Harley Quinn S2, E9 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

Why is this show so fudging good? Also for the love of gawd DC just give me a sneak peek of the next episode! Ughhhhh waiting a week sucks :expressionless::weary:

12 Likes

I felt seen and validated when Harley sniffed Ivy’s hair, girl me too

7 Likes

I think harley was devoted to eliminating the the other top villains because she wanted to spite joker and the other asshats at the LOD. I think the comment about jumping from one thing to the next is not a comment on her romances, but a comment on her life in general because besides wanting to spite joker or be with ivy, nothing was motivating harley to act, harley has no specific motivation to do anything so shes always “jumping from one thing to the next”. If you disregard her motives that derive from other characters, you realize that she doesn’t even know what she wants from her own life yet. Ivy is ready to settle down, I don’t think there’s much chance she can envision a life with someone who doesn’t have a clear vision of where they want their own life to go.

8 Likes

The star wars little mermaid crossover no one knew we needed.

6 Likes

Ik I mean’t put him in the acid

1 Like

I wonder if this has anything to do with their argument when Harley got into the LOD last season too and then went back with Joker

6 Likes

Ugh it got me in the heart feelers :sob: harley has to do a big amazing declaration of love for Ivy! If they don’t get together after this I’m gonna cry with Harley

9 Likes

Crazy things about this show that should make it stink but somehow work to make it great (not in order of occurrence)
• Harley inc. take out some of the longest standing Batman villains with ease (small tear for Bane, it was great how he was treated by the other villains, no big boy chair at the table for him….lol)
• Bruce is a spoiled brat playing dress up throwing a temper tantrum
• Harley takes out Joker
• Gordon is an emotionally broken alcoholic who wants a friend and only Clayface’s severed hand actually cared
• Robin is actually shown as a little kid with a deluded sense of capability since the media panders to him
• Dr. Psycho called wonder woman the ‘C’ word and everyone is shocked and think him the vilest person ever (despite others being killers, etc.) he gets kicked out of legion of doom and no one lets him forget about it
• Sushi chef for king Shark
• Harley and Ivy have smoldering feelings, but Ivy is hooking up with a ‘D’ list villain and getting married
• Shots Shots….Harley and Ivy accidentally on purpose hook up (about time !) and then accidentally on purpose do it again
• Ivy leaving in Kiteman’s arms secretly wishing she was with Harley…Harley dying inside watching her go

I could list a hundred more things that make this show work, but before I finish I have to say…. I miss Dr Psycho, every team needs a little a**hole like him to make it work, sometimes he is even right and his power set made me think it was him controlling Hippolyta (given his attraction to big pretty/powerful women), oh well…thanks for great series so far

7 Likes

I LOVE This Episode!! I Can’t Get Enough Of Catwoman! It Was Funny, When Harley Threw The TV Away, To Lex Luthor’s Dismay. Is Superman, Wonder Woman Still Stuck Inside The Fairy Tales Book? I Hope They All Get Out Of It, OK. We (The Justice League Unlimited) Need Booster Future Power!! It’d Be Nice, If Rachel Dawes Would Be In An Episode, Of Harley Quinn, w/Huntress & Vicki Vale. It Would Be Cool, If There Was A Fred & Daphne Reference (The Hard Difficulty Of Detective Mystery Work, As Opposed To The Easy Mode, Of Shaggy & Scooby). And Josie & The Pussycats Making An Appearance Would Be Waaaaay Cool!! It Would Be Nice, If Phantom Girl, Saturn Girl & Triplicate Girl, w/Raven, Would Be In A Future Episode, Of Harley Quinn…

2 Likes

Maybe it’s just me, but I feel no tension or drama whatsoever since the showrunners already spoiled that they’ll get together in the end. So whenever there’s a hiccup in the road, I can’t help but roll my eyes and wish they’d get on with it already.

This episode would’ve been much more powerful if the question of Harley and Ivy getting together was actually up in the air. But it’s not, at all.

6 Likes

I feel like it does. It seems that no matter how much their relationship has progressed since then (and how much Harley has grown), on some level Ivy still feels the sting of that, which deep down prevents her from fully trusting Harley when it comes to her heart.

6 Likes

Glad to see Lex Luthor survived the destruction of the Legion of Doom headquarters.

More than that, I hope this isn’t the last time we’ve seen Little Lexy!

10 Likes

It was revealed in season one that Ivy’s biggest fear is Harley always letting her down. So, Ivy always been guarded by her feelings with Harley.

10 Likes

I think this episode gave the clearest argument yet why Harley is better for Ivy than Kiteman: Harley knows Ivy much better, she gives Ivy what she wants and needs even at her own expense, Ivy and Harley’s relationship is far more passionate and exciting than Ivy and Kiteman’s. Harley is the passionate choice, Kiteman is the safe choice. Incidentally, this episode also set up the possibility of a polyamorous relationship for Ivy/Harley/Kiteman, as King Shark literally entered into his own polyamorous relationship and then explained the concept to Kiteman.

But there was also another line in that same scene that had a more insidious implication. Kiteman asked King Shark something like, “You didn’t ask her to marry you over and over again until she said yes?” The juxtaposition between this line, which reflects Kiteman’s relationship with Ivy, and King Shark’s response in the negative, not to mention the passionate affair simultaneously occurring between Ivy and Harley, highlights how unhealthy this aspect of Kiteman’s relationship with Ivy is. If you ask your partner multiple times to marry you, and they don’t respond in the affirmative and you keep asking, that reveals two things: one, your partner is not enthusiastic or certain enough about you to say yes the first time, and two, you did not respect their initial non-affirmative response enough to accept it as their final response. I’m not saying Kiteman is a bad guy - well, he is a criminal, but they’re all criminals, so w/e - he’s definitely sweet and caring, but this dynamic does not portend a healthy marriage.

I also do not understand how anyone could prefer IvyxKiteman over IvyxHarley. Sure, Kiteman is funny and he and Ivy are kinda cute together, but they’re also domestic, basic, and worst of all, they’re static. Can anyone tell me how Ivy and Kiteman’s relationship has evolved since they got together? There was the initial period where Ivy was embarrassed to be seen with Kiteman, and then she got over it, and then Kiteman asked Ivy to marry him a bunch of times and she gave him non-answers, and then he asked her again and she said yes - and that’s kinda it. For almost two entire seasons, that’s strikingly little development. Meanwhile, Ivy and Harley’s relationship is constantly in flux, constantly developing, and just more interesting over all from a literary perspective.

14 Likes

Did anyone catch the error in the credits? Matt Oberg listed as Killer Croc instead of as Kite Man.

4 Likes

Wonder what Ivy’s Hair smells like…

7 Likes

Poor Harls, but also, that was HILARIOUS. Definitely a best in a while episode contender.

5 Likes

Now, imagine if you, will, me arms akimbo lying on my back beneath an acrylic 125 gallon tank filled with congo puffers just inches from my face. And a big pile of collective waste just falls onto the glass.

2 Likes

I’m not surprised by Ivy’s response. She has a fear of abandonment from her youth, her greatest fear is Harley leaving her, even more so after last season when she felt betrayed by her. It’s also true that Harley does have a tendency to bounce from one idea to the next, and her most stable relationship was with a sociopath, and that was toxic.

Adding romance just adds to those fears, makes it assaul the more dangerous. Unsafe, adventurous, uncertain… unlike the safe, reliable option she’s found in Kiteman.

The parallels between King Sharks decision to stay with his wife in a passionate-less, okay marriage versus marriage in only PR so he can find love easily ties into kiteman. Kiteman is the boring safe option. Fortunately, not all is lost for poor Harley, she’s just got to prove to her girl that she can be trusted or is at least worth the risk.

12 Likes

I feel like everything she said at the end of the episode was her declaring her love. But I think the problem is that Ivy doesn’t trust Harley, even though she should. Because everything she’s done has shown her how much she cares

10 Likes