Have a Question for the DCYou Unscripted Team? Ask Here!

2019-11-06T08:00:00Z2019-11-18T08:00:00Z
DCYou Unscripted is a mere two weeks away from closing the submissions for original, non-narrative unscripted ideas from YOU!

What is DCYou Unscripted, you might be asking? You’re in the right place! Until November 18th, DCYou Unscripted is giving fans a chance to pitch their original non-narrative unscripted ideas, and one of them will ultimately become an original streaming series.

Starting Wednesday, November 6th until submissions close on Friday, November 18th, the leaders of this exciting project will be jumping into our community to answer any and all questions you might have about the submission process, what you can expect, and maybe even a little about how this whole crazy idea got started.

Ask your questions for the DCYou Unscripted team in the comments below- who knows, you might just get inspired to submit an idea of your own!

11 Likes

I don’t have a video reel to submit for the iU Network application portion of the submission form. What sort of web-site would they be looking for in lieu of a reel? Is it just a download link to our pitch deck?

Thank you!

2 Likes

I don’t have a question, but I do want to say thanks for doing this. I’m excited to see how it turns out!

2 Likes

Great question! Thanks for asking that! Best Wishes!

1 Like

If we have a series that’s documentary in nature with each episode focusing on a different person/subject, can Season 1 synopsis include the potential people we had in mind?

2 Likes

Hey everybody, Abe here from the DCYou Unscripted team! Gonna be available to answer any questions you may have through the close of submissions on November 18! Nothing’s off the table, and we’re super-stoked to see what ideas everyone has!

7 Likes

@mattbearpig No worries on not having a reel. For the network application feel free to link to any type of creative (doesn’t need to be related to your concept, but your pitch deck could work for sure). Think blog post, YouTube video, paper you wrote in high school, or a sketch on a napkin…

4 Likes

@mjbrojanowski really appreciate the support…we’re definitely excited as well!

2 Likes

Quick question: on the form it says you’re looking for a “Cast, Host, and Elements” breakdown. Are you looking for anything specific, or do you just want us to give a brief overview of the people and stuff that we think will be needed for the show to work?

3 Likes

@TaimurDar absolutely, that sounds like a great way to convey what a season will look like! Feel free to dive as deep into your vision as you’d want.

1 Like

@mblair112.87561 you have hit the nail on the head! We’re looking for recurring elements here, those pieces that will be present episode after episode.

2 Likes

What are u looking for in the mandatory question about directors, editors, etc? Do u want us to choose who w fill those rolls?

2 Likes

When both team members need Ideas United approved, do both submit same idea? Or is there a place for only the ideas united part? I hope that makes sense. Thank you for your time. We really appreciate it.

2 Likes

Hello,

When you are entering as a team (two people) when submitting is one member ID enough? Also for the ideas network is my email address my member ID?

Thanks

3 Likes

Hey @Lupinfan83 ! That question is a part of our network application and is focused on how you would describe your talents or experiences in the creative world. For example, if you fancy yourself as a “director” we’d keep you in mind for future projects and opportunities!

3 Likes

@toonatonian you can use this link to have your teammate apply to our network: https://ideasunited.shortlist.co/p/0bl4768t/project/edit/?key=t7wbfc5t

If you go that route, there’s no need to submit your concept twice!

2 Likes

Hey @max_prime yup, you can submit with a single approved member of the network and your email address is your member login for our network!

2 Likes

This is Awesome! Thanks so much @chasing12. Have a Super Day!

2 Likes

What do you mean by non-narrative? Like a show that had a basic premise but no real objective like “Friends?” Or a show that literally has no narrative function like a non sequitur show like “Family Guy?”

1 Like