Have a Question for the DCYou Unscripted Team? Ask Here!

I’m filling out the Submission Release and just wanted to make sure that the “the work/materials entitled or described as” blank section in the first paragraph would be the title of the pitch? Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

I have submitted an idea for the competition as well as my submission for ideas United. After confirming email I went back to submit another idea. After completing the form I confirmed the email but it sent me to my original submission, not including the most recent one. How do you submit multiple ideas? Thanks

2 Likes

Hi I had a question regarding #2 from the below requirement:
In the Your Response section below, we ask that you do two things:

1. Message - Tell us a bit about why you’d love to work with DC
  2. Attachment - This is where you’ll upload your Creative Component

Exactly what does Creative Component mean here? Is it the entire story written out in detail? As in if there are 6 episodes in a season, are we expected to have all 6 episodes written out in detail?

1 Like

Hey @Carpenter.Redhook non-narrative could also be considered “unscripted”…think documentary, reality, a game show, etc. Both Friends and Family Guy are considered “scripted” and concepts like those aren’t eligible for this opportunity.

@chineasye.81970 Yup, that’s correct!

Hello @BigFoop! So sorry you had that issue! Follow this link to submit additional concepts beyond your first: https://forms.gle/2s8HTt6PtVYdxUj9A

Hey @msh21very good question! Outside of the Submission Form we would love to see some further creative that would help us understand and appreciate your idea. This could be a treatment, a video teaser, storyboards, a pitch deck, etc.

1 Like

Hi, I recently submitted a second idea through the Google Forms link instead of the main “DCyou Unscripted” portal. Are we going to receive confirmation emails letting us know that our ideas have been received?

2 Likes

Hello! Before I go ahead and submit my ideas (I have two just in case one doesn’t pan out), I was a bit confused as to “We don’t want that Batman story you always wanted to tell” entails. I understand the requirement is “non-narrative”, however does that mean we can’t use DC characters? Do they have to be original? I had a specific character in mind that could totally be weaved into a documentary/reality TV type of show.

2 Likes

Thank you. Do we need to detail out every single episode of our idea for the show? Or does it just have to be a full synopsis of an entire season?

1 Like

Hello chasing12,
I went to go submit my idea and is not able to enter my submission. Help!!! I want to get my submission in!!
How do I submit my idea?

1 Like

If you have a partner and one acct, do both people have to sign a submission disclaimer?

Hey @mblair112.87561 you should receive an automated email confirming your submission via the form, that summarizes your responses to all fields. If you never received this (and have checked your SPAM folder), please let us know at family@ideasunited.com, thanks!

@caaljr someone appearing “as the character” wouldn’t be allowed based on the rules (ex, a “documentary” following Clark around Metropolis). If you want characters to appear as inspiration in your show (ex. visiting a real-life ‘bat cave’) that would be permitted.

@msh21no need to detail out every single episode, but if you feel it will help the judges understand your vision, then you’re free to dive deep. A full synopsis of an entire season is also totally adequate!

@jasonofkrypton did you get any specific error or issue on the form? If you haven’t already, shoot us an email at family@ideasunited.com !

Hey chasing12, thanks for replying back! I think it has something to do with my browser as the form was available on a desktop.
My laptop (chrome) says it has the updated browser but I think the age of the Chromebook was a factor. I will try to get it in tomorrow evening.

1 Like

Awesome @jasonofkrypton, let us know if there are any other issues!

1 Like

I had some issues with the creative component showing up in my proposal. I got a request to attach it, but wanted to make sure you guys got it.I have sent messages with links to the material, and can upload it if given a link, but so far I haven’t received a response.

1 Like

Hey @chadgatlin I’m replying to the email on your submission!

1 Like