Harley Quinn S2, E1 Reaction Thread - šŸšØ WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD šŸšØ

I thought the plotting felt to easy and contrived and the humor didnā€™t work as well as the first seast.

3 Likes

ā€œEasy and contrivedā€ really hit the nail on the head. The characters felt off from the previous season, and the situations felt inorganic. Iā€™m really worried about season 2 after this. It almost feels like the writers didnā€™t know what to do after the first season. Really hoping it was just rushing some plot to get us onto bigger and better things.

I donā€™t know how Jim Gordon makes threw the day his life is a mess cant wait to see his daughter though

2 Likes

I also realize just this episode they messing up Bane other times i seen hes more tactical and fighter they are really spoofing on him

1 Like

Did not hook me quite like episodes in season 1 but still funny and enjoyable. We need distractions like this with everything going on in the world. I know people were looking for Frank And Kite Man but they have to leave something for future episodes. Psycho and King Sharkā€™s 2 man costume was great. And Robin assuming the mantle of the bat-priceless. Really looking forward to this season. Everyone out there take care of yourselves and anyone else who may need some help. Peace.

2 Likes

I LOVE the little jazzy tune that played whenever Two-Face and/or his goons step onscreen. Made me laugh every time.

Imagine the oddsā€¦ Both new episodes of two different shows that came out on DC Universe on the same day featured the SAME EXACT quote from The Karate Kid. ā€œSweep the leg, Johnny!ā€ All-Star Games and Harley Quinn both had this quote. The odds of that are just crazy to me lol.

Also, whyā€™re people feeling bad for Penguin? Heā€™s a sociopathic murderer. Save the tears for someone who deserves them. :wink:

7 Likes

This show consistently does SOMETHING every episode that makes me scream in sheer shock, and the Penguin thing in this episode was it. My girlfriend and I were watching and when it happened, Iā€™m pretty sure my scream was way higher than hers lol. (we are both HUGE fans) Bless this show, this is exactly what I needed in these weird times.

4 Likes

Bane and the folding chair was one of the funniest thing I ever saw. Iā€™m looking forward to what season 2 brings. I really hope that Ivy and Harleyā€™s relationship will be developed and explored more.

4 Likes

Whereā€™s my boy Kite Man (hell yeah)?

2 Likes

This was much better than I hoped for. I went from being casually interested in giving the show a shot when it first arrived (I think I had like 6 episodes backlogued before I did) to loving it.
The humor still works for me, Bane and the folding chair was a wonderful scene. I love his little remark about revenge forthcoming. Maybe nothing comes of it or maybe he joins with the ragtag crew to mess up some other Gotham baddies? Weā€™ll see.
I did not find anything easy or contrived about the episode, sure, the premise of No Manā€™s Land has been done before (I just finished Batman Ninja which literally had a fiefdom arc) but this is a natural progression from the events that went down in Season 1, so I am willing to withhold judgment (as of right now, I have almost zero anyways.)
I was never a big fan of Harley but this show is fantastic and changed my opinion of what her character could be like and accomplish.
[also, this Jim Gordon is a pure delight. he is equal parts hilarious and sad to watch.]

2 Likes

First off, love the episode, itā€™s nice seeing these whack jobs back together. I like that the show has some kind of direction itā€™s going, that each episode is building towards whatever Harleyā€™s goal for this(and last) season. If this show gets a third season, I can only imagine what her goal will be that season.

That being said, I really do miss the laidback Slice-Of-Life aspect that the first season had, itā€™s Seinfeld-esque episodic feel made it stand out from most of the other animated superhero shows that came before. There are still aspects of that in this episode, but when you turn the city into a neon MadMax wasteland, you canā€™t really call it Slice-of-life if it no longer resembles the everyday mundaneness of normal life.

But more importantly, whereā€™s Frank and Kiteman? Especially, Frank.

Anyway, even with my little gripe with itā€™s new post-apocalyptic No Manā€™s Land setting, I still love the show and itā€™s characters. Iā€™m definitely looking forward to seeing Batgirl next episode, cuz it looks like Barbara is basically the adult version of her DC Superhero Girls counterpart, which already looks hilarious.

3 Likes

What are your thoughts on Harley Quinn season two? I have to say Harley Quinn Season 2 is an awesome way to start the season! Iā€™m looking forward to what is in store for the series. I really hope we get a JL type show as a spin-off.

6 Likes

I really liked it! Perfect start to the season

4 Likes

Wow!!! What a start for season 2!! . Sweep the leg Johnny line from HQ (Karate Kid reference) ,Jokers Last Laugh plug (great read!) , He-Man vibes when she raised her bat & said Gotham City is gonna be mine. This show continues to impress. The Clapper & I want a divorce line from Barb was great!. I canā€™t wait to see more. This show has it all. Humor, great characters. Anarchy, Violence & DC easter eggs throughout. Exactly what a HQ show should be. Bullseye :dart: imho.

6 Likes

I already posted most of my thoughts on the s2 ep1 reaction board. That being said, love the show but I miss the more slice-of-life, Seinfeld-esque vibe season one had.

I am looking forward to the implied Harley x Ivy relationship, itā€™s the one aspect I miss from the comics. However, Kiteman x Ivy totally worked for this show. And IF they did split up, it needs to be for legitimate(and hopefully hilarious) reasons. Cuz IF Harley & Ivy are a thing, then it needs to be believable, and well paced. Nothing makes a scenario/story worse than rushing through it. But they have implied a romantic relationship before in the season one trailer, and it turn out to be just a red herring. So, weā€™ll see.

Iā€™m definitely looking forward to seeing Batgirl next episode. She looks like an adult version of Barbara from Lauren Faustā€™s ā€œDC Superhero Girlsā€, which looks hilarious.

2 Likes

Maybe Iā€™m taking this plot point too seriously, but how did Harley manage to survive two months frozen in ice? I know these are comic book characters but come on!

1 Like

If Nora Fries can survive on ice for years, I have no problem believing Harley could survive for 2 months. Iā€™m more surprised the block she was frozen in didnā€™t shatter sooner when she was getting knocked around

3 Likes

Good points.

1 Like

I just loved that it showed the perspective of a character from inside one of Freezes ice-blocks. I thought it was cool to see that. Never saw it anywhere b4.

4 Likes

Donā€™t forget Joker (perhaps).