Have We Met?

Fittingly a Stargirl related question is created by one of her first pencilers.

1 Like

Vixen comes face to face with Cheetah for the first time in 2007’s Justice League of America #13. But before they can fight, Cheetah’s Injustice League ally Parasite ambushes her from behind, leaving Black Canary to deal with Cheetah.

We see them about to fight briefly in 2011’s All-New Batman: The Brave and the Bold #4 (undigitized), but the issue is too busy to let us see how that resolves.

Vixen and Beast Boy team up against Catman and Cheetah again, though, in Teen Titans Go! #56, where Beast Boy has a brief career as Vixen’s sidekick.

Interestingly, we see that both Vixen and Cheetah are among Wonder Woman’s Amazon Warriors in the Flashpoint timeline.

The Injustice 2 comics once again see Cheetah and Vixen on the same side, both part of Ra’s al Ghul’s contingent to restore the world following Superman’s regime. Fitting, since in the Injustice 2 video game Cheetah and Vixen are alternate skins of each other.

In DC Comics Bombshells, from issues #60-71, Vixen, Catwoman, Batwoman, Hawkgirl, and Renee Montoya pursue Barbara Minerva and her squadron of mechanical animals through Zambesi. Predictably, it’s ultimately Wonder Woman who steps in and defeats Minerva.

2 Likes

Yep! It all went down in Sandman Midnight Theatre, which I hope will make its way to DCUI soon.

4 Likes

I find it fascinating that DC’s put them together on several occasions, but failed to deliver on any real action between them, in regular continuity. Still in all, that does leave hope for the future, doesn’t it.

1 Like

Have Gnarrk and Anthro ever met?

1 Like

Great question, but they have not!

2 Likes

Let me expand on that great question, sir. How about Gnarrk, Java, Vandal Savage and King Kull? Also, are there any other “modern day” cave-men I may have overlooked? If this sounds familiar, I may have asked a different version of it, before. Sorry.

1 Like

One at a time, please. These get exponentially more complicated the more figures I have to determine interfacing.

All right, let’s see. There’s:

• Immortal Man, Vandal Savage’s ancient rival
  • The Immortal Men, all featured in the 2018 Immortal Men series
  • Hath-Set, enemy of Hawkman, who was revealed to have been reincarnating through time since the caveman period in Dark Nights: Metal
  • Aurakles, the neanderthal empowered by the New Gods in 40,000 BC
  • Know Man, a prehistoric man deputized by the Guardians of the Universe’s rivals, The Controllers
  • Ice King, a Golden Age enemy of Captain Marvel

That’s all I can think of, at the moment.

3 Likes

Sorry 'bout that. I’ll try to remember the “interface” problem before my next inquiry. :slightly_smiling_face: Anyway, thanks again!

Before his apparent demise in Infinite Crisis #4, did Airwave ever encounter Virgil Hawkins, aka Static?

1 Like

Nope! Prior to Infinite Crisis, or indeed Final Crisis, the only time Static meets any DC characters in the comics is the 1994 “Worlds Collide” crossover – and that was mainly with the Superman titles. Air Wave was not involved.

4 Likes

Speaking of the “Worlds Collide” crossover, has DC ever reprinted that as a TPB? And if not, how come?

1 Like

The nature of the collected editions office is arcane and inscrutable, Wrightline, but the general rule is that reprints are issued in promotion and conjunction with big modern projects. For a very long time, relations between DC and Milestone were tied up in legal battles, and any kind of collaborative reprint would have been impossible while the court cases were in progress. Theoretically, as DC has been releasing Milestone Compendium editions of the original 90s material recently, it would be possible to issue a reprint of Worlds Collide now, but that hasn’t happened yet. I can’t say if it’ll occur any time soon, but as Milestone’s resurgence picks up steam, it’s certainly a possibility.

3 Likes

I was hoping for an answer like that. Thank you!

2 Likes

Has Mr. Nobody ever “bothered” anyone other than the Doom Patrol?

1 Like

Does Scooby-Doo count? If not, the answer is no.

2 Likes

Whatta’ waste, so far anyway.

2 Likes

With Bugs Bunny and the Loonie Tuners being property of Warner Bros, and Captain Carrot & the Zoo Crew over at DC, I gotta’ ask. With everybody under the same roof (so to speak), why haven’t we had a crossover, as yet? Or did I manage to sleep through another one, somehow. :smile:

1 Like

Nope! The only times we see Bugs Bunny interact with any DC characters in the comics are in the 2000 Superman/Bugs Bunny series, and the 2018 DC Meets Looney Tunes oneshot specials. The Zoo Crew is not present for either.

3 Likes

I know Batman has clashed with the Gentleman Ghost on more than one occasion. But has Hawkman ever bumped into Kirk Langstrom’s Man-Bat, up there in the wild blue yonder?

2 Likes