:harleys_crew: Harley’s Crew: Music & Art Therapy

Ps. Calling @NCharles39, because Catwoman is one of our muses.:purple_heart:

Pps. JG Jones courtesy of @Jay_Kay

14 Likes

I have been a-okay. Pretty tired just because I am not a morning person and I have to be up at 7:30ish so I can sort of wake up for work. Outside of that I have slowly been reading Constantine comics because some jerk posted 18 books in House of Horror for the next 2 weeks. :rofl:

I did just pull this book from my shelf to finally read it! I just can’t remember if it is for HC or BoP club. I guess I will figure that out after I read it.

9 Likes

For Bruce from Selina :0_catwoman: :0_batman:

For Harls 'cuz I always feel this energy coming from her when she’s in the thick of the fight and Ivy’s right by her side. :00_harley_quinn: :00_poison_ivy: :0_poison_ivy_bombshells::00_harlivy: :0_harley_quinn: :cobb_squad: :harleys_crew:

DC89 Fun Fact- Lita’s track here was my most fave song to skate routines to. Scored a second place while Ms. Ford’s awesome music (censored version :unamused:) was booming through the arena’s PA. :+1: :ice_skate:

11 Likes

@D4RK5TARZ Hopefully you’ll adjust sooner rather than later! :hugs::purple_heart:

:joy: some jerk. I’m gonna come by for something—hopefully I’ll be on time this round! …and that ones for BOP. :raised_hands:

10 Likes

Thanks!!! I feel like by time I adjust I will be working my normal shift of 12:30-9:00 and all will be right with the world again, minus going to my comic shop on Tuesday night to snag all of the new books before everyone else can get a chance at them.

8 Likes

I have some too:

9 Likes

GI story time: Saw Lita Ford in an airplane hanger on Ramstein Airbase in Germany circa 1987. She did a short show. She rocked.

8 Likes

I’m in a certain musical grove that may or may not be good for me. Here goes anyway.

Yea, I need to find a new groove. But, till then…

10 Likes

Very cool @msgtv!

:smiley: :+1:

6 Likes
8 Likes

Natalie Merchant’s sister taught me sex ed in middle school. She had Tigerlily posters on every wall. I am not really sure on all of the details but somehow her family moved from New York to upstate SC. Her mom also ran a trendy second hand shop where I bought many band t-shirts including a sweet U2 Boy shirt and gold Chuck Taylors.

8 Likes

That is the opening line to my next novel.

8 Likes

lol I knew that would catch your eyeball.

8 Likes

More seriously, this whole musical milieu I hadn’t listened to in a long time, but one song led to another. My girl loved 10,000 and Sixpence and it’s just so happy sad.

8 Likes

I love this art, it reminds me of the “Golden Age” of illustration, from the early 20th century. And just want to say, as a 20th Century boy, it feels weird referring to the time period as a by gone era, LOL!

Lots of GREAT music here folks! I haven’t had a chance to go through everyones selections yet, but I can’t wait. It’s hard to believe this much has been posted so quickly. It’s like I went away for 5 minutes and next thing I know there’s an avalanche of terrific selections! :laughing: I need to get on it and find mine for the list… I shall return.

Hopefully, my choices will live up to everything already posted, it’s a tall order.

6 Likes

Hey @Razzzcat, hey everyone, here’s what I came up with. That first pic of Harley totally reminded me of Natalie Portman in her Dior commercial where she goes running and jumping off the pier so,

Then we have Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman and all things considered this last week I decided to go with something classy for Michelle,

The next one the way they were going at each other I was thinking Control, by Puddle of Mudd for tempo but the lyrics weren’t quite right. Lose Control by Evanescence was my choice instead.

Finally the last scene reminded me of a party but what kind? I’ll leave that up to everyones imagination… :grin:

8 Likes

Ooo- Peggy Lee for the win @ejdias.95910. :smiley: :+1:

4 Likes

I second that, perfect for the Catwoman pic @ejdias.95910.

@DC89 It’s hard to top Lita Ford for cinematic energy of the opening image. The song brings me back to my youth, clinging on walls at the “Roller Rink,” cause I have terrible balance. :laughing: I can easily see this being used in a Harley flick.

Ok, You All have made it hard on me, so many good songs. I knew most of them on sight, but listening to them as a playlist, it’s its own thing. I’m going to post now in relation to the original visual prompts that @Razzzcat gave us, and commenting on songs you shared that inspired me. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The first inspiration from @Mae. This could be for the opening image, but more so, it’s what came to mind when I saw you posted “Empire of the Sun”:

Next, I already said that I think @ejdias.95910 nailed the Catwoamn pic, so this is more for Harles & Ivy together, it’s what came to mind with @msgtv picks:

Alright, I figure that @IrishX chose “The Lunachicks” for the opening salvo, and what it inspired in me was “Bikini Kill”:

Finally,@ejdias.95910, you said: “the last scene reminded me of a party but what kind? I’ll leave that up to everyones imagination…” :grin:

Well, this is the party I imagined. :upside_down_face: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

PS: @Razzzcat, I really love this Madonna song:

9 Likes

7 Likes

Kiss Me was practically an anthem for my high school years.

As AquaMamoaman once said, “I dig it.” :+1:t2:

7 Likes