Have We Met?

Tonight’s Stargirl, got me thinking about the only two (that I know of) actresses in the DCU, and whether or not they ever met, or appeared in the same movie perhaps. Both have undergone, shall we say, dramatic changes in their lives. One, Rita Farr, becoming the hero called Elasti-Girl. The other, Delores Winters, a temporary body for the evil known as the Ultra-Humanite. Well good sir, what say you?

1 Like

Good thought, but nope! They traveled in different circles. As I’m sure you’ve determined by now, the Doom Patrol is fairly isolated from the rest of the DC Universe.

2 Likes

Not as far as I’m aware!

2 Likes

I never made that connection until now.

I happen to notice they had the same last name. So, I took that next vulnerable step.

2 Likes

Has Vic Sage met Kent Nelson or Power Girl?

1 Like

Has Batgirl Barbara Gordon ever met Bat-Girl Bette Kane? (Not counting the Tiny Titans’ Batgirl party or the Brave and the Bold Robins issue).

3 Likes

John Constantine seems to know (or know of) everybody in the mystic community of the DCU. When, and how did Constantine first introduce himself to the spell casters and demonic beings that we all know so well? Was there some mystic crisis in years past that required his reluctant intervention? How did he first meet Dr. Fate, Etrigan and all the others? I know that he and Zatanna go way back. But as to the others, I’m in the dark. Or are those stories yet to be told?

Taking in your partial listing of licensed private investigators (impressive as it was) over on Ask the Question, I noticed that Ms. Tree was not among them. Then I remembered that while DC had publication rights for awhile there, she is not a DC owned property. Love the character, and have a complete run of her cases (under multiple imprints, I might add). I especially have a great fondness for the 3 issue mini-series (from First Comics), in which she teamed with Mike Mauser, back in '85. Somehow, I always picture Dustin Hoffman in that role. Alas, maybe one day. That however, is my lead in to a question of team-ups.

Aside from spin-off programs, television has had detective show crossovers going back all the way back to the 60s and the early tv days of Warner Bros. With 77 Sunset Strip & Hawaiian Eye leading the way. Over the years we’ve seen Cannon/Barnaby Jones, Magnum P.I./Jessica Fletcher, and even Mannix solving a 20 year old case, with the help of Dick Van Doctor on Diagnosis Murder. Others are out there of course, and always fun to track down. But, how often (if ever) have cases crossed, forming temporary partnerships in the comics? Sure, our costumed heroes have paired with the P.I. crowd from time to time. Or have secondary status as supporting players. But otherwise, who, what when and where good sir? Thanks in advance! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Something a little simpler and less involved to start the new year, sir. Has Mercy Graves ever met or faced off against any of the gals in the super-hero community? Other than Harley in the animated universe.

1 Like

Has Stargirl ever met Stephanie Brown?

3 Likes

Has Lex Luthor ever met The Question in comics? :slightly_smiling_face: Not counting Justice League Unlimited, just in case.

Have Batman and Black Manta had any interesting interactions?

1 Like

This isn’t so much a “Have we met” question, as when. Wonder Woman has appeared a time or two in the pages of Lois Lane titles over the years.The earliest I could find, was in issue #93 (vol. 1) back in '69. But was that the first time? Or could they have crossed paths elsewhere? In a Justice League adventure as well, perhaps?

Thanks.

1 Like

I seem to remember this game. https://www.gameszap.com/game/3869/batman-brawl.html

1 Like

I know that Captain Cold and Mr. Freeze have appeared together in the past. Although motivated by different things, they use similar weapons to achieve their ends. When and how did the two first meet?

Hey gang, going to have less time for this thread and a few others in the near future due to an influx of work. I’ll still do my best to keep up Ask The Question. In the meantime, I hope you can help each other out.

3 Likes

We’ll do our best. In the meantime, remember, work smarter, not harder! :grinning:

2 Likes