Harley’s Crew | Book Club | Harley Quinn Animated Series: The Eat. Bang! Kill. Tour

I could see S3 culminating in a huge showdown with DC’s top 50 female heroes and villains. I have faith this could be done without taking away from Harley and Ivy’s storyline - look at Captain America: Civil War: All of the Avengers, recently retired Avengers, and a few extra-special guest stars get their time to be showcased, but the focus is never not on Steve.

4 Likes

Just type whatever you wanna type, it’s highlighted so it’ll disappear once you start.

4 Likes

Well, here’s how I see it: On Prime Earth, following Dark Nights: Death Metal, it all matters, because it all happened. So these characters may not be the same, but somewhere out there, through some sort of weird hypertime-like ■■■■, are characters who have experienced both.

4 Likes

As I said,

4 Likes

Oh, man, please be true.

4 Likes

Oh, she totally is. Steph has totally been Clayface all along. That’s why, on Earth 3, she was a hero who tried to take down the Young @$#@$#@ from inside. That is the opposite. AHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!

Or, you know, that’s how I saw it.

4 Likes

No clue, but in New Talent Showcase 2017 #1, Ivy did say “Harley offered to come with me. That’s true love.” Does that count?

5 Likes

Let me say, in issue two, the intertitle “THIRTY SECONDS BEFORE THE GRENADE IS THROWN” reminded me of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episode “Tales of Leo”, which starts with the interstitle “THIRTY SECONDS AGO”, flashing back to the end of the last episode, in which everyone appeared to die. This is completely irrelevant, but THAT WAS THE BEST ITERATION. I love the 1987-1996 series, but this makes it look like candy-colored trash.

4 Likes

I actually fail to see how you made this connection. Given Harley Quinn is a primary alignment universe and not an opposite alignment universe like Earth 3.

5 Likes

well, I know they admit to it in the three-issue black label book Harley quin and the Birds of prey.

6 Likes

@Nobody.bladesmith Stephanie from Chico is one if my favorite things :joy: So I knew who it was as soon as I saw her.

Heres this:

Agree @lo_third. Could be interesting if they tried it! Would LOVE to see a version if Huntress or Canary tho.

8 Likes

I… Think that’s my point. I’m not saying this was planned back in 2019, I’m just saying that didn’t make sense at the time, but thanks to this, it does now. Sort of like the so-called “Morbius incarnations” that were retconned in the Doctor Who 20th anniversary special, and then brought back into canon with Series 12.

4 Likes

Just because Steph is Clayface, doesn’t mean she (he?) can’t also be Spolier. This has happened a number of times in the MCU, where a “new” character eventually evolved into an adaptation of a comic character - Skye/Daisy Johnson, Andrew Garner/Lash, Michelle/MJ, Agnes/Agatha Harkness (Spoiler: WandaVision)

4 Likes

I have to admit I honestly forgot about this persona of Clayface. (embarrassed emoji here).

Actually I have to strongly disagree with this idea. its the other way around as they used Babs as the starting point for Steph and Cass (and even The helena’s/huntress’s) . DC broke the mold when they made Babs, and used her to make a new mold to make Cass and Steph.Babs has been around for almost has been around for 55 years, and was batgirl for 21 years before the Killing Joke, and was still Batgirl in elseworlds and cartoons until right up until young justice’s third season in 2019. when stephine brown and Cassandra cain where finally introduced into a cartoon.
Steph was created in August 1992 and Cass 1999 from somewhat different aspects of Babs. Even Selina Kyle/Catwoman of Batman Returns has a lot of Babs in her (were as batman:TAS has the more accurate depiction of Selina).

6 Likes

When I heard that Steph and Babs had a bet over whether Harlivy would stay together, I thought it was adorable. When I found out that Clayface and Babs had a bet over whether Harlivy would stay together, I’m like, “That’s low, man.”

5 Likes

I will say this: I will never forgive Chibnall for what he’s done ever since “The Hungry Earth” and “Cold Blood”, which are sort of like a Chibnall Rosetta Stone for all the horrific things he’s done then and since: The bit in “The Hungry Earth” about the Doctor’s heart, singular, showcased that he has never watched Doctor Who, and the ending of “Cold Blood” showcased his wild political incorrectness, both qualities that were vastly amplified over the next twelve years. I cannot wait for him to be gone, although given the direction of the last episode, he has the potential to do so much damage in the roughly ninety minutes of airtime he has remaining (Assuming the next two episodes are roughly Christmas special-length). All of that said, I will always be grateful that he accidentally closed this thirty-seven-year-old plothole he has definitely never heard of.

5 Likes

Well season 2 of HQ:TAS is a take on No Man’s Land and that is specifically a Cassandra Cain Batgirl story. And lines like “Your legs are hella jacked up!” come off as more Steph than Babs or Cass to me.

Like yeah you don’t get Cass or Steph without Babs, but they both have unique elements to them that I think the show borrowed for this iteration of Babs.

Yeah, on it’s face that bet ain’t a good look for Clayface considering those two are suppose to be his friends. I’m just gonna assume he took the bet expecting to lose and just wanted a reason to treat Babs to lunch.

5 Likes

Haha, yeah, it’s totally not creepy as long as you only think about it for a maximum of three seconds.

5 Likes

A new variant cover for issue 6 was announced.
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

10 Likes

Adorable :purple_heart:

5 Likes