HARLEY QUINN S1, E7 Reaction Thread - šŸšØ WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD šŸšØ

ALLLLLLRIGHTYYYYY THAT WAS A LOT OF GORE But bigolly Ivy and Kite is AMAZING!

I really like Kite man, they work grrrreat together.

Soā€¦ soo much blood. Still a fantastic episode! LOVE YA DC!

1 Like

Can someone please explain why they actually like Ivy and Kite Man together? Overall this was another really good episode, but I just cannot get behind this pairing at all. Just because they use the whole ā€œIā€™m embarrassed by you at first but now I seem to really careā€ cliche doesnā€™t automatically mean that the relationship is gonna be good. She said that she likes him against her better judgement, but why? Iā€™m not saying this version of Kite Man is objectively bad or anything, but given their interactions, I also canā€™t think of a single reason why sheā€™d actually want to date him

2 Likes

For me, I like how his stupid humor works with her dry humor. Plus I have never been a fan or thought that Ivy and Harley made sense, to me at least. They never seemed like a believable couple and just always came off as bad fan fiction, in a hey isnā€™t this hot kinda way. Just never bought into it. In the long run I donā€™t care really Iā€™m not a Harley fan. I am enjoying the show though. Sheā€™s ok but I never thought she was a good standalone character. I feel this show kinda highlights that. To me she is a better supporting character. I enjoy everyone else on the show more than her.

3 Likes

Praxisā€¦that was a deep cut into DC characters lol

2 Likes

Amazing as always! I really love this show!
I also approve IvyƗKite
I really canā€™t wait for the day Harley joins the Leagion of Doom and proves to everyon especially the Joker how great she is

2 Likes

When I first saw ā€œPraxisā€ on the shirts of the reunion guests, I thought of the Klingon moon that exploded in Star Trek VI. I suffer from ā€œMultiple Nerdy Crossover Syndromeā€. LOL!

5 Likes

This show is great. Light-hearted and irreverent just like HQ

2 Likes

Interesting. I wonder what that process is like. Maybe schedules conflict? Are you talking about Wanda / Kaley or the cast in general? Mercenary mouse taking one last drag, haha. Still gets me

1 Like

Recall ep 1. Ivy broke riddler out and captured Batman just to prove a point to fix HQ. She takes in strays. Super powerful green goddess deigns to live among mortals. She stoops down to help HQ & KM because thatā€™s her blindspot. KM along for the ride :wink: canā€™t believe his luck actually gets feelings hurt bc heā€™s so confident heā€™s oblivious to how under qualified he is to date her, haha

3 Likes

From a restaurant perspective, MBS is also the Japanese marbling scale for beef. Thatā€™d be like getting an MRI at a place called Medical Research Institute or losing weight on one of those TV workout machines called Be More Invested

2 Likes

Sure, you could continue to explore a tragic figure who is chained to an abuser, but from a writing perspective freeing Harley from the Mista J also frees up the different sides of her. HQ is a woman who exemplifies courage but still commits crime - a premise for the fun anti-hero. Thereā€™s a momentum sheā€™s building by including new teammates and they offer new directions for the character. You remember how interesting she was in Return of the Joker? There are enough sad stories about unhealthy codependence. Save that particular relationship for a drama. If the nice thing that about that old joker HQ dynamic for you was loyalty well the new storyline has plenty examples of loyalty. If what you liked about it was her unmitigated subservience, well, that would be wasting the punk rock that Harley brings to the table. I love Joker, but sheā€™ll grow better without the olā€™ ball & chain

3 Likes

Maybe it has to be in water.

5 Likes

I remember them saying that voice actors recorded together ā€œwhenever possible.ā€ So there were cases where it was not.

4 Likes

Iā€™m sorry but this had to be the worst episode so far. I liked the side story between Ivy and Kite-Man but the Queen of Fables is just too over the top. I was actually looking forward to Harley letting the vengeful Praxis torch her. I think a better storyline would have been Harley and crew getting the weather machine and then various members of the Legion trying to steal it from her.

1 Like

I look at it as Ivy is finding her way just like Harley. Everyone has to kiss a few frogs before they can find their prince (princess?) I too would have not liked it if Ivy and Harley immediately got together right after Joker. This series is all about growth and itā€™s been a joy ride for me.

7 Likes

Every episode isnā€™t going to hit a homerun with every joke. Mathematically impossible. Just another piece of the story of Harley trying to find her place in the world. Good stuff keep it coming. And Frank the plant makes any episode a winner.

3 Likes

I know for a fact, it varies. It does depend on their schedules.

And DC has given the writers permission to use all characters in the entire DC portfolio. So future characters are almost unlimited.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a fair point. I definitely agree that while I would love to see Harley and Ivy get together at some point, it would feel rushed if it happened immediately after she dumped Joker. The writers have even addressed this directly, which I appreciate. Thereā€™s obviously plenty more you can do w/ Harley besides have her be in a relationship

5 Likes

That was my thought as well.

2 Likes