HBO Max Bundle

Oh, I see. @conanthebarbarian, it is most likely not the end of dc universe, so you have nothing to worry about :grin:

7 Likes

Open it on a PC or laptop.

3 Likes

I just received an offer to add HBO Max to my DC Universe subscription which I watch on Roku. Does that mean that HBO Max will be available to watch through the DC Universe app on Roku?

2 Likes

No, I don’t believe so. The email seems to be offering DC Universe subscribers the opportunity to bundle their DCU subscription with HBO Max for an addition 5 bucks a month. Similar to how Disney+ has a bundle with Hulu and ESPN+ for a lower total rate. But HBOMax will still only be available on the platforms it is currently available on. They’re still separate apps, so you wont be able to access HBOMax content on DC Universe nor vice versa (unless they’re shared on both platforms.

4 Likes

I didn’t think Max was available on Roku.

2 Likes

I already signed up for hbo max separately before this was announced. So does that mean I’m just out of luck?

5 Likes

Except it’s a limited reduced price. After 6 months (so says the small print) HBO Max goes up to full price.

It is honestly a crap deal and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

8 Likes

Eh so I may as well keep paying for em separate.

3 Likes

Yeah this is not worth it, right? I know that Harley Quinn and Soon Patrol will be available on HBO Max, but I hope they aren’t jumping ship off of here. I’d realistically only want HBO max for the Snyder cut and that won’t be for way more than 6 months

6 Likes

This helps clarify, thanks. There was no mention of availability which seems to imply that they’re having a tough time raising subscribers given that it’s not on Roku or Amazon Prime. I would imagine the folks at Roku are monitoring this and it’s causing them to stick to their guns.

Not really. As @Tobias-RCO2 pointed out, it’s a limited price drop. You’re not really missing out on much. Nothing is different content wise either.

And @Leonardoverse there were a lot of problems and factors that I would imagine affected HBOMax’s launch beyond just availability haha. Glad I was able to clear things up though.

3 Likes

For a moment I thought it was a set discount instead of a six month deal :pensive:

3 Likes

That’s what I was trying to determine. It seems that is the case, which doesn’t make me feel good to be out of luck for being loyal to the WB brand.

1 Like

I took a picture of the fine print here:

6 Likes

You’re not out of luck. All the content is there and the discount is only for a limited time.

3 Likes

But we can’t watch it on Roku. I think that’s what @juskris meant.

We’re a DC family so we’ll be loyal no matter what. However, it still stings. I wish they could work things out with Roku.

4 Likes

Isn’t a discount better than no discount?

6 Likes

No, they were responding to the person who said they already got HBOMax and were there for out of luck. Nothing about roku. It’s about the discount.

Yeah same here! I would have signed up and been patient until they worked things out with Roku.

1 Like