea of ordinary people with potential for greatness being sought out and given the opportunity to do good in the world. It’s also a nice change of pace reading a comic that doesn’t feature the same characters we know and love.

References I caught: Friends, Happy Feet, The Fresh Prince, and Game of Thrones.

4 Likes

Didn’t know these were a thing. Have to check them out.

2 Likes

It is a power set that leads to great visuals!

Right? I’ve read WAY worse and they were ones that I paid for. I wasn’t expecting much for a tie-in, but it’s a nice little taste of what this series could become.

1 Like

most definitely! ( and Elastic characters always end up having personalities I love, with Ralph as my favorite)

1 Like

I like how stretchy characters have varied personalities. I still want to see something like the chase scene from the Incredibles 2 in live action.

Rita is probably my favorite. Although, I just started watching Adventure Time now that I got HBO Max, and Jake the Dog has fun ways he uses his powers.

1 Like

I haven’t had to deal with their customer service at all. That sucks to hear.

Content wise though, it’s the streaming service I use the most.

4 Likes

They’re also free on Comixology if you prefer that platform.

2 Likes

I haven’t read these yet, but what is the purpose of these comics? Are they actually in the DC Comics Universe, or is this just a comic ad for the HBO Max platform?

5 Likes

@ashleywilbanks They’re a promotional bit for HBO Max.

@nu52 I liked Hector’s book the best. The fact that Jim Lee drew the cover might be a wee bit of an influence too.

As for Max, I like it. Their TCM catalog is incredible.

2 Likes

They’re mainly an ad for HBO Max with Easter Eggs for content on the service. It seems like a self-contained world so far, not part of the DC Universe at large.

1 Like