Harley Quinn S2, E6 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

Another awesome episode. Enjoyed the flashback.

The flashback looks were awesome. Joker Ivy were nice. Gordon put together. Political Harv. And riddlers hair was hilarious.

The trio of bats Jim and Harv were great. Enjoying there twizzes. Gordon not allowed on the front of the batmobile was hilarious. And Harv being his evil self for the start. Great.

Joker was great. Complaining about the food. Those emotional scars and the dark knight reminiscent interrogation. Human Joker on the other hand was great too. Fun tease at the end.

Harley and Ivy’s start to there friendship was nice. Very sweet moment.

And Psycho was was great. Fun joke at the end.

5 Likes

I won’t lie, last weeks episode didn’t quite land with me, but this episode was awesome.

I loved the idea of Joker being sane and am interested in seeing where they go with that. I also am a big fan of flashback episodes when done well as this one was. I loved seeing younger versions of the cast and little things like The Riddler having hair was fun as was seeing a pre-Two Face Harvey Dent.

The bomb subplot was real well done all of it right down to the location of the bomb felt very Batman. Gordon was great as always even in a slightly less haggared younger version. And seeing how Ivy and Harley interacted when they first met was a nice treat.

Also liked the cliffhanger, be interesting to see if Harley makes it out of this one in one piece like Riddler or is about to join Penguin and Mr. Freeze in pushing up daises.

All in all a great episode. I guess kind of filler in we probably didn’t NEED the flashback but I am so glad we got it.`

Also hope Harley’s crew will finally be back next episode. Seeing Dr. Psycho make a cameo was fun but I miss the rest of the crew after more or less 2 episodes without them.

9 Likes

Bane is too precious to die. His innocence and naivete is the best part. And he does it while still breaking Batman like a twig. But man, is Harvey an a–hole in this version.

8 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS HARLEY

11 Likes

I agree I don’t want to see Bane die. I hope there’s some “redemption” of some sort or maybe a riddler type of situation so he doesn’t die

7 Likes

You guys are killing it with this series. Another great episode with heart. Pretty subtle character development for Ivy in this episode in regard to Joker stealing her story. The show quickly moves past it but if you stop and think about the Ferris story, it really speaks a lot to who the Joker is VS who Ivy is, and the different types of “villains” out in the DCU.

Can’t wait for next week!

5 Likes

It will be interesting if Joker remains “normal” or if he will revert back to his old self. It does raise the question, was it really his past that created the Joker or is Ivy right and everyone has a core that defines them? Since the writers have changed a lot of the characters it will be interesting to see what direction they are going.
I am loving how they are doing this show and their choices so far have been marvelous!

8 Likes

Tbh I don’t want Harley and Ivy to be together. Their friendship is one of the show’s highlights. Making it anything beyond that will completely change the dynamic of everything. Writers of fiction usually fall into the trap of making two characters who’re good friends end up together. There are more ways, better ways to develop relationships than just romance.

And in the romance department, Kite Man is already a great partner for Ivy. They have a really well-developed relationship. I don’t understand why that has to end.

I don’t know why the writers went ahead and spoiled that Harley and Ivy would end up together. Completely detracts from all of Ivy and Kite Man’s interactions. Sigh.

On a more positive note, I’m happy that the Two-Face episode is next. I hope to hear a lot of that catchy jazz tune. :musical_note:

4 Likes

This show keeps getting better and better. Can’t wait for Bane next week.

3 Likes

SERIOUSLY?..BEST EPISODE EVER…the best episode of this series,hands down…nothing even comes close…this was the deepest,most mature,most grounded,most meaningful episode ever…it managed to tackle realistically emotional context and heavy real word topics flawlessly…all while not sacrificing ANY of it’s trademark humorous style…it was perfect…deep,real,dramatic,funny,still had action,every charcacter that matters was in it…i mean…the days of season 1 are just long gone…the show has matured into something awesome…they can’t go back to season 1’s style at this point…which was fun but seemed to cater to a millenial mindset a little…i think the writers really wanted to go deeper and improve these stories…and they have…even with the first ep. of season 2,in the first opening minutes,you could see the increase in quality and depth from season 1…funnier jokes…a more dynamic script…the show’s just soooo much better now…this is my favorite show now…my last 2 favorite shows were Breaking Bad and when that ended,The X-Files season 11…and now it’s this…so Harley’s in very good company…I’m putting her up there with The X-Files & Breaking Bad!..that’s fantastic!..c’mon this is totally the coolest animated show out right now…where else can you go to watch BATMAN be FUNNY??!..NOWHERE…this is the only place in the world where you can pretty much go to hear and see Batman be comedic…this show is so great​:+1:

3 Likes

GET DICK GRAYSON & HARLEY TOGETHER…SHIP THESE TWO!!..they can be the new batman & catwoman…don’t overthink it DC…just go with the flow baby…go with the flow…do it!..you have the power…the power is in YOUR HANDS!..DO IT!!..lol

1 Like

remember the joker’s voice laughing at that moment?..during the zoom-in of that photo?..lol…i’ll never forget that…what a GREAT MOVIE

1 Like

those harley toys are so cool!!..:heart:

1 Like

he can b fixed?!!..lol

1 Like

i dont really wanna see ANY of the main villians die…what fun is that?..

1 Like

i dont know what the 31 best animated series of all time are…but the list should DEFINATELY have…The Transformers,The Real Ghostbusters,G.I.Joe,Looney Tunes,Batman:tas,The Simpsons,Futurama,Dungeons & Dragons,Ducktales,T.M.N.T.,Voltron,the Dragonball series,King of The Hill,Spawn,Cowboy Bebop,The Flintstones,Thundercats,Ghost in the Shell S.A.C,X-Men,He-Man,Superman (1940’s),The Maxx,Spider-Man (1990’s),Neon Genesis Evangelion,Daria,Animaniacs,Ren & Stimpy,Popeye,Jem,Archer,Peanuts,Scooby-Doo,Sealab 2021,Samurai Jack,The Boondocks,Aeon Flux…and of course…SPACE GHOST:coast to coast…i think thats more than 31 actually…oh well,whatevs…lol…they r still the best ever…who knows Harley might be on that list soon…seriously

Still laughing at “oh I hope he saw us because I want him to see the face of his murder.”

Ivy was soooo ready to get her revenge for him, ya know, murdering her.

6 Likes

yeah…i’m good on the gay stuff…not interested in the least

1 Like

This felt more like a traditional tAS than the brand of episode that Harley has made for itself.

Either way, I really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Other than King Shark and Clayface.

1 Like