Harley Quinn S2, E9 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

I think the lobster and King Shark stole the show. Anyone else making the song their ring tone?

9 Likes

Just going to leave this here…

24 Likes

Why is the show so dang good!!!

7 Likes

It 100% looks like psycho wonder if he’s coming back for some revenge?!

12 Likes

I laughed almost all the way through this episode until the very end where I started crying. But first let’s talk about the good and the funny…

As I thought she would Harley overcompensating like hell for Ivy’s bachelorette party to make up for the fact that she can’t have her. Especially the bit where Harley went off on Selina, Jen, and Nora. She loves her bestie so much.

Harley sniffing Ivy’s hair. Girl you got it bad.

Of course Selina picks up on the fact that they hooked up even before they actually did.

(Sarcastically): “No Frank I have never seen anything as weird as a talking lobster” lol

As soon as I saw the talking lobster promo pic I just KNEW we were going to get an “under the sea” parody, apparently about defecating in the sea lol

Nora got over her dead husband super quick

The Cob Squad! And Ivy was the only one that got a tattoo and was super proud of that $h** (crying laughing)

Ivy’s string of swears after she and Harley slept together lol

Okay now for the tears:

I love that even after they slept together twice (which was very loud apparently and there were lots of orgasms if I might add) and Ivy went full speed ahead on the denial train Harley was still very patient even though you could tell she was very sad. And yet she still chose to make it about Ivy having the best weekend ever. Harley has developed so much since season one I’m so proud of her.

After a while I was starting to get a little irritated with Ivy because “girl, you can’t keep denying what’s happening and running away from it, you got to confront this ■■■■” And you just know it’s torture for Harley to hear her say that “it was a mistake, it was a mistake”. So eventually they both do talk about it. Harley put herself out there, poured her heart out, and it was crushed . But I understand Ivy’s reasons and they make perfect sense and it is very consistent with Harley being her greatest fear. So I don’t blame her for feeling that way. It still (bleeping) hurts though.

“I trust you with my life Harley, but I don’t trust you with my heart” gut punch

And what makes this worse is that, it would be one thing if Ivy didn’t share the same feelings that Harley had for her. Then it probably wouldn’t hurt as much and Harley will probably be able to get over it in time. But the fact is Ivy does share those same feelings which makes the heart ache 10 times worse because that means you’re just deliberately choosing not to be with Harley and you rather choose the safer option instead which deep down is something you clearly don’t want.

And honestly since Ivy’s made her choice she had better stick with it or change her mind about it because any fooling around with Harley after this while she’s still with Kiteman would just be legit torture to Harley and that wouldn’t be fair.

King Sharks monologue about wanting a soulmate summed up everything perfectly. Enough said. And Kiteman thinking that that’s clearly him and Ivy and the awkward silence between clayface and Frank. Yeah…okay.

Lastly seeing Harley breakdown in tears like that on the plane was so heartbreaking. I was crying right along with her. Harley, who’s never had a healthy loving relationship, finally understands love, finally has real feelings for a person who deserves it, and she can’t be with them. FRICK!

24 Likes

Not going to lie, they did romance better then I thought they would. My biggest worry is that they would makes things rushed and a bit forced given the limited time left, and that didn’t fit with the show. When it comes to deeper more emotional stuff, they really took there time with it, so in my mind I thought they would rush just to get to a specific ending. I still think they are rushing a bit but it’s not as bad as I thought it would be. What I do find interesting is how the show mirrors Harley and Ivy’s current relationship in the comics, where they are no longer together because ivy no longer trusts harley with her heart.
Still, we all know that they are setting things up for Ivy to leave kiteman at the altar. I still want them together but it isn’t going to happen. If they do then that will genuinely surprise me.

If you’ve seen DC abridged then you will know why I wanted the lobster to be called John. there was a lot more faeces in the song then I expected… probably won’t be going to the ocean anytime soon. When the lobster was describing the situation, was I the only one that got prequel star wars vibes? King sharks story, I don’t know why but it reminded me of shark tale. Well, I know what I am doing later.

7 Likes

So this is going to sound like a broken record, but damn that was an awesome episode!

Of COURSE Eris and Luthor would try to pull their own Fyre Festival! (for anyone who might not know, Eris is the goddess of discord and infighting. She set the events in motion that started the Trojan War)

Still loving that they got Giancarlo Esposito to voice Luthor. That man should play the live action version when they make another Superman movie.

I wonder what the writers of this show could POSSIBLY have against Disney.

And the great comedy was balanced out perfectly with the genuine emotion.

Can’t wait to see what’s next!

13 Likes

Anyone catch when Harley states Ivy is changing her tampon…

14 Likes

Looks like we may be heading for a “The Graduate” scenario at the wedding…

12 Likes

Great wrap-up summary from Den of Geek worth reading … " It’s a heartbreaking end to a stellar episode. But what really impresses here isn’t the love affair or the crude jokes, but the fact that once again the creators of Harley Quinn are actually committed to creating authentic and realistic queer relationships even when it doesn’t make for an easy story. I critiqued the last season for seemingly chickening out of committing to Harley and Ivy, but I take that back. This episode reassures this reviewer that the creators take them seriously and have been planning this arc since the beginning. As much as I want a happy ending for the pair, I’d prefer a beautiful, flawed, whole relationship than an unrealistic fairy tale."

12 Likes

Harley said " The first time we’d just escaped jail"

The end of every episode ALWAYS breaks my heart

7 Likes

As usual, great show.

“Jen” in that fight scene though…

Loved it.

10 Likes

She was referring to the kiss. Many people consider kissing a big deal. :laughing:

3 Likes

Hell yes! Lol

3 Likes

I really enjoy seeing Strife/Eris from the New 52 Wonder Woman run; she was a great character and doesn’t get enough play.

5 Likes

I agree, and I want HarleyxIvy just as much but Ivy wasn’t entirely wrong with what she said to Harley. She should be scared of Harley leaving her because she has a notorious history of going back to the Joker and then coming to Ivy for help just to leave her again. It was a never ending cycle. And even though the Joker is “dead” and him and Harley I broken up Ivy still has that fear.

8 Likes

Don’t forget Ivy knows that Joker isn’t dead after they recognized him bartending. So that could be in the back of her mind as well. I like this conflict. It’s real and really captures how Harley and Ivy have both grown.

8 Likes

The main conflict here is that Harley still hasn’t found herself. Everything she has done thus far has been done because she wanted to spite Joker and all the asshats from the former LOD (Doom not D*ck).

Now that she has done what she set out to accomplish I feel that she doesn’t have a goal or purpose (besides being with Ivy) and Ivy knows that, which is why even though she does have love for Harley, she could never be with her, because she doesn’t know what a future with Harley would hold for her.

This episode was all about re-evaluating what each of the characters REALLY wanted when faced with a reality check. For King Shark it meant partaking in a sham marriage to prevent a war that would have devastated his family, for Ivy it meant sticking with her fiancee even though she has strong feelings for Harley.

As for Harley, we don’t know, because we don’t know what she REALLY wants on her own, all her actions have been driven by other characters thus far (her love of Ivy, her need to spite Joker). She’s in a pretty sad place right now, not knowing what she wants or where she fits into this new anarchic Gotham. She’s made a little bit of progress in her journey of self-discovery but is definitely lost and still has a ways to go before she finds herself. Hopefully the writers have something really good cooked up for us. Looking forward to seeing how everything resolves itself.

15 Likes

Honestly I didnt understand what ivy meant from jumping from one to the next. She was completely devoted to joker even though she shouldn’t have been and ivy saw that. And since dumping him shes been completely devoted to taking down the other villains in gotham to be on top, shes done that. Why doesnt she trust Harley will stick around? But my guess is after being rejected twice already, shes got one more try in her, Ivy will reject her again and the last episode of the season will see Ivy realize she wants to be with her, but Harley by that point will have been rejectected thrice and since she can’t pretend like her feelings dont exist and gotham is rejoining the U.S., she’s going to say screw it and join the suicide squad to get over it. And season 3 will consist of ivy trying to get to harley and express her feelings and then once she does the rest of the season could be both of them figuring out how to get the bomb out of Harley’s head so they can escape back to gotham or perhaps even coney island. Just my thoughts

5 Likes

Yeah, its more about Harley discovering herself. How is she supposed to find out what SHE wants if she only is deriving any meaning from her life by being in a relationship?

4 Likes