Harley’s Crew 📺 Watch-Along/Book Discussion: GOTHAM BY GASLIGHT 💥 MONDAY 10/2 @ 6pm PST/9pm EST

Hey there, everybody! Another movie night is upon us, and we thought it would be fun to open this Halloween season w/ a spooky Victorian murder mystery! :ghost: Join us!

Details below…

Batman: Gotham by Gaslight (2018): In an age of mystery and superstition, our favorite frightening bat-creature-of-the-night begins his war on crime in an alternative Victorian Age Gotham City, investigating a series of gruesome murders committed by the notorious night stalker, Jack the Ripper! :hocho: Will Batman help catch the criminal lurking the shadows or will people be just as afraid of him? Gotta tune in to find out—Hope to see you here! :popcorn:

:books: If you’re not free on 10/2, you can always join us for a :point_right: book discussion after the WAL!

PLEASE NOTE:
You’ll need your own access to the movie. It’s available on HBOMax right :arrow_right: HERE.
Be ready to hit PLAY at the moment of truth and if you get lost, we got you—just ask and we’ll get you on track.
Rated: R, Runtime: 78min

:harleys_crew: Contact @Razzzcat or @Mae below if you have any questions.

14 Likes

:books: In the DCUI Library:

If anyone would like to discuss…

:bat: Discussion: Begins (after the WAL) on 10/3, and will remain open all month long! :ghost:

Have you read it before? Did you enjoy it? What did you think of the dialogue, plot or artwork? How does it compare to the movie? Anything about the book (or movie) you’d like to discuss—drop your thoughts below!

Also in our :dc: Library, if you’re looking for more Victorian-era vibes this :jack_o_lantern: Halloween season:

12 Likes

I dig this one! Got the disc standing-by. :saluting_face: :popcorn:

5 Likes

@xLOVEandDoomPatrolx See you then! :popcorn: :batparrot: We shall #cahoot in the creepy Victorian-era shadows!

7 Likes

No curfew, no cholera crew . . . we’re gonna run these gaslit streets! :smile:

5 Likes

Awesome. This should be fantastically spooky! Thank you @razzzcat and @Mae

5 Likes

You’re very welcome @Chain_Twix. See you then! :green_heart:

:laughing: No cholera! Nothing can stop us now!!

Okay, this has popped into my head for some reason. :eyes: I’m rolling w/ it. Enjoy, everybody!

8 Likes

This looks so cool I’ll be joining in the book discussion.

6 Likes

I’ve meant to read this for a long time, maybe I’ll finally get to it this month but the movie is good!

8 Likes

Awesome, @RG02! See you then! :green_heart:

We’ll be here if you feel like talking about it. Speaking of things we mean to read:

This one’s been in my reading list for-e-ver. Frankenstein is one of my all-time fave books, too, so I really ought to get it. :laughing:

8 Likes

Ps. Anybody else read or watched this?
https://www.giantpandaking.com/

11 Likes

This movie is Awesome. My first WAL was this movie.

8 Likes

Welcome back @ArkhamKnight79! :grinning:

10 Likes

I really enjoy this movie, it has a good murder mystery story of who Jack The Ripper is. I would’ve love to see more of ElseWorlds stories being made into a animated movie. :nerd_face:

8 Likes

I’ll be here!

Woot-woot! :smile:

:dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

6 Likes

OMG I love The Batfeed channel!

7 Likes

Welcome back to the community @ArkhamKnight79! :wave: Glad to hear you enjoyed the movie - please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :batparrot:

6 Likes

Thank you. I’ll keep that in mind.

6 Likes

My brother has one of the Panda King Wookiee books, and I’ve seen a few of the Gotham documentaries on Batfeed. :grinning: They’re fun, like a companion piece to the movie.

Seconded! I would love to see more of those stories made into movies too.

8 Likes

I haven’t had time to do any reading but I should be here tomorrow for the watch along.

6 Likes